• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Raccoons mate by all accounts up in bolsover 

Ahh.. nice that mate!!

Funnily enough... I've just been within a stones throw of Bolsover on the bike. 

Cut through Scarcliffe woods, that's a belting spot for a few of those critters..?

20200609_183511.jpg.6708287edc856276c28e6dc5aaf9f2f2.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Ahh.. nice that mate!!

Funnily enough... I've just been within a stones throw of Bolsover on the bike. 

Cut through Scarcliffe woods, that's a belting spot for a few of those critters..?

20200609_183511.jpg.6708287edc856276c28e6dc5aaf9f2f2.jpg

I'm in ducky pal 

• Like 1
On 13/06/2020 at 00:03, South hams hunter said:

Another story with more holes than Swiss cheese. Like many, On the fence, with reguards the existence of wild "Big" cats in the UK, but story's like this really *iss me off. 

22 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Another story with more holes than Swiss cheese. Like many, On the fence, with reguards the existence of wild "Big" cats in the UK, but story's like this really *iss me off. 

Think the problem is you are analysing the people that make the reports and then the added spin put on by the papers were as all I,m interested in is the geographical location of the sighting and within a few miles radius of this sighting have had two or three more that don’t make the paper plus a deer carcass eaten out in classic fashion, so for me it will tick several more box’s than the more casual observer, the Cotswolds has many spring and early summer sightings year on year, and has done for as many years as I can remember in the 60/70 it was a bolt hole for the rich and famous much like it is today only back then they were all allowed to own a pet puma or black leopard and it was equally legal to let them go, which several people have admitted to doing, so you have a large remote area, with lots of inaccessible wild areas not walked on by the general public, people that did own cats as pets and a spring time wave of sightings every year at the same time in the same area, so my conclusion is the Cotswolds has a small breeding population of leopard size cats as all the original escapees/releases  will be long dead by now, I can also plot routes that cats have spread out and set up new territory’s from the Cotswolds just by the lines of sightings moving away from the area, don’t give up mate the truth will out one day ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 15/06/2020 at 21:05, Qbgrey said:

Guy working nights reckons he saw a cougar or mountain lion.check kentonline ashford, or maidstone.seems pretty certain what he saw.

Didn’t see that mate sorry, Ashford is another hotspot for sightings, think this was on a golf course near there last year ?

52648D3B-EA2E-47A3-826A-EC00B2596D5C.jpeg

FABC8D3B-CB31-4EF1-9C99-1948AEDF063B.jpeg

I no a few of you on here have got yourselves trail cams, if you want to learn anything David is the best there is, I have gained loads from him that would have taken me years on my own, he’s been cameratrapping the rockies for something like 25 years 5 nights a week check him out on Vimeo, ??

On 22/06/2020 at 18:21, Greyman said:

Didn’t see that mate sorry, Ashford is another hotspot for sightings, think this was on a golf course near there last year ?

52648D3B-EA2E-47A3-826A-EC00B2596D5C.jpeg

FABC8D3B-CB31-4EF1-9C99-1948AEDF063B.jpeg

Dog that mate you can see the claws 

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic