Hypothetically, and I mean hypothetically, if it was discovered that a large cat of some description was discovered, what do you think would happen to it?

Hunted down and shot? or captured and put into a cage? not that I believe that the scenario will ever arise now, but would love to see the public reaction if a one turned up and what the outcome would be.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, delswal said:

Hypothetically, and I mean hypothetically, if it was discovered that a large cat of some description was discovered, what do you think would happen to it?

Hunted down and shot? or captured and put into a cage? not that I believe that the scenario will ever arise now, but would love to see the public reaction if a one turned up and what the outcome would be.

Probably get a load of dead do gooder who go any try and pet it 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Smartphones have killed the Loch Ness Monster, zoologist tells festival

The advent of smartphones proves that the Loch Ness Monster is a myth, a leading scientist has claimed.

The ubiquity of camera-enabled devices means the creature would have been photographed by now if it existed, according to palaeontologist Dr Darren Naish.

However, the University of Southampton expert on cryptozoology - the pseudoscience of mythical creatures - said the last few years had seen a record low of reported sightings.

The same goes for other “cryptids”, such as the Himalayan Yeti, the Australian Bunyip and American’s Bigfoot.

“Everybody has good phones,” said Dr Naish. “You really would think they'd be more and better photos, but the only things that ever have ever appeared are terribly low resolution little blobs in the distance.

“I would say that the fact that we haven't got any of the evidence that we should have by now - alarm bells are ringing.

“It's all speaking towards the fact that this is a cultural event, a belief system.”

As sales of camera-equipped phones have soared, there have been droughts of several years with no new Nessie pictures, he said.

Those that have emerged are unconvincing. Cryptozoologists have taken to calling them "blobsquatch pictures”.

The name is a play on “Sasquatch” meant to convey how the purported monster invariably appears as a tiny, indistinct blur.

Most scientists argue it is unlikely that a creature such as Nessie - which purportedly resembles a cold-blooded reptile - could survive in the cold Scottish waters.

They also say the 22-tonne stock of fish in the loch would not be sufficient to sustain a population of giant plesiosaurs.

Sceptics further argue that if such a creature did or had existed, the bones of its ancestors would have been detected by now.

In 2003 the BBC took part in a large search for the monster, including the use of 600 sonar devices, but nothing was detected.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/smartphones-have-killed-the-loch-ness-monster-zoologist-tells-festival/ar-AACrNsz?ocid=spartanntp

The picture was taken  a couple of years after scientists had claimed they were extinct, watched a program this week were a guy got pictures of a Sumatran leopard 20 years after it was also declared extinct, another cat species was discovered in Chernobyl recently after being declared extinct for 90 years really sorry to born as he is clearly an exception to the rule but science can be a little bit lazy and when anything is in tiny pockets or very low numbers it’s easier to declare it extinct than get out there and look, don’t have any factual knowledge about bigfoots,Nessie or any of the other things so I can’t make any educated comments, but I have just listed 3 cat species that have all been seen and filmed since being declared extinct ??

1BB2E32B-1764-4F63-9D2A-43CD62DA09AB.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

I’d put the blokes name down on the not long for this world thread

If it’s the bloke I had an email about last week wants to keep two lions and a puma, I’d suggest the puma may be the first on socks rip list as the only thing they have in common is the word lion ? 

Here s a good old film from when it started, the reason they were seen so much was they were pets same reason they took the easy meals like sheep and attempted to grab things like cows, now they have naturalised they eat natural food like deer and avoid human contact,  ?

• Like 3

My main problem with using any kind of attractors for me is I,m still a bit of a poacher at heart and my cameras are generally in places I should not be, train lines landfill sites a zoo and even a few behind the motorway crash barriers so attracting attention is not on the agenda for me though most other people who do what I do go about it in a much more orthodox way and wait to be invited onto land so yes that kind of thing would be more doable in those circumstances, many wildlife people use a certain perfume (Kevin clean ) as an attractor for cats and it’s meant to work well ??

• Like 1

Kevin Clean does that signal eat me or shag me greyman ?

My birthday today the Mrs got me a trailcam looks like expensive kit to leave laying around. Like you I spend most my time this time of year wondering around land that hasn't been touched in 50year and I'm certain only I visit it.

Lots of animal trails criss cross it so if I get any moggie related stuff you will be the first to know mate.?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic