2 hours ago, Deker said:

Your comments are bang out of order, show me some evidence, stop hiding behind ridiculous posts or comments, just what is the secret all about.

I'm out all over the country all the time and have been for nearly 50 years, I also have guys that work for me in many other parts of the country, and I know large numbers of people in the pest control and gamekeeper business nationwide, that amounts to being out far more than you.

EVIDENCE is required, not opinion or suggestion or stupid pictures of domestic cats or deer eaten by fox etc.

Seems some of us have far more experience than others and know far more how nature/the country side works than others.

Breeding population of 250, get real!

Kindly note I have never said never, you are out of order, and just what is my attitude, :laugh:, so nobody will show me any proof because of my attitude and you can't put stuff up here! :laugh::laugh::laugh:?

Produce a BIG CAT carcase and get in touch, I will gladly meet you and see: I don't have an attitude, although in your case I'm thinking about developing one!.

Meow

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Deker said:

Your comments are bang out of order, show me some evidence, stop hiding behind ridiculous posts or comments, just what is the secret all about.

I'm out all over the country all the time and have been for nearly 50 years, I also have guys that work for me in many other parts of the country, and I know large numbers of people in the pest control and gamekeeper business nationwide, that amounts to being out far more than you.

EVIDENCE is required, not opinion or suggestion or stupid pictures of domestic cats or deer eaten by fox etc.

Seems some of us have far more experience than others and know far more how nature/the country side works than others.

Breeding population of 250, get real!

Kindly note I have never said never, you are out of order, and just what is my attitude, :laugh:, so nobody will show me any proof because of my attitude and you can't put stuff up here! :laugh::laugh::laugh:?

Produce a BIG CAT carcase and get in touch, I will gladly meet you and see: I don't have an attitude, although in your case I'm thinking about developing one!.

If your all over the country it would take even less effort to pop in, ???

11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I sometimes think you are digging a huge hole greyman by admitting to know and rate these  “experts”.

If I were you I’d go it alone as you seem far sainer than most of the mentors you deal with .

Just an honest opinion mate and not meant to offend .

To a degree I am doing my own thing, but by joining with other people it gives me access to laboratory,s vets, dna, and much more stuff, if you went to a meeting held by Rick minter you would realise he is not a nut job but a government advisor on many wildlife issues, qualified biologist and all round decent bloke who has also been bitten after a chance sighting, Rick does talks and slide shows all round England and has done more to get the subject recognised than anyone else and as I said talking to any paper is also a massive risk as you have no say in how they interpret what you have said, a bit like on here ✌️✌️✌️

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

To a degree I am doing my own thing, but by joining with other people it gives me access to laboratory,s vets, dna, and much more stuff, if you went to a meeting held by Rick minter you would realise he is not a nut job but a government advisor on many wildlife issues, qualified biologist and all round decent bloke who has also been bitten after a chance sighting, Rick does talks and slide shows all round England and has done more to get the subject recognised than anyone else and as I said talking to any paper is also a massive risk as you have no say in how they interpret what you have said, a bit like on here ✌️✌️✌️

Would you class the more publicised big cat expert Jonathan McGowan in the same league as rick minter mate?

38 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If your all over the country it would take even less effort to pop in, ???

It would take even less effort for you to post the amazing evidence you have here!

7 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Any chance of the above  greyman? Even one piece that would make doubters scratch their heads ?

Also where are you based?

Starting to get a little bit nit pickie again and most of the questions have been asked before and answered several times, but for anyone that is interested this is just one small area I,ve been round this morning, thought if I took a few pics it would help, the landscape is almost always the same from Scotland to Cornwall, I,m looking for a tree covered ridge overlooking vast areas of flat pasture land, the ridge especially in winter has to be running from north to south and your target will be on the side that picks up the favourable winds, ie southerlys and westerlys and definitely not easterlys, this is the same all over the world and by sitting on this side of the ridges all smells will be brought to them if there is a circular bowl in the landscape it will funnel smells and noises to the cat so it knows were it’s prey is before it even goes looking, this land is less than 10miles from the city centre and I very rarely see another person in the flesh or on the cameras, in the bottoms of the gulleys  you have a water supply and also plenty of food and if there was a cat laying on the canopy we would all walk underneath it totally un aware in this entire area I will be looking for one very stealthy animal that sees hears and smells me a long time before I get close to it, lastly I get one or two pics a year sent to me that I,m asked not to share and if anyone here asked me the same I would respect it, i,m not in it to make money or fame I just need to answer it for myself, I have in the past dug fox and badger for years without ever looking over my shoulder, I sold £1000s of pelts tails wings and masks, have coursed a 100 hares in a season even done a bit on the trout and salmon, so I have nothing to prove to anyone, I,m just on my own little mission enjoying myself and for some strange reason it seems to upset a few, but I really really don’t care, I,m a bit of a loner and if I was the last man on earth i,d be happy as a pig in shit, I don’t seek or want anyone’s approval and if you don’t believe me that’s fine I respect your opinions, the people who say to me when I see one I will believe it are the most sensible of all in my opinion ✌️✌️✌️✌️

8A34C267-A92B-4CB3-8A56-FC392548EF45.jpeg

DF7000B2-5908-4081-9F7D-BA60FB3401EA.jpeg

773E22D2-8C1F-4528-B8F4-1555E92DF94E.jpeg

2740B72D-1B7F-478A-A668-E3537983C1B0.jpeg

5B5E48EC-831E-408B-83E6-1B1097EEC6A0.jpeg

1258B773-EA77-43E8-A4D3-8ADEB39318C5.jpeg

AB81B1BC-BAD3-4ED7-9F90-75DD134B43CB.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

how did you come on with the cub video that you showed a member on here? You were sending it over to someone that knows cats. Don't know if its been asked before without trailing through the thread

So all these "experts" roaming around the country with camera traps etc for the last few years and not a single picture, body or remains of one, not a single road kill or even feaces, basically no evidence? Hardly experts lol. 

Or perhaps because there's nothing to find?

49 minutes ago, sandymere said:

So all these "experts" roaming around the country with camera traps etc for the last few years and not a single picture, body or remains of one, not a single road kill or even feaces, basically no evidence? Hardly experts lol. 

Or perhaps because there's nothing to find?

Prick

1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

how did you come on with the cub video that you showed a member on here? You were sending it over to someone that knows cats. Don't know if its been asked before without trailing through the thread

At the beginning of all this when I first mentioned it I was asked by the collective on here if I would show someone that was elected by the members on here and considered trustworthy, the person that was elected to view it was socks, I drove 45miles each way to meet him at a pre arranged place near his home and shared a good breakfast with the man, we had never met before and both new nothing of the other, Ken is a very well travelled and knowledgable countryman with a wealth of experience he saw the video and put up his conclusion which was the same as mine that it was a large young cat the species not quite clear but certainly not a domestic, if I could upload it to my iPad I would show it but I don’t have the means or knowledge to do it at this time, I caught the same animal twice in the space of a week before it left the area as I never saw it again despite many cameras in the area for a further year, here is a still photo taken of my computer screen so lots of quality lost, also the movement of the animal and the thickness of its legs when it’s running are lost but you will have an ideal, you can see it if you want to attend the fishing comp and make your own conclusion I also have several more better than I,ve shown on here but they were given me in trust for that reason I will never publish them but I am happy to show them face to face and maybe by the next match I will have more ✌️

D4AD28E3-FC27-48D4-88DC-DBB1A695D4FA.jpeg

2FD762C7-5220-4CAA-8A3F-C72C3F3CF504.jpeg

• Like 3

Saw pics at the comp that certainly make you think...besides that Greyman is a decent fella and doesn't try to force his views on you..either on here or in person... just shares his experiences..

It's an interesting subject and with the amount of escapees, released animals over the years shouldn't be so easily dismissed IMO...

Id love for greyman to achieve his own personal holy grail, and believe even if he did it would not be spread all over the net/press...I don't think he's that sort of person tbh.

• Like 7

Keep posting Greyman! Personally I am undecided as to if they are out there or not but I find this a very interesting thread and enjoy reading about your search to find an elusive big cat. I completely understand people’s scepticism but can’t understand why some feel the need to belittle you and undermine you, this is one of the few threads on here worth reading. 

• Like 7

Thier Worst hobbies to have.roaming about the countryside is great.very relaxing.i personally think caravanning is a load of bollox,and golf cant make head nor tail of it.....but each to thier own.

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

Keep posting Greyman! Personally I am undecided as to if they are out there or not but I find this a very interesting thread and enjoy reading about your search to find an elusive big cat. I completely understand people’s scepticism but can’t understand why some feel the need to belittle you and undermine you, this is one of the few threads on here worth reading. 

Mm

8 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Thier Worst hobbies to have.roaming about the countryside is great.very relaxing.i personally think caravanning is a load of bollox,and golf cant make head nor tail of it.....but each to thier own.

28 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Saw pics at the comp that certainly make you think...besides that Greyman is a decent fella and doesn't try to force his views on you..either on here or in person... just shares his experiences..

It's an interesting subject and with the amount of escapees, released animals over the years shouldn't be so easily dismissed IMO...

Id love for greyman to achieve his own personal holy grail, and believe even if he did it would not be spread all over the net/press...I don't think he's that sort of person tbh.

Thank you all, nice to here ✌️✌️

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic