• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

At first glance, I thought it was a subaru  parked up, with a posse of bull cross yahoos about to get out and slip their dogs on it, but on closer inspection, couldn't see any occupants ?

I no Peugeot probably have there own stunt lion but for the rest of us things ain’t that simple, just checked a camera and within a few days of setting it a branch full of leaves has sprung up and given me 600 plus short videos to go through without a single animal, easy to see why so many just end up chucked in the drawer with flat battery,s

6DBB1659-67B0-489F-8205-6E0DFF056BEB.jpeg

AE1ED81C-E556-41DD-8FAA-C2435B36A743.jpeg

I get to see a few more pics each year mate sadly not the 100  Percenter im after but still enough, a few footprints and the odd carcass (of prey), I,m still trying to work out the movements of certain animals I,m aware of, they seem to move around a large area over a period of about a year, so if you miss them in an area you have probably got to wait another year for it to return, one spot I go to always throws up a good carcass or some footprints in the last two weeks of november first two in December and then nothing for a year, it’s a long slow process but the answer is to have the cameras in an area before the animal arrives if that makes sense, one lad I no has caught what I assume is the same cat three times on the same camera at the same time of year in the same spot, so it’s about working out the cycle without the advantages of being able to trap or track them tranquillise them and fit a collar, luckily a lot of the work done by the mountain lion groups in the states has shown habits that seem to translate over here, would also say that when I go to the uni and talk with professors and other professional people who are 100 percent onboard  then how can I an uneducated man doubt them, but my strongest motivation is simply that I saw one stalking along a hedge line in Dorset 4 years ago and I saw my dogs reaction to it, like others I had heard about it for years and had lots of mates in the 80s90s that saw them and even a few that slipped dogs on them but it was September 2015 that I saw one myself, and as my digging coursing days were well behind me. Thought why not and the cameras teach me far more about all wildlife than I ever  imagined possible so I,m winning even when I,m failing mate ✌️✌️

• Like 9

I saw this today on a London housing estate ? bold as brass, sitting there, didn't even move when I took the pic, the holy grail, proof that big cats (of a sort) do indeed exist in the UK. 

IMG_20190524_104452.jpg

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Went to a farm last night an they had a half Maine coon cat, fcuker was as tall as a collie?

I know an American woman in west-London with one,its name is spanky ? its huge,if it wandered the streets would be very easy to mistake it for something more exotic and non-indigenous.

• Like 1

last night 3am as I was pulling into my ground there is a gate that goes into farmland opposite a black beast cleared the gate and into the darkness at first I thought it Was my black dog but she was all tucked up this was a big athletic animal I can’t say for sure that it Was but cleared the gate with ease 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mackem said:

This is the sort of trail-cam pic we would like to see of a british big cat,stunning shot.

Wildlife-Photographer-of-the-Year-03-2019-hp.jpg

If you paint the tiger black you will see another problem I have a few pics in similar circumstances but of a black cat walking the other way, clearly visible what it is but easily dismissed if you don’t want to believe, but yes a daytime sideways or face on pic would be great ??

18 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

last night 3am as I was pulling into my ground there is a gate that goes into farmland opposite a black beast cleared the gate and into the darkness at first I thought it Was my black dog but she was all tucked up this was a big athletic animal I can’t say for sure that it Was but cleared the gate with ease 

There will be one or two that would have expected you to get a camera out and take a puuurfect picture in that brief instance, but in truth mate that is usually the amount of time give or take that people have to react to these things what area you in at the moment mate ✌️

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Greyman said:

I have a few pics in similar circumstances but of a black cat walking the other way, clearly visible what it is but easily dismissed if you don’t want to believe,

Put them up,if they are that clear theres no mistaking a leopard or large black felide whether its walking towards the camera or away from it.

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic