2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

How is it? Can you show me any convincing footage out of all those countless sighting videos on the Web? 

I haven't got any footage only second hand what's been posted on the web.

The written reports I'm on about.i just can't see every single reported sighting being lies that's all..

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Why would mates I've known for over fifty years lie to me and not report or go to the press ffs. Some I have said have you seen a big cat out of interest, got their account but never ever put it about. These are good countrymen I've know all my life,  one I grew up with our gardens backed onto each other solid guy watch one for twenty minute stalking rabbits while doing a gutter on a bungalow on the side of Dartmoor  about two hundred yards away. Not liars good country folk good accounts.

Cheers Arry

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Arry said:

Why would mates I've known for over fifty years lie to me and not report or go to the press ffs. Some I have said have you seen a big cat out of interest, got their account but never ever put it about. These are good countrymen I've know all my life,  one I grew up with our gardens backed onto each other solid guy watch one for twenty minute stalking rabbits while doing a gutter on a bungalow on the side of Dartmoor  about two hundred yards away. Not liars good country folk good accounts.

Cheers Arry

And that's excately my point mate.people who have spent time in the countryside.not folk from inner city areas.dont get me wrong obviously some are lying or have made a wrong judgment on what they have seen.

But amongst that there must be a solid true account just like your mate seen..

• Thanks 1

There were undoubtedly big cats of various breeds released from captivity in the mid 70's when the Dangerous Wild Animals act came into force, but I doubt many of them survived in the wild.

Did any of them breed ?  What were the chances of a breeding pair being released in the same area, or a pregnant female  having a litter and rearing them ? Very remote, I'd say !

I can't explain the sightings, so I have to keep an open mind, but I haven't seen one photo that doesn't look more like a feral cat or a dog !

On balance, I'd say they aren't out there......but I'd love to be proven wrong !

Cheers.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

They may not be lying but they may be wrong or mistaken?

10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

There were undoubtedly big cats of various breeds released from captivity in the mid 70's when the Dangerous Wild Animals act came into force, but I doubt many of them survived in the wild.

Did any of them breed ?  What were the chances of a breeding pair being released in the same area, or a pregnant female  having a litter and rearing them ? Very remote, I'd say !

I can't explain the sightings, so I have to keep an open mind, but I haven't seen one photo that doesn't look more like a feral cat or a dog !

On balance, I'd say they aren't out there......but I'd love to be proven wrong !

Cheers.

Plus then you have the scenario of inbreeding which would cause lots of problems. 

And if we are going down the hybrid route I don't know of any breeding hybrids in the big cat kingdom that have produced healthy young. 

Remember these would be wild cats that have to hunt and fend for themselves. 

Lads, lads, lads. 

If you think I'm going to spend my evening going through every post and deleting pages and pages for the third time. think again.

If you aren't interested in the subject, find one you are interested in. 

Until we see anything remotely mind swaying Walshie ,this thread is going to attract opposite camps .Twas ever thus .

We are being asked to believe in something that no one has recorded with any deliberation nor has the science been publicised yet still we are lead ,nay shouted down for not being allowed to be lead .

The fors outway the against therefore the against are wrong lol.How dare we  disagree ?????

37 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

They may not be lying but they may be wrong or mistaken?

20mins looking at something 200yds away.that is a long old time to watch and decide what you are looking at though..

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Astanley said:

I personally am a doubter ,but for some people it's not enough to doubt ,they have to stand on the sidelines and criticise and hate , because that's the way they are ,they are wrapped up in the sense of their own importance ,I feel sorry for them ,they have no dreams ,no romance ,no sense of the impossible no soul just horrible ,boring little people who enjoy spoiling things .

f**k me Stan you crack me up....if you want it in a nutshell...stan's the man..lol

• Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic