• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

I think this is about the best topic on this forum,unless you are one of these bods that thinks they have nothing to learn and know everything about the countryside i dont see why anyone would have a problem with what Greyman gets up to i think its a smashing little worthwhile hobby he has and if he,s willing to share his findings then thats a result for anyone with a genuine interest in the countryside surely.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Greyman said:

Prick

On 13/05/2019 at 17:22, Greyman said:

They do but I can’t be arsed to explain to you. 

So when asked difficult questions your only reply is to insult. ?

No road kills. A major cause of death in counties that have big cats. 

No genetic evidence. Lots of pics of supposed prey but no genetic trace found on them. 

No shite. Cats shit pretty regularly and it's pretty noticeable, even when buried, all these supposed hang outs but they never defecate. 

No pictures, trail cams are pretty ubiquitous these days and picture quality is improving all the time but never a big cat. 

None flushed by shoots, hound packs.

Never spotted on national nature reserves, over 94 thousand hectares of them in the UK, often closely monitored by wildlife watchers. You go on a reserve you'll see a list of species seen that day but I've never seen leapard on a list. 

I could go on. 

You see I don't need to insult you?

• Like 2
On 23/06/2017 at 07:33, Welsh_red said:

st-albans-big-ca-986007.jpg

On 23/06/2017 at 07:54, walshie said:

Just looks like a regular cat to me.

On 23/06/2017 at 08:16, walshie said:

Should someone who mistakes that for a big cat when it's 10ft in front of his car be allowed to drive?

? .............. ?

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, sandymere said:

So when asked difficult questions your only reply is to insult. ?

No road kills. A major cause of death in counties that have big cats. 

No genetic evidence. Lots of pics of supposed prey but no genetic trace found on them. 

No shite. Cats shit pretty regularly and it's pretty noticeable, even when buried, all these supposed hang outs but they never defecate. 

No pictures, trail cams are pretty ubiquitous these days and picture quality is improving all the time but never a big cat. 

Never spotted on national nature reserves, over 94 thousand hectares of them in the UK, often closely monitored by wildlife watchers. You go on a reserve you'll see a list of species seen that day but I've never seen leapard on a list. 

I could go on. 

You see I don't need to insult you?

be a shame if this thread was blocked like poor collie johns 1....Is it that hard to accept that someone has a different opinion too  you or I???having taken the the time to go meet G.M and what I believe to be credible witnesses in their 70's....who worked/farmed the land all their lives....I think they are far from loonies?lots of credable people have seen what they believe to be a big cats...but don't speak up because they will be ridiculed.....this thread is a perfect example.....lots ready to just rubbish the thought,because they haven't had a sighting themselves....

let folk do as they please....it don't affect you,then get over it.....don't hate the player....hate the game as they say?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

be a shame if this thread was blocked like poor collie johns 1....Is it that hard to accept that someone has a different opinion too  you or I???having taken the the time to go meet G.M and what I believe to be credible witnesses in their 70's....who worked/farmed the land all their lives....I think they are far from loonies?lots of credable people have seen what they believe to be a big cats...but don't speak up because they will be ridiculed.....this thread is a perfect example.....lots ready to just rubbish the thought,because they haven't had a sighting themselves....

let folk do as they please....it don't affect you,then get over it.....don't hate the player....hate the game as they say?

Which is exactly why I discussed the topic. I've never spotted a Scottish wildcat but don't discount their existence so certainly not a matter of whether one has spotted one rather that there is 185 pages on this topic but no credible evidence. What we see and what is there is often at varience, 

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/rspca-called-out-tiger-cramped-2856439

http://www.loch-ness.com/eyewitnesses.html

So a claim to have seen one has little standing unfortunately but... 

As I've stated if they existed there would be physical evidence. 

The discussion of a subject is the point of a forum, bringing balance. Calling someone childish names? Each to their own. 

I don't offer opinion but look for evidence ?

So this is neither personal, insulting or based on opinion. 

No road kills. A major cause of death in counties that have big cats. 

No genetic evidence. Lots of pics of supposed prey but no genetic trace found on them. 

No shite. Cats shit pretty regularly and it's pretty noticeable, even when buried, all these supposed hang outs but they never defecate. 

No pictures, trail cams are pretty ubiquitous these days and picture quality is improving all the time but never a big cat. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Thanks 1

the op has offered to show anyone who makes the effort to meet up,to see the evidence that he has collected ....has he not?because he's not prepared to put it on an open forum, he's full of shit?

can't have it both ways lol.

some off you on here thrive at the thought of belittling folks for a few imaginary pats oñ the back off some user names you will never get off your arses to meet?

sad if you think about it eh?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

It's an area for discussing things. As far as I can see the fella sandymere has given his points and just because it doesn't fit the narrative of the op he's been called a prick. 

All his points are valid and imo need addressing 

Sandymeres a woman mate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Which is exactly why I discussed the topic. I've never spotted a Scottish wildcat but don't discount their existence so certainly not a matter of whether one has spotted one rather that there is 185 pages on this topic but no credible evidence. What we see and what is there is often at varience, 

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/rspca-called-out-tiger-cramped-2856439

http://www.loch-ness.com/eyewitnesses.html

So a claim to have seen one has little standing unfortunately but... 

As I've stated if they existed there would be physical evidence. 

The discussion of a subject is the point of a forum, bringing balance. Calling someone childish names? Each to their own. 

I don't offer opinion but look for evidence ?

So this is neither personal, insulting or based on opinion. 

No road kills. A major cause of death in counties that have big cats. 

No genetic evidence. Lots of pics of supposed prey but no genetic trace found on them. 

No shite. Cats shit pretty regularly and it's pretty noticeable, even when buried, all these supposed hang outs but they never defecate. 

No pictures, trail cams are pretty ubiquitous these days and picture quality is improving all the time but never a big cat. 

Everything you say is nonsense your a total tool even the things you have put up here have all been covered so you either have not read the thread or can’t take in and compute what’s already been said    1. we have pics of road kills but body’s,s get removed rather quickly for obvious reason 2 by genetic evidence I assume you mean dna, I have already said there is positive leopard dna but we only get results from foreign labs as no British lab will admit 3 very easy we find scat often as has been said there are at least 5 maybe 6 Chrystal clear pictures in peoples processions who won’t share though I have seen a couple and in truth it’s probably only the last couple of years that trail cams have been affordable and of a reasonable quality, I speak with several hunts that do flush them one quite regularly but they don’t want pricks running round so they keep quiet the last query is as ridicules as you are now here’s a Scottish wildcat and a turd so come back when you have something to say that has not been said before 

416BF368-B493-4853-BBAC-F48A7BE1F2FB.jpeg

65FE2CD7-D798-473A-BF36-5343882E752C.jpeg

6 hours ago, Rabid said:

I’ve already posted the pictures, and you obviously can’t remember but I got in touch with you at the time about it as well.

it wasn’t corvids or badger, it was fox every time.

There had been a cat sighting less than half a mile away and I was hoping it was a cat, hence the cameras went out

Also it was not over a day or two, it was in one night, and it happened on quite a few occasions, not once, or every now and again, it was two or three times a week.

heres a couple I can lay my hands on instantly, will look later see if I can find some better ones

99ABC3CD-1955-45F4-84AB-861D592AB609.jpeg

9990723C-00AA-4AC1-9BD5-A5CB286E5F1D.jpeg

B1523D05-AC45-438B-A29F-0E02588172B7.jpeg

When you threw that Fox pic in some time ago I instantly told you it was not a cat kill nothing like one far to messy in fact I keep it in my album as an example of a false claim, so I will assume for the time being that you were lying when you claimed you had trail cam footage of Fox,s and badger hollowing out a deer or sheep in the same way as the pictures I have put up, and on that note I really must go, me and all my shite pics will be at the fishing comp if any of you want to come along and have a rummage through, no charge I might even buy you a beer 

6 hours ago, sandymere said:
  • Like 6

Yes you did say instantly it was not a cat, and that’s my point, it was done by foxes, yet it was hollowed out and the intestines pulled to one side, just like how you said “big cats” do it, my point been (back to my original post) that it’s bollox that if you see a carcass, guts pulled aside and eaten in one night it’s “big cats” and in fact foxes do exactly the same thing.

And you can assume wtf you like, I never once said it was a badger, I said I had trail cam footage showing foxes doing it.Try reading the f***ing posts properly,  I also said when I get a minute I will find some better ones instead of getting all arsey and defensive, I’ve not once called you a liar or crackpot, in fact quite the opposite, I said I believed it could be true they live here, but your arsehole attitude (considering I have or at least had trail cam footage showing foxes do it)and lack of anything from you to show otherwise................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Everything you say is nonsense your a total tool even the things you have put up here have all been covered so you either have not read the thread or can’t take in and compute what’s already been said    1. we have pics of road kills but body’s,s get removed rather quickly for obvious reason 2 by genetic evidence I assume you mean dna, I have already said there is positive leopard dna but we only get results from foreign labs as no British lab will admit 3 very easy we find scat often as has been said there are at least 5 maybe 6 Chrystal clear pictures in peoples processions who won’t share though I have seen a couple and in truth it’s probably only the last couple of years that trail cams have been affordable and of a reasonable quality, I speak with several hunts that do flush them one quite regularly but they don’t want pricks running round so they keep quiet the last query is as ridicules as you are now here’s a Scottish wildcat and a turd so come back when you have something to say that has not been said before 

FFS just what is the big secret?

"We have Evidence, we have pictures and DNA and road kill but we can't show you for obvious reasons, no labs in the UK will admit it, so you will just have to believe me, and if you don't you're a prick!" :hmm:

So, its a national conspiracy to keep the truth from the public.  WHY?

Is it any wonder there is more than a degree of scepticism?

• Haha 1

Saw one early 80's, between Ongar and Epping.

As stated earlier in the post

Black about 23" = 25" 

Believe what you won't, but we just stood there not quite believing what we was watching, until it disappeared into the forest, probably about 10 seconds at most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

I have already said there is positive leopard dna but we only get results from foreign labs as no British lab will admit 

Durham university never replied to my e-mail asking which department had authenticated leopard DNA samples for the cryptozoology society.

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic