20 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Raccoons are breeding in Yorkshire it said in the local paper there was up to 500. Just in Yorkshire and by 2025 it will establish a good population. 

Very easy to find in comparison to a leopard, so let’s have a photo of a wild uk raccoon, not off google?? I did hear a report of one shot last year in the FOD it was raiding a chicken coup, came back a few times even had a little pop at the blokes terrier he just assumed it was a fox and give it the 12 gauge as it popped out the hutch ?

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

When I was in primary school, so the better part of a century ago now, we had a teacher. Mr O' Shea.

I can remember now, as clearly as if it was this morning. Two lads were having at each other, by the steps from the back of the kitchen. We didn't all gather round, chanting " Fight! Fight! Fight! ". That started in Secondary. We were just little kids. So, we more turned and looked on in sort of curiosity.

That's probably why I never noticed Mr O' Shea approaching. I don't think anyone did. He just sort of appeared there. In a blink. And, in that blink he smashed those two's fukking heads together with a resounding crack I've never forgotten to this day! That fukking stopped them!

Those were the days. Now we have This :(

? That did make me laugh,took me back to a teacher at our old school big evil ginger c**t Mr.Bishop if he caught 2 lads fighting he would drag you by the tie throat first into the school gym,put boxing gloves on you and say " right if either of you take a backward step in the next 3 minutes you,ll be in serious trouble ".....then a couple of his equally sadistic colleagues would stand watching us bash f**k out of each other !

To this day i dont know if it was a good or a bad " punishment " but it certainly taught lads from our way that you dont ever start trouble if you are not willing to go through with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I saw a raccoon in Northumberland walking down the side of the road when coming back from Scotland one night. I actually pulled over and it walked past my car not 3 feet away. The next evening it was on the North East news in someone's garden , apparently it had escaped from the local police wildlife officers place. ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

? That did make me laugh,took me back to a teacher at our old school big evil ginger c**t Mr.Bishop if he caught 2 lads fighting he would drag you by the tie throat first into the school gym,put boxing gloves on you and say " right if either of you take a backward step in the next 3 minutes you,ll be in serious trouble ".....then a couple of his equally sadistic colleagues would stand watching us bash f**k out of each other !

To this day i dont know if it was a good or a bad " punishment " but it certainly taught lads from our way that you dont ever start trouble if you are not willing to go through with it.

Same as that the boxing ring was up in the corner and if you got collared scrapping you had a blue or red kit and gloves stuck on you and made to fight it out, surprising how many would be crying and shit out when it come to a one on one ??

• Like 2

Im completely down the middle with it all....i was 80/20 against the idea of big cats in the Uk until i spent some time a few years ago with an old boy who was totally convinced....it was a very boring time of life so i was probably happy to listen to any old shit but over time he just made so much sense,i remembered the topics on here and got in touch with Greyman about it and he took the time to explain his findings and what he knew but never tried to convince me one way or the other and i respected that.....if im honest it was partly what prompted me to get a little countryside companion dog,a couple of trail cams and have a wander for myself.....i have no reason to be any more convinced than i ever was but its still something in the back of my mind while enjoying the outdoors....i cant see why folk have such issues with it all.

• Like 9
14 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Are the racoons being mentioned true "racoons" or "racoon dogs" ?

Racoon dogs have been classed as an invasive species in Europe.

Cheers.

Both mate, there are breeding groups of raccoons by all acounts but the dogs seem more solitary escapee types, the skunk population came about a few years back when they made it illegal to remove the musk glands I think, prior to that there was people walking them on leads at every country show I attended for a short while ?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That could easily be tampered with though. 

Yes I agree.but if they are tampered with then why on earth would people be spending hours in the field and spending money just to fake the DNA.its a bit pointless surely..

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, king said:

When can we see the documentary GM I'm interested in the lab DNA findings.as that is what you said is real proof 

I don’t know the date mate, also not sure if it’s going to be one of two or three, I went out a couple of weeks ago and did a bit of filming and the filmmaker said he has about two hours of footage which he may compress down or make a mini series ?? the lab work is based on tooth pit analysis as opposed to dna, we don’t have the facility,s to do dna, plus it’s costly and not really trusted, the tooth pit papers were under peer review last I heard but I,m assuming it’s all good as the filming has come to an end, generally I just walk in the countryside in areas of activity looking for things, the film stuff and the podcasts I have done are way out of my comfort zone and have just came about because I used to send a few of my findings off for confirmation or debunking to Rick and gradually I,ve just become more involved, plus I,d really like to help some of the old boys who have spent years doing this stuff the old fashioned way get it over the line ✌️Before people say dna is 100% have a watch of this video, go to 23 mins and watch a couple of minutes, same thing seems to happen here ?

32 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

If that's the ones I listened to they were interesting enough. However there was a person on the one i heard her and her husband were lucky enough to have multiple sightings in multiple different areas at different times just at random not out looking. What's the odds

Right time right place.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

And they would have been shot , Chucked in the freezer and sent to the taxidermist. The photo would have been shown to friends , with a word of warning “ don’t say f@ck all , big cats aren’t on my ticket “. 

Anyone with ALQ on their ticket can shoot  anything endangering life or livestock with immunity mate .Just been on the DSC1 course and asked the question .

• Like 2

I personally am a doubter ,but for some people it's not enough to doubt ,they have to stand on the sidelines and criticise and hate , because that's the way they are ,they are wrapped up in the sense of their own importance ,I feel sorry for them ,they have no dreams ,no romance ,no sense of the impossible no soul just horrible ,boring little people who enjoy spoiling things .

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic