• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, mackem said:

30 yards away,four of them saw it but none thought to get a pic or video,and they didn't want to be named?Fake news or its magic mushroom season.

Or they have spent so much time making silly comments to people about it not being true there now to embarrassed to be named,  ????????

• Confused 1

Its not exactly evidence of anything to be honest,i have fired off an e-mail to durham university about the DNA results from the fortean association showing leopard hair was from a cat living wild in the UK,i will keep you updated,you mentioned a guy who has a leopard skin from a snared cat,any chance you can get a sliver of skin and a few hairs?

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, mackem said:

Its not exactly evidence of anything to be honest,i have fired off an e-mail to durham university about the DNA results from the fortean association showing leopard hair was from a cat living wild in the UK,i will keep you updated,you mentioned a guy who has a leopard skin from a snared cat,any chance you can get a sliver of skin and a few hairs?

I will ask but very much doubt it, as he is a member on here who wished to not get involved in all this, but FairPlay to you for looking for proper answers, I doth my cap to you, another thing they do in aus but I don’t think anyone has done here yet is to send leopard stools off for testing that have been taken from a Leopards cage, in Australia every one has came back as dog?. I no of other people that have positive dna results but they have sent there gear off abroad for testing so although positive not in a uk lab?? ??

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

I'm "sceptical" he knows what a hare is ?

A Female Mountain Lion Canvas Print _ Canvas Art by ___.jpg

Well it was 7 pm, light was probably starting to fade, their distance judgement might be as shit as most hare coursers, and excitent does sometimes play tricks on your mind ?

• Haha 1

I get quite a few polecats on my trail cameras and either no one believes me and try,s to tell me they are lost ferrets, or look at me like I have 6 heads before asking me what a polecat is, during my nearly 60 years on this planet I have seen 4 live otters how many people even country folk could say the same,?  we have to remember in all of this that most of these people are towns folk who would struggle to identify common bird species that have gone for a walk because the sun is out, they are not on safari in Africa wandering round with a camera poised at a moments notice expecting to see a leopard, and I must confess myself to going into a bit of shock when I first saw one and did not even think about cameras, dogs taking footprints, or out else in fact I was probably 10 mins down the road afterwards before a normal thought process kicked in and I started thinking wtf why did,not I do this or that, been waiting years since to be back in the same position and probably never will✌️✌️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would think that the public in general getting this subject between their teeth would be the worst possible thing for folk like you Greyman ?....every Tom Dick and Harry will have their " experiences " and it quickly becomes a mockery i would imagine the smaller the circle of genuine people interested in the subject the better in terms of reaching the truth.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I get quite a few polecats on my trail cameras and either no one believes me and try,s to tell me they are lost ferrets, or look at me like I have 6 heads before asking me what a polecat is, during my nearly 60 years on this planet I have seen 4 live otters how many people even country folk could say the same,?  we have to remember in all of this that most of these people are towns folk who would struggle to identify common bird species that have gone for a walk because the sun is out, they are not on safari in Africa wandering round with a camera poised at a moments notice expecting to see a leopard, and I must confess myself to going into a bit of shock when I first saw one and did not even think about cameras, dogs taking footprints, or out else in fact I was probably 10 mins down the road afterwards before a normal thought process kicked in and I started thinking wtf why did,not I do this or that, been waiting years since to be back in the same position and probably never will✌️✌️

bloody hell your dead right there and its not just townies. Born and bred country folk/farmers as well. Similar thing with polecats but the lass found one hammered into the road and changed her mind. "a unusual dead bird in my garden" = Dunnock. "what bird makes that noise" = Oystercatcher. "we've been watching Herons diving and swimming after fish" = Goosanders lol.

also we've got the odd feral cat here at work and you rarely see them, mostly when they've got young, so?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

bloody hell your dead right there and its not just townies. Born and bred country folk/farmers as well. Similar thing with polecats but the lass found one hammered into the road and changed her mind. "a unusual dead bird in my garden" = Dunnock. "what bird makes that noise" = Oystercatcher. "we've been watching Herons diving and swimming after fish" = Goosanders lol.

also we've got the odd feral cat here at work and you rarely see them, mostly when they've got young, so?

Yep, you're not wrong there. I live in a fairly rural location and, I often here people identifying jackdaws as blackbirds, buzzards as kestrels etc etc!!! Most people, unless they are really into wildlife really haven't much of a clue

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yep, you're not wrong there. I live in a fairly rural location and, I often here people identifying jackdaws as blackbirds, buzzards as kestrels etc etc!!! Most people, unless they are really into wildlife really haven't much of a clue

Absolutely agree that's why I believe men that have lived, hunted and farmed the countryside when they have told me of their sightings.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic