41 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Used to regularly lamp ,by a safari park ,,if the wind is right you can be two or three miles away ,and they sound like they are right next to you ,it's fukin frightening .

Lads used to jump the fence and lamp inside it too. Sod that ?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I don't understand how that has anything to do with big cats breeding over here in the UK though? 

As you say they are extremely protective of their young, still no reports of females attacking people or dogs. 

I took that story to mean that we ( humans ) subconsciously steer clear of such danger ( big cats )........hence possible lack of sightings.

Or maybe im reading too much into it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

That's what i think too, they're highly protective of their young so why no attacks? 

All animals use scent to communicate danger etc.. They can tell what's about, how long ago.... Wether or not its safe etc....you can buy lion fur to go around animal pens to keep away foxes etc.... So obviously an animal that's native to here  has a built in sense to think f**k this... This cnuts a lot bigger and badder than me... Let's f**k off sharpish.... That's why you probably wouldn't find one because your bull x would be bricking it and leading you a different way ??

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

All animals use scent to communicate danger etc.. They can tell what's about, how long ago.... Wether or not its safe etc....you can buy lion fur to go around animal pens to keep away foxes etc.... So obviously an animal that's native to here  has a built in sense to think f**k this... This cnuts a lot bigger and badder than me... Let's f**k off sharpish.... That's why you probably wouldn't find one because your bull x would be bricking it and leading you a different way ??

I think that's a long shot, that people haven't bumped in to mothering big cats due to their dogs sensing them. 

I know some dogs pull on the lead but it's usually the owner who dictates where they walk. ?

• Like 1

Fishing at shearwater at night and hearing the lions first light is a memory I will never forget .Made the trip a lot better if the carp weren’t having it .Leopards call as well but without being sarcastic ,I havnt heard one nor know anyone who has .

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

All I'm saying is chill out?... 

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinions... But the same repetative, and little sly, underhanded comments are f***ing cringe worthy pal?

I look at it like this.... If I have some experience of a topic, then I will add my input, helpful or not?

If I have no interest in a topic, like football and shooting.... Then I just scroll down ... 

If I think someone is talking shit or taking the piss... Then I like many others will say something....But I wouldn't go out of my way mind,page after page of insults looking for a reaction ?like you have, it seems almost personal to me?.... The 'hard on' that you have for Greyman and the interest he gets in this thread??? Who knows what goes on in the inner workings of a man's brain??? I'm no f***ing head doctor ?But from where I'm sitting, looking in on this, it's coming across as extremely pathetic and childish... That's all I meant by my comment, no hard feelings Tim?

When there is some concrete evidence... Proven beyond.... Then I'm sure you will be one of the first to be informed ??

One person  has been the driver on this thread ,without him it would have gone the way of many other threads mate .

I directed any negativity at the thread not the man UNTIL it became apparent he was unable or unwilling to answer the simplest of questions from myself and many others .

Some comments of mine are meant to be cringeworthy in-line with some quotes from you know who .

He has put himself forward as the go to expert on the subject ,intentionally or otherwise but dosnt seem to have much to share or able to answer questions I feel that would back up the continuous push to convince us they are out there .

If anybody else tried the same on any other subject they’d be torn a new one by the whole of the thl massive .

I used to a have a real interest in the subject as I’ve written before ,went to many supposed kill sites in my area until it became very apparent it was two large Rotty crosses doing the killing .

Ive travelled more than most on here hunting ,shooting up and down the country but as yet have failed to talk to anyone ,been shown anything that backs up the claims made on here .Perhaps I’ve been unlucky or perhaps there’s nothing to see .

Either way if a chap wants to make such claims as have been made on here ,he is open to scrutiny by anyone who finds the whole thing a bit ott and lacks the facts expected of a person who’s devoted their life to revealing the existence of big cats ,living and breeding on our Isle .

Again perhaps I’m jumping the gun and I will be put squarely in my place one day with irrefutable evidence for his case .Until then ,I think I’ll just keep asking questions that won’t be answered .

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Had a night out probably 20 yrs ago at Oscar's nightclub at Longleat....stepped out side for some air and a smoke... f***ing surreal hearing Lions roaring when your flying your nuts off?

Oscars now there’s a blast from the past .Some exquisite pussy there mate ?

3 hours ago, Balaur said:

I've been walking through Longleat at night feels like they're in same field, haha fast walk that was....

I’ve fished a few nights out there sounds like they are behind your brolly, funny how all these park animals behave very different when the parks are closed my misses used to work in Bristol zoo after hours and the lions and tigers were totally different, they would run up and down chasing you through the cage and roar like feck, go up there during opening hours and they are just led there looking bored to death ✌️

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I’ve fished a few nights out there sounds like they are behind your brolly, funny how all these park animals behave very different when the parks are closed my misses used to work in Bristol zoo after hours and the lions and tigers were totally different, they would run up and down chasing you through the cage and roar like feck, go up there during opening hours and they are just led there looking bored to death ✌️

In the wild they are mostly nocturnal and start to rouse in the late afternoon. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I think that's a long shot, that people haven't bumped in to mothering big cats due to their dogs sensing them. 

I know some dogs pull on the lead but it's usually the owner who dictates where they walk. ?

I do get 1 or 2 mother with cub reports most years mate, cats can also breed when it suites them so not  an actual season, though judging by the times of the sightings I would say like most alpha predators they tend to have young a few months earlier than the prey species that they will be feeding on so I think and this is just me with no proof other than circumstantial I think the few cubs born in this country happens in January/feb so they are big enough to prey on native animals young that tend to be born from March onwards if that makes sense it’s also a time people spend less time outdoors funnily enough

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

In the wild they are mostly nocturnal and start to rouse in the late afternoon. 

That’s also why most sightings are by the first and last dog walkers of the day and also makes the quality of the pics a bit shit as the light conditions are a bit crap, the latest podcast the guy is filming one while he is talking and the pics are awful ?

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic