• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Is the technology not out there to make a picture like that clearer ?....surely the stuff ol bill use must be available to the everyday Joe....no ?

To be honest mate as you said what else could it be, my first thought when I saw it was it was taken in another country, but someone I no found the spot using google earth and it is in Yorkshire and I think if you were going to fake a picture there are loads more convincing ways of doing it, there is a web site called Vimeo that people put trail camera pics up on, a bloke on there called David Neil’s has been filming puma for over 20 years and has some cracking footage on there, yet despite spending 5 nights a week for 20 years in the mountains he has only ever had 5 fleeting glimpses of them in the flesh, he,s a good bloke and I,ve learnt a lot from his films worth checking out ??

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

To be honest mate as you said what else could it be, my first thought when I saw it was it was taken in another country, but someone I no found the spot using google earth and it is in Yorkshire and I think if you were going to fake a picture there are loads more convincing ways of doing it, there is a web site called Vimeo that people put trail camera pics up on, a bloke on there called David Neil’s has been filming puma for over 20 years and has some cracking footage on there, yet despite spending 5 nights a week for 20 years in the mountains he has only ever had 5 fleeting glimpses of them in the flesh, he,s a good bloke and I,ve learnt a lot from his films worth checking out ??

iirc cow and calf rocks Ilkley moor.

that's a point as well, 5 glimpses in 20 year looking and folk just walked up to this one and took a pic? Hurry up and get a 10/10 lol

51 minutes ago, Greyman said:

How do you mean use Google earth to find the spot mate how does that work ? surely to do that you,d have to have a pretty good idea where it is anyway or am i not understanding

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

How do you mean use Google earth to find the spot mate how does that work ? surely to do that you,d have to have a pretty good idea where it is anyway or am i not understanding

I think one of the people I network with was in contact with the journalist that covered the story at the time so possibly had the location, don’t no how long ago it was bit before I got really involved I think ??

• Like 1

I dont know if its truth or a load of ol bollocks but its fascinating shit.....i can see the interest/hobby in it all its just whether the interest is to suit the hobby or the hobby to suit the interest ?

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

here's a bit of it. They were 20 meters away and a group of men were closer? (2017 ? Possibly)

wp_ss_20190418_0001.png

Lol 20 metres and still we get a pic that’s as grainy as feck ,yet the rocks are pretty much in focus .lol.

Next 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Lol 20 metres and still we get a pic that’s as grainy as feck ,yet the rocks are pretty much in focus .lol.

Next 

where's the group of men?

you'd be daft to think there couldn't be any in some parts of the UK though........

On 17/04/2019 at 20:24, Greyman said:

Just to confirm this was taken in England google earth is a good tool, it was in Yorkshire the morning after a night of heavy rain, ideal time to lay out on a rock and get some warmth 

32760606-B98B-45B4-B783-A4431562E20A.jpeg

8AF8967F-C67E-4F1D-9467-E26E31DE9C58.jpeg

Looks photoshop to me and where’s the tree gone ?

• Thanks 1

Not british but scientists have found evidence of a giant lion that preyed upon elephant sized herbivores in Kenya,it weighed up to 1500 Kg,thats a big cat :icon_eek: Pic shows its jaw-bone compared to a modern day lion skull.

BBW3hmL.jpg

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, mackem said:

Not british but scientists have found evidence of a giant lion that preyed upon elephant sized herbivores in Kenya,it weighed up to 1500 Kg,thats a big cat :icon_eek: Pic shows its jaw-bone compared to a modern day lion skull.

BBW3hmL.jpg

Was that the fossilised bones found in chad mackem? Machairodus kabir, was what I just googled, but it said they could have weighed up to 500 kg, which is still massive, and much bigger than any big cat of today

Just seen kenya ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic