Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

Pictures on that article are actually some of the most convincing. Not saying they are 100% but the 98 and 94 pictures seem alot better than that if today even with the gap in technology 

The probability is that back then those cats were still not fully wild having spent a lot of there lives in captivity so tended to make more mistakes and if you were lucky enough to have a camera handy, bingo, anything seen in the wild today was probably born there and acts more elusively ✌️✌️

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

The 98 picture looks a bit like a greyhound bit the 94 one I'm stumped as somebody who doesnt fully believe cant say what that is ither than a cat. U looked into the 94 sighting? Reckon its a released pet?

I think that it was made illegal to own them in 76 but only became illegal to release them around 83 so there is a possibility that it was brought in as a pet and had spent time in the wild, this picture has been doing the rounds for years and still gets used in national news papers today it looks pretty good until you enlarge it and see the bits of wood on the floor that give it the appearance of a long tail and longer front legs it’s more likely to be a Fox with mange, so even a goodish picture ain’t always what it seems ??

EAC9C24E-D3DD-4E1D-B4DD-4DC0A51356B6.jpeg

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

There are lots of hares an pheasants 

well there was I bet they will disappear soon well done lady and the paper ????

The thing with cats is they keep moving so never over feed an area, it’s why they should never be taken out of the ecosystem as grazing animals will just over populate and end up over grazing and starving but with an apex predator like a cat it keeps everything moving and thins out the weak on its travels ✌️✌️?

4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The thing with cats is they keep moving so never over feed an area, it’s why they should never be taken out of the ecosystem as grazing animals will just over populate and end up over grazing and starving but with an apex predator like a cat it keeps everything moving and thins out the weak on its travels ✌️✌️?

Point I was making was that the paper quoted the lady with location and that there was plenty of hares won’t be long before the day walkers find out ?

• Like 1

Couple from just before Christmas from were it all began on Bodmin moor,  so either the beast of Bodmin is now getting to around 50 years old or we have to accept it has bred successfully and the offspring are doing ok and naturalising,  both these would probably just be accepted as cat kills if they were found in India or the USA just from the one bite strangle marks on the first victim and the fact the stomach content of the second one has been moved to one side to allow the other organs that are rich in what a cat needs to be consumed, the first sheep was not consumed as I believe the animal was probably disturbed by the farmer as he came to check his sheep, ???

8521D7C5-1F69-4BD7-A384-F6F7A42CA7B9.jpeg

1BC2DD43-3459-4BB7-A9FE-94BE79269573.jpeg

C3B32104-B2A6-4C2E-AE1E-B4E9629A5796.jpeg

EF3D0FD5-5005-4ED6-8A06-4CB11D9698B9.jpeg

• Like 8
  • 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Been a while so here’s one I had sent me this morning from Scotland,  ??

53629191-0194-4C62-9865-702CC3631634.jpeg

looks like its been put there mate by somebody imo how would the leopard eat its prey in the position that its in.

im a believer by the way ?ive seen one back in 1998?

Remember the wolf that was photographed in the west of France a couple of months back? Well, now it or another has been spotted and verified about 200km away in the Vienne Department.

9 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Is there ever sightings over there mate?

Never herad of any to honest. Never seen anything pop up in the local news. If there was they would have no shortage of food with the amount of deer about the place.

Atb j. 

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic