• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Yes mate no him quite well, I know he was doing an interview, it’s always a gamble because what you say in an interview does not always come out as intended because journalists are looking to sell papers so tend to go for a more sensationalist view, have not read it, but rick is an honest and very well educated man who has spent years working on this,i well recommend his book, won’t answer Fox dropper remarks, but a number of 250 is what would be needed to have a healthy population without genetic defects through inbreeding and as we have not had any reports of deformity,s or mutants that number would have to exist, Rick has also seen all of the video,s I,ve mentioned in the past the 110 percenters no doubters, here is me and him with the big cat tent at the forest showcase in the Forest of Dean good day out if you have kids pop along in the summer if it’s there this year ?? 

0F95EC42-E6FB-40D9-8652-C0B43A1DADFA.jpeg

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Yes mate no him quite well, I know he was doing an interview, it’s always a gamble because what you say in an interview does not always come out as intended because journalists are looking to sell papers so tend to go for a more sensationalist view, have not read it, but rick is an honest and very well educated man who has spent years working on this,i well recommend his book, won’t answer Fox dropper remarks, but a number of 250 is what would be needed to have a healthy population without genetic defects through inbreeding and as we have not had any reports of deformity,s or mutants that number would have to exist, Rick has also seen all of the video,s I,ve mentioned in the past the 110 percenters no doubters, here is me and him with the big cat tent at the forest showcase in the Forest of Dean good day out if you have kids pop along in the summer if it’s there this year ?? 

0F95EC42-E6FB-40D9-8652-C0B43A1DADFA.jpeg

https://forestshowcase.org/

• Like 1

any numbers or "facts" are just plucked out of the air. Nobody knows what was released, what survived, what bred, what sightings are genuine etc etc. Anything badly deformed likely wouldn't survive

• Like 1

Breeding population of 250! :laugh:

Never have I seen a convincing picture, or video or kill damage or big cat body.

I am not, and never have suggested that there has never been the odd big cat escapes/releases into the wild, but those trying to prove it are just bonkers with the articles and comments they make!

• Like 1

Odd these big cats never get hit by cars! yet RTA are a major cause of death of leopards in India which would be  one of the most likely species.

https://www.ranthamborenationalpark.com/blog/reasons-leopard-deaths-india/

A big cat by the side of the MI would get noticed, or pretty much any road in the UK, and be a major news item.?

56 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Odd these big cats never get hit by cars! yet RTA are a major cause of death of leopards in India which would be  one of the most likely species.

A big cat by the side of the MI would get noticed, or pretty much any road in the UK, and be a major news item.?

the cubs must be born wise ? apparently men in a clean up van find out about any RTAs some how, and remove all trace ?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, sandymere said:

They do but I can’t be arsed to explain to you , you believe remaining in the eu is a good ideal far more mental than a small population of medium size cats living  amongst us but your sold on it so I won’t be getting into a silly tittle tattle with a man who is clearly looking at life in a far more deluded manner than myself, if you have anything factual or scientific to talk about fire away and I will try to answer but if just being annoying is your bag maybe start a thread with someone else ??

2 hours ago, Deker said:

Breeding population of 250! :laugh:

Never have I seen a convincing picture, or video or kill damage or big cat body.

I am not, and never have suggested that there has never been the odd big cat escapes/releases into the wild, but those trying to prove it are just bonkers with the articles and comments they make!

Your only a short jaunt up the motorway mate if you think I,m bonkers come and meet me, at least some people on here have that level of decency, and of all the people I,ve met I don’t think any have said I,m a looney, they may not believe or agree with me but they have made an effort and made up there own minds,  I,ll be at the fishing comp this year again come along and have a chat, I,ll show you things I can’t put on here and you can ask me all you like, you can even raise a pound or two for charity,, may I just ask you why would anyone show you anything of relevance with your attitude, most people I meet who have had an encounter are really happy to talk with someone who has a bit of knowledge and won’t stoop to piss taking and ridiculing them, I actually go out looking up to 3 days a week and find one or two things a year that convince me I,m right, how much time and effort do you put in to say I,m wrong ??? 

4 hours ago, Gilbey said:

any numbers or "facts" are just plucked out of the air. Nobody knows what was released, what survived, what bred, what sightings are genuine etc etc. Anything badly deformed likely wouldn't survive

And your scientific qualifications to back that statement are?? A number of 200/250 is a minimum number to avoid inbreeding and genetic f**k ups, we have statements and reliable witnesses going back years from people who actually did release them in significant numbers in some cases, I won’t give details but there was a name of a guy put up on this subject some time ago who was actually employed by maff at the time Defra today to capture large non native predators in the uk, we  have all his old paperwork and the traps he used, so no it’s not just plucked out the air it’s based on years of people giving up there own time and money to prove it one way or another rather than people just sat at home on a computer quoting Wikipedia and thinking they are an expert and on that note I think we have run our course once again✌️✌️✌️✌️

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Greyman said:

And your scientific qualifications to back that statement are?? A number of 200/250 is a minimum number to avoid inbreeding and genetic f**k ups, we have statements and reliable witnesses going back years from people who actually did release them in significant numbers in some cases, I won’t give details but there was a name of a guy put up on this subject some time ago who was actually employed by maff at the time Defra today to capture large non native predators in the uk, we  have all his old paperwork and the traps he used, so no it’s not just plucked out the air it’s based on years of people giving up there own time and money to prove it one way or another rather than people just sat at home on a computer quoting Wikipedia and thinking they are an expert and on that note I think we have run our course once again✌️✌️✌️✌️

how do folk know they aren't inbred though? Just a guess? Even with all the above if true, you don't know what bred/survived so it must be plucked. Plenty animals set away from nowt with nature(or owners) sorting probs.

Ps was having bait at work, never owned a computer, never quoted wikipedia and never had anything to do with big cats so clearly know nowt ?

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

They do but I can’t be arsed to explain to you , you believe remaining in the eu is a good ideal far more mental than a small population of medium size cats living  amongst us but your sold on it so I won’t be getting into a silly tittle tattle with a man who is clearly looking at life in a far more deluded manner than myself, if you have anything factual or scientific to talk about fire away and I will try to answer but if just being annoying is your bag maybe start a thread with someone else ??

Straw men to deflect from the reality of the lack of road deaths...

https://www.mammal.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/RoadDeaths2001Report.pdf

note lack of big cats........

Personal insults are a poor shield but if all one has then I understand your use in this case as being your best defense.

Edited by sandymere
  • Haha 1

I sometimes think you are digging a huge hole greyman by admitting to know and rate these  “experts”.

If I were you I’d go it alone as you seem far sainer than most of the mentors you deal with .

Just an honest opinion mate and not meant to offend .

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Your only a short jaunt up the motorway mate if you think I,m bonkers come and meet me, at least some people on here have that level of decency, and of all the people I,ve met I don’t think any have said I,m a looney, they may not believe or agree with me but they have made an effort and made up there own minds,  I,ll be at the fishing comp this year again come along and have a chat, I,ll show you things I can’t put on here and you can ask me all you like, you can even raise a pound or two for charity,, may I just ask you why would anyone show you anything of relevance with your attitude, most people I meet who have had an encounter are really happy to talk with someone who has a bit of knowledge and won’t stoop to piss taking and ridiculing them, I actually go out looking up to 3 days a week and find one or two things a year that convince me I,m right, how much time and effort do you put in to say I,m wrong ??? 

Your comments are bang out of order, show me some evidence, stop hiding behind ridiculous posts or comments, just what is the secret all about.

I'm out all over the country all the time and have been for nearly 50 years, I also have guys that work for me in many other parts of the country, and I know large numbers of people in the pest control and gamekeeper business nationwide, that amounts to being out far more than you.

EVIDENCE is required, not opinion or suggestion or stupid pictures of domestic cats or deer eaten by fox etc.

Seems some of us have far more experience than others and know far more how nature/the country side works than others.

Breeding population of 250, get real!

Kindly note I have never said never, you are out of order, and just what is my attitude, :laugh:, so nobody will show me any proof because of my attitude and you can't put stuff up here! :laugh::laugh::laugh:?

Produce a BIG CAT carcase and get in touch, I will gladly meet you and see: I don't have an attitude, although in your case I'm thinking about developing one!.

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic