• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, sandymere said:

Sandy it’s clear to see why you are so easily lead in forming your opinions, the heading and title of the link you have included comes from a site called scepticblog as such you would expect it to be bias in one direction as it is, it’s also full of flaws and fibs, as an example were they say they can’t afford to waste money on dna testing, well that for a start is a lie, we pay for our own dna testing as would anybody else no one else in the world can just turn up and expect labs to do dna testing for free, the site is as bias against the subject as the Ketchum person was bias toward proving it, when you are looking at subjects like this you have to accept you have a natural bias and do everything in your power to remain neutral, we probably dismiss far more of the pictures that appear in the papers than any average joe public, also having a knowledge on a subject just makes it easier to spot bullshit and fakery, I,m not in any position myself to find out if Bigfoot is real or not so I don’t bother trying to prove or disprove it, but if I was anywhere near the rockies I would certainly have a good look and form my own opinion based on what I found and not what I was told and that’s were I am with the cats I need the knowledge for myself I am happy to share it but not desperate to prove it ✌️✌️✌️

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Greyman said:

as an example were they say they can’t afford to waste money on dna testing, well that for a start is a lie, we pay for our own dna testing as would anybody else no one else in the world can just turn up and expect labs to do dna testing for free

If this is the statement you are referring to can you explain how it is a lie? " Most competent DNA labs are busy with real science, and don’t have the time or money to waste on side trips into pseudoscience, which their grants are not paying for." ????

Re the site.  Being sceptical is about using critical thinking, about having an open mind but not so open ones brain falls out, and I see this as a positive trait. For some alas their brains have already fallen……the more people invest in advocating and or prompting their belief in these subjects then the lesser chance they will be able to change their opinion, that is just human nature and for some…...

“For these people, Bigfoot

insert aliens, big cats etc as reqd.

is a religion. It’s their community, their worldview, the entire reason for existence in extreme cases. Such a deeply held belief system will never be budged by hard evidence, so matter how conclusive it is. And so the cycle just keeps on repeating: cryptozoologists doing “sham science”; scientists rejecting their work as incompetent; and cryptozoologists retreating to blaming scientists for “bias”, rather than stepping up their game and trying to do the job right.”

The reason it’s a lie is because they are paid  to do the work regardless of wether they are looking for a mass murderers  DNA on a fag butt for the police or trying to find the scent of bigfoots dick on a leaf for the local weirdo, you pay for the labs time and facility’s, plod pays the same as I pay plus as I pointed out why on earth would you go to sceptics blog if you were,not looking for a negative outcome, it’s like reading a murder mystery story titled the butler did it, then getting to the end only to be surprised that the butler actually did it, finally as I,ve tried to point out to you on many occasions I,m only interested in the truth fakery is far more easy and with a world full of gullible people ? out there pretty easy to sell, do your own research and stop believing everything you see in print, I don’t live anywhere they claim to have bigfoots cannot prove or disprove the existence of bigfoots so just don’t get involved but good luck to those that do if it gets them out the house looking it’s a positive thing far more so than sitting at home on a pc just slagging off anything you don’t believe or agree with,  here is a typical example for you in pictures, one is the original hoax story on face ache, two is the picture after having it enhanced, alarm bells will now start ringing because it is a spotty leopard as opposed to a black one, and 3 is a very kindly member from this forum who lives in the area( as you do ) that could be bothered to walk up there and hold up his compass to show the sun is actually rising and not setting so the story along with the photo = bull?, I get the impression you may be one of those people with academic intelligence but without the ability to look outside your very blinkered world, ITS NOT ALWAYS TRUE BECAUSE ITS ON WIKIPEDIA,  I could be a million miles off the mark but I don’t think so and am willing to give up my own time and very limited funds to find my own truth, think you would probably do better trying to find yours than trying to look clever quoting the latest bit of bullshit you,ve stumbled across on the web, I.ve said to many others on here and am willing to extend the offer to you, if you have a real interest and would like to attend the university with me were you can ask the more intellectual people involved any questions you may have including on the issues of dna testing or tooth pit analysis please just let me no and I will really take you along to meet really real people who are far more qualified to give you the answers you require than myself,plus they won’t swear and call you a dick like I do ✌️

68810A93-28A9-4485-88F7-7DCAC1D0354A.jpeg

935BE8B7-5DA7-4297-8E9C-7D532AC0E98F.png

9DC4E930-22AD-4122-B361-DCE0A69F0668.png

• Like 4
On 16/09/2019 at 17:07, Greyman said:

The reason it’s a lie is because they are paid  to do the work regardless of wether they are looking for a mass murderers  DNA on a fag butt for the police or trying to find the scent of bigfoots dick on a leaf for the local weirdo, you pay for the labs time and facility’s, plod pays the same as I pay plus as I pointed out why on earth would you go to sceptics blog if you were,not looking for a negative outcome, it’s like reading a murder mystery story titled the butler did it, then getting to the end only to be surprised that the butler actually did it, finally as I,ve tried to point out to you on many occasions I,m only interested in the truth fakery is far more easy and with a world full of gullible people ? out there pretty easy to sell, do your own research and stop believing everything you see in print, I don’t live anywhere they claim to have bigfoots cannot prove or disprove the existence of bigfoots so just don’t get involved but good luck to those that do if it gets them out the house looking it’s a positive thing far more so than sitting at home on a pc just slagging off anything you don’t believe or agree with,  here is a typical example for you in pictures, one is the original hoax story on face ache, two is the picture after having it enhanced, alarm bells will now start ringing because it is a spotty leopard as opposed to a black one, and 3 is a very kindly member from this forum who lives in the area( as you do ) that could be bothered to walk up there and hold up his compass to show the sun is actually rising and not setting so the story along with the photo = bull?, I get the impression you may be one of those people with academic intelligence but without the ability to look outside your very blinkered world, ITS NOT ALWAYS TRUE BECAUSE ITS ON WIKIPEDIA,  I could be a million miles off the mark but I don’t think so and am willing to give up my own time and very limited funds to find my own truth, think you would probably do better trying to find yours than trying to look clever quoting the latest bit of bullshit you,ve stumbled across on the web, I.ve said to many others on here and am willing to extend the offer to you, if you have a real interest and would like to attend the university with me were you can ask the more intellectual people involved any questions you may have including on the issues of dna testing or tooth pit analysis please just let me no and I will really take you along to meet really real people who are far more qualified to give you the answers you require than myself,plus they won’t swear and call you a dick like I do ✌️

68810A93-28A9-4485-88F7-7DCAC1D0354A.jpeg

935BE8B7-5DA7-4297-8E9C-7D532AC0E98F.png

9DC4E930-22AD-4122-B361-DCE0A69F0668.png

Interesting picture but the cat doesn't sit right in the landscape so my guess is a fake but better than many. For all its supposed wildness Dartmoor is a populace place, Haytor especially so, was up there not long ago pond dipping with the kids,  so that even in its most wild areas it is well studied and a population of big cats would be as well-known as are the last few breeding ring ouzels etc. Plus 200 years of military training??

Alas the reality is that with modern night vision, camera traps and the encroachment of people the validity of large predators roaming the British countryside is facing the same fate as that of the Lochness monster. Just look at a place like

http://www.rarebirdalert.co.uk/realdata/newsmaplite.asp

To see that anything out of the unusual is seen, reported and photographed, thousands of twitchers eyes watching wildlife reserves across the country can find an American golden plover and get a decent photo but never see a big cat??

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t know if this has been posted but I jus had it sent to me off fb, that’s some pic ain’t it205F1545-5C8E-4DE8-A4FE-CBF0386D2180.jpeg.843e941e0dcb921dac65d19292d4774b.jpeg

When I first looked at it i thought that was a mussie in a burka knelt in front of the deer holding some veg 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, sandymere said:

Interesting picture but the cat doesn't sit right in the landscape so my guess is a fake but better than many. For all its supposed wildness Dartmoor is a populace place, Haytor especially so, was up there not long ago pond dipping with the kids,  so that even in its most wild areas it is well studied and a population of big cats would be as well-known as are the last few breeding ring ouzels etc. Plus 200 years of military training??

Alas the reality is that with modern night vision, camera traps and the encroachment of people the validity of large predators roaming the British countryside is facing the same fate as that of the Lochness monster. Just look at a place like

http://www.rarebirdalert.co.uk/realdata/newsmaplite.asp

To see that anything out of the unusual is seen, reported and photographed, thousands of twitchers eyes watching wildlife reserves across the country can find an American golden plover and get a decent photo but never see a big cat??

You start by coming to the conclusion the photo is fake after I put it up as an example of a fake ???then it’s a no to going and speaking with people who can show you how wrong you are, a comparison to ring ouzels and another meaningless link, I,ve tried but think it easier to just ignore. You just put a comparison to the lock ness monster, really shows the limits you are working with good luck in what ever your into you,ll be needing it 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Jobi said:

Trouble is that's in France. ?

And in a town, not out in Dartmoor or some remote location. What it does show is that there appears to be people keeping these animals without permission over here and by default, probably in the UK and other countries.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Nicepix said:

I taught I taw a putty tat................

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49753154

Looks like a genuine sighting for once.

Sadly it’s probably not, we have an ongoing situation in Spain, a landowner has seen a black cat his dustbin has been ripped to shreds etc but the cat was dumped about 18 months ago in a remote area and has just hung around scavenging there behaviour will show you if they are truly wild or pet releases etc it helps keep the gene pool topped up if they don’t get killed or captured though ??

9 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

And in a town, not out in Dartmoor or some remote location. What it does show is that there appears to be people keeping these animals without permission over here and by default, probably in the UK and other countries.

Think the laws here are a bit tighter but I did here around a dozen get seized a year being smuggled in, which beggars the question how many get through, ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Sadly it’s probably not, we have an ongoing situation in Spain, a landowner has seen a black cat his dustbin has been ripped to shreds etc but the cat was dumped about 18 months ago in a remote area and has just hung around scavenging there behaviour will show you if they are truly wild or pet releases etc it helps keep the gene pool topped up if they don’t get killed or captured though ??

You are aware that they caught it and have identified it as a young panther.

" The animal, weighing about 20kg (45lb), is about five or six months old and the size of a small Labrador dog, Kader Laghouati from the Animal Protection League organisation in Lille told La Voix du Nord newspaper. "

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic