Cool. Cheers. Question still remains though. I'd be genuinely interested to get ..... Hang a fukking bout!!!!! Llew!

I have a mate IN SA! Ex Pat. Gunned up to the teeth. Probably familiar with the bush then? He'd be just the man we need. IF the fukker's still alive!

I'll email him, right now. Ask if he has an opinion on the scents of leopards vs red foxes.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Cool. Cheers. Question still remains though. I'd be genuinely interested to get ..... Hang a fukking bout!!!!! Llew!

I have a mate IN SA! Ex Pat. Gunned up to the teeth. Probably familiar with the bush then? He'd be just the man we need. IF the fukker's still alive!

I'll email him, right now. Ask if he has an opinion on the scents of leopards vs red foxes.

They don't have Cougars in SA either. 

• Haha 1

Ok. Email sent:

" You Still Breathing?

Hope so. Because you could be just the man we need to clear up an internet conundrum.

Ever scented a leopard? Assuming you've had a whiff of red fox, back in blighty; How would you say they compare, please?

Thanks. I'll leave that subject there, to keep it as 'scientific' as we're able. "

Now, this guy's older than fukking dirt! I last heard from him back in April. We never know. But, hopefully, he'll still have a pulse.
  • Like 1

He Lives!!! :D

" Great to hear you're still hopping! Yeah, I'm still here - even though the f***ing government would rather I'm not! f**k 'em! I'm not going anywhere! ? 

Never actually smelt a leopard before, never been close enough thank f**k! I believe their marking urine smells a bit like buttered popcorn! Not a good idea to get within smelling distance of those buggers - highly antisocial! I'll send you a a vid of some rangers that captured one and got it highly pissed off! ? "

" Buttered Popcorn "??? Who the hell could have dreamed That one up?! But, it's Again, sadly, only something he's Heard. Hearsay doesn't float with the PACE act. Nor should it here.

So, already, we have " Metallic " and " Buttered Popcorn ".

Carry on :)
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

He Lives!!! :D

" Great to hear you're still hopping! Yeah, I'm still here - even though the f***ing government would rather I'm not! f**k 'em! I'm not going anywhere! ? 

Never actually smelt a leopard before, never been close enough thank f**k! I believe their marking urine smells a bit like buttered popcorn! Not a good idea to get within smelling distance of those buggers - highly antisocial! I'll send you a a vid of some rangers that captured one and got it highly pissed off! ? "

" Buttered Popcorn "??? Who the hell could have dreamed That one up?! But, it's Again, sadly, only something he's Heard. Hearsay doesn't float with the PACE act. Nor should it here.

So, already, we have " Metallic " and " Buttered Popcorn ".

Carry on :)

Is your pal named Google by any chance cos that's the first answer when looking for the answer to the scent of a Leopard? ?

So now it's popcorn or metal, I can see how easily those two would be mistaken. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 1

Sorry to bring this back to the top, but this is for .357 shooter and any one interested I,ve been up in Gloucester all day painting my daughters boat with her, so as I leave Bristol on the m5 I put the trip to 0 and crack on until exactly 5miles north and get my bearings on the right, so in exactly the same spot in the 1960s this happened, the blokes in the book still live in the same place and have told us of there encounter, so here it is in his book, same spot 60 years on, a very old cat or a descendant ? ?

37021B30-0F70-4842-B53F-E983EBF684D3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

@Greyman I'm getting my son a couple of camera traps.simple to use,good quality and tough.budget of £50ish each.any recommendations.?

I have a few of these, have been the best of all the budget ones I,ve tried  and not far off some of the more expensive ones ?

E5B1924B-7AB1-4123-8AE7-FAE3B831497C.png

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Its was a simple polite question,  re a statement you made, this police group that collect big cat bodies that you allude to, are they a special unit of just run of the mill bobbies?

Followed by why the hedge cutters who daily work along the verges of our A roads and motorways have maintained a wall of silence when one would expect them to be finding road kills to be a regular occurrence if we had a sizable population of big cats in the country. based on what happens in other countries.

"In Florida, it was shown that road mortality killed over 20% of all cougars (Florida panthers (Puma concolor)) (Land and Lotz 1996). Therefore, it seems likely that cougars are absent from areas of high road density because of the high probability of mortality in those areas"

[spoiler[ https://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol14/iss1/art21/#:~:text=In Florida%2C it was shown,of mortality in those areas.[/spoiler]

I feel your inability to answer is poorly hidden by your re direction to me personally, shame if you were to be more open to alternative views might gain a more balanced view of the subject.

PS have you gotten a problem with the wiki link I used, do you feel it is inaccurate?? I thought it was reasonably sound and based on current thought, perhaps you could point out the parts you take exception too.

Just to highlight your stupidity for you for one last time, the Florida panther was declared extinct by people like yourself that can’t be bothered to go out and look just like the Zanzibar leopard, well I get stuff sent me from all over and this was taken not long after extinction, if you don’t believe me that’s your choice but I,m not interested in being fed second hand info by people who think google and wikilepedia make them qualified here is a family of extinct eastern or Florida panthers for you, as I,ve said before find your own truth cross check everything and if your still not happy get off your arse and have a look, ?

530F2E39-CDDC-4E81-87B4-46AFD136CFB5.png

0DD3FDD1-47E6-48B3-A5B8-1DBF28611142.jpeg

When I was in primary school, so the better part of a century ago now, we had a teacher. Mr O' Shea.

I can remember now, as clearly as if it was this morning. Two lads were having at each other, by the steps from the back of the kitchen. We didn't all gather round, chanting " Fight! Fight! Fight! ". That started in Secondary. We were just little kids. So, we more turned and looked on in sort of curiosity.

That's probably why I never noticed Mr O' Shea approaching. I don't think anyone did. He just sort of appeared there. In a blink. And, in that blink he smashed those two's fukking heads together with a resounding crack I've never forgotten to this day! That fukking stopped them!

Those were the days. Now we have This :(

• Haha 1

Fair enough a honest reply fd I know for a fact a ocelot was shot by a keeper at night it was a pet I can name the keeper and location I also know a farmer who said he has seen a big cat twice I have no doubt to disbelieve him he's a honest lad with nothing to gain  the fact many were dumped I don't find it hard to believe there could be truth in it I am opened minded enough to think there could be but I have never seen one what I wouldn't do is constantly try to belittle someone who says they have seen one and spends hours and his own money trying to prove it open forum or not 

• Like 5
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic