Troll through this lot. DNA was found in North Devon, said to be from a Leopard. Nearly 1000 sights on there, okay going to be a lot of dross but some have got to be legit. I know quite a few guys that have seen them, good country men at that, and not one of them put in a report in,  I suppose fear of ridicule. So the amount of sighting must be way higher.

Out on Dartmoor years ago shooting Foxes and was told by the land owner "on no account shoot the Ocelot", We never saw it despite drawing every cover with ten terriers but it didn't mean it wasn't there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_big_cats

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

iirc the Devon dna came back as leopard but the lab pointed out the obvious that there was nothing to prove it came from a Devon wood. Some samples came back as inconclusive and another came back as leopard but the accompanying footage wasn't a leopard unfortunately. Can't all be shite.

Any of the footage available for us thickos?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

iirc the Devon dna came back as leopard but the lab pointed out the obvious that there was nothing to prove it came from a Devon wood. Some samples came back as inconclusive and another came back as leopard but the accompanying footage wasn't a leopard unfortunately. Can't all be shite.

Any of the footage available for us thickos?

What does iirc mean 

9 hours ago, Greyman said:

a few small minded people

I don't think its narrow minded to question,otherwise we would all still believe in the easter bunny and santa clause.

2 hours ago, Arry said:

Troll through this lot. DNA was found in North Devon, said to be from a Leopard. Nearly 1000 sights on there, okay going to be a lot of dross but some have got to be legit. I know quite a few guys that have seen them, good country men at that, and not one of them put in a report in,  I suppose fear of ridicule. So the amount of sighting must be way higher.

Out on Dartmoor years ago shooting Foxes and was told by the land owner "on no account shoot the Ocelot", We never saw it despite drawing every cover with ten terriers but it didn't mean it wasn't there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_big_cats

Cheers Arry

The DNA was purportedly verified by Durham Uni,i once studied in Durham city,i will phone the Uni up next week if its open and try and find out which dept verified the DNA samples,however the fact that it wasn't the Uni themselves (but the centre for fortean zoology who are ever so slightly biased) who announced the findings brings questions,and also two other DNA samples were deffo fox.Theres just been rabbit bones found in west sussex from 1AD carbon dating and other tests prove "almost" conclusively that it was raised as a domestic animal,if they can tell that from a single bone they can certainly pin-point an animals geographic living location with hair samples.

• Thanks 1

I might if mentioned it before but years ago we are talking 10 year I did a lot of mooching with my airrifle had permission on this nice Manor House anyway walking up the footpath and there’s a small sheep field that backs onto some house I see the biggest black cat sat in the grass that sulks into some brambles backing into the gardens of the houses I had a look about couldn’t see it anywhere it certainly was bigger than housecat size and completely vanished but I’m not really a believer into big cats and it must of been a larger than adverage moggy another time we where lamping on a large open spread out woodland cemetery cutting through and seen a massive black animal sink through the hedge almost as quick as the lamp went across the field  I won’t say cat as I have no idea what it Was maybe a large dog or a black fox who knows unless I see 1000000% concrete evidence I wobt believe it but very interesting topic for sure 

• Like 3

What I find intersting is the fact, yep FACT, that ferral domestic cats can grow far larger than normal. And I'm not joking, trapped quite a few when I was working in pest control years ago.

Could some of these sightings be that sort of thing? 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, shaaark said:

ferral domestic cats can grow far larger than normal. And I'm not joking, trapped quite a few when I was working in pest control years ago.Could some of these sightings be that sort of thing? 

Yup,the cat in this pic wasn't even that big,a ginger household moggy BUT it sparked a helicopter police hunt after a number of people claimed it was a lion :icon_eek:

lion-sighting-in-essex_03_04_2014.jpg

11 minutes ago, mackem said:

Yup,the cat in this pic wasn't even that big,a ginger household moggy BUT it sparked a helicopter police hunt after a number of people claimed it was a lion :icon_eek:

lion-sighting-in-essex_03_04_2014.jpg

Lol, lion, they should've gone to specsavers! ?

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 18:41, shaaark said:

What I find intersting is the fact, yep FACT, that ferral domestic cats can grow far larger than normal. And I'm not joking, trapped quite a few when I was working in pest control years ago.

feral cats, black foxes, dogs(fen tiger)

Edited by Gilbey
pics
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

I read somewhere feral cats in Australia are predicted to grow to the size of small leopards

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic