2 minutes ago, bell said:

Agreed the head profile doesn’t look like a leapord.......but why would the old lad shit himself when he saw a moggy in his caravan, he would have booted it up the arse surely ?

Unless the old boy is a total bullshitter something’s not right, definitely agree the head is narrow and ears pointie more moggy than leopard also when he says leopard type regarding the dna result, don’t no if that could hint at hybridisation, it’s better to look for the answers than just keep shouting liar though I think ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, bell said:

Agreed the head profile doesn’t look like a leapord.......but why would the old lad shit himself when he saw a moggy in his caravan, he would have booted it up the arse surely ?

He thought he saw a leopard i expect and once it had a title it became that. I was driving along the link road in Devon one day, my missis looking up at a small field through a gap in the trees, she said NO! i looked at the same place but trees obscured the view, as we got another 30 yards we came to another break and she laughed, in the field was a black dog walking toward a woman. On 1st view she thought she'd seen a black cat and if we'd never gotten that second wider view she would have thought that for good, human eyes are very fallible. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Unless the old boy is a total bullshitter something’s not right, definitely agree the head is narrow and ears pointie more moggy than leopard also when he says leopard type regarding the dna result, don’t no if that could hint at hybridisation, it’s better to look for the answers than just keep shouting liar though I think ?

Can't be true because melanism has never been verified in Cougars. 

8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

What's with all this hybridisation, you mean between leopards and domestic cats? As to look for answer, not to sure what answers your looking for, think its pretty safe to say that's a bog standard cat.

I’m not on either side here as I’m open to then being here but if your sure of a area and time I’m struggling to see why you can’t get evidence fair enough you don’t want to say the location and have every Tom dick and Harry traipsing about but couldn’t you set up camera traps and get a select few of people you trust and get watching 

16 minutes ago, sandymere said:

What's with all this hybridisation, you mean between leopards and domestic cats? As to look for answer, not to sure what answers your looking for, think its pretty safe to say that's a bog standard cat.

I think he's claiming there to be Puma/Leopard hybrids out there, just way too far fetched for me. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, sandymere said:

He thought he saw a leopard i expect and once it had a title it became that. I was driving along the link road in Devon one day, my missis looking up at a small field through a gap in the trees, she said NO! i looked at the same place but trees obscured the view, as we got another 30 yards we came to another break and she laughed, in the field was a black dog walking toward a woman. On 1st view she thought she'd seen a black cat and if we'd never gotten that second wider view she would have thought that for good, human eyes are very fallible. 

Yes but this was 2 foot away and showed him his Gnashers !!!!.......bit different !..........why would the old lad lie about it ?  He couldn’t be mistaken that close up.......you tell me what he has to lie about it ?

1 minute ago, bell said:

Yes but this was 2 foot away and showed him his Gnashers !!!!.......bit different !..........why would the old lad lie about it ?  He couldn’t be mistaken that close up.......you tell me what he has to lie about it ?

He's either mistaken or lying, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Do you seriously need to ask why people lie? 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

I think he's claiming there to be Puma/Leopard hybrids out there, just way too far fetched for me. 

cats in captivity interbreed but in the wild? that's a very different thing plus aren't their infertility problems?

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Well ive asked the question once mate, what would the old lad have to benefit from saying he had a leapord in his caravan ?

Just now, sandymere said:

cats in captivity interbreed but in the wild? that's a very different thing plus aren't their infertility problems?

There's only been a handful of these hybrids that have been documented, they suffer from infertility problems and suffer from dwarfism. 

To suggest that there's a healthy breeding population of hybrids is ludicrous IMO. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, bell said:

He got his 15 minutes of fame perhaps or just the story built with the telling to meet the needs of the audience , its a common phenomenon, memory like eyesight is unreliable. 

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/3002796/ive-got-freaking-alien-my-backyard-ufo-community

Edited by sandymere
2 minutes ago, bell said:

Well ive asked the question once mate, what would the old lad have to benefit from saying he had a leapord in his caravan ?

You tell me? He wasn't a young man was he, old folk can get confused and mistaken. 

Maybe he did actually believe there was a Leopard in his caravan? 

Edited by Greb147
13 minutes ago, General lee said:

I’m not on either side here as I’m open to then being here but if your sure of a area and time I’m struggling to see why you can’t get evidence fair enough you don’t want to say the location and have every Tom dick and Harry traipsing about but couldn’t you set up camera traps and get a select few of people you trust and get watching 

I have lost two trail cams there but each year will be back with a new strategy, I find footprints and kills but still no picture, I have a week or two a year and it stops again  truth be told the scientific stuff the sceptics choose to ignore is far more exciting to me than the clear picture I,ve seen a few and I,m sure some one will come forward that have one and are willing to go public,?

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic