• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

That ain’t no fox or dog but nowt there for scale unless ye know that wall very well, would love to see a cut out cat same size as he reckons an ine same size as a moggy took woth same camera from same position ?

It's 4 stones wide so it's about 2 ft maybe 3 at a push 

11 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

It's 4 stones wide so it's about 2 ft maybe 3 at a push 

Could be 4 rocks either....so maybe 5 or 6 feet.....I

i'm pretty sure it's size could be calibrated off the photo.....with size off picture vs object.....they can do great things these days....

As I always say check the tail, it looks like a large domestic to me, here,s a real one, should make 20" -22" at the shoulder and  3ft body length without the tail, for the lads that are into the lamping the eye shine is worth a note as most things light up red cats are big and greenie yellow ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

The one youv posted looks like its got a deeper chest as well greyman

That's possibly due to being in a cage as well mate not much exercise,(males and females also differ quite a bit ) interesting cat fact, cheetah,s are the shortest lived cats in captivity because they are not able to run, other problem with the cat in the picture is something I,ve mentioned before, hybridisation, I have a pic of a sandy brown cat, ugly as feck he,s almost 2ft at the shoulder ( the picture has been scaled ) and a simular size to a leopard or puma type but it looks like the nastiest house cat I,ve ever seen, some people involved in the cat group I send my stuff off to believe we will eventually end up with a smaller leaner type of cat that will be a unique sub species, this is not as mental as it sounds as leopards have done this the world over and now live in most environments around the planet, from the tiny clouded leopard upto the full size one in the cage I put up, also altering there appearance from either yellow spotted to jet black melonistic, and even our own humble red fox is dividing into town and country sub species with rural fox,s now reckoned to be 40 percent bigger than there town cousins ?????

• Like 2

Not really big cat but cat related, have just had a batch of cameras returned from an estate in Scotland they have been out since last year, have got some Scottish wildcats, pine Martin and red squirrel which makes a pleasant change, though I,d say the wildcat/cats  is probably not a 100 0/0  pure but still nice to see will try and stick one up later 

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched a program on Bigfoot by a guy called Todd standing,Canada’s foremost expert on Bigfoot,he is talking about alpha males Bigfoot tribe movement etc,showing Bigfoot lookout positions on top of mountains,showed a black “Bigfoot” hand steal three apples,there’s growling from three approaching Bigfoot in the dark to which he replies “Easy fella” in a low soothing voice,the program smacks of desperation,he estimates a population of 15000 Squatch.He has almost daily interaction with them and has 2 pieces of footage,one shows whats clearly a guy in a monkey suit running across a slope,the other shows a guy in a latex mask staring from the trees,my missus said “That’s an hour of your life your never going to get back” ?

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

And still better than emmerdsle coronation street an eastenders??

More like Mr Bean for comedic value,if this guy can get TV time then it shouldn’t be beyond anyone’s ability to make an equally spurious British big cat program.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I used to watch finding bigfoot lol. Total numpties miles of "evidence" and being attack by bigfoots but cameras fall and capture nothing or a grainy image in the dark yet zero actual footage.  Some how its at over 100 episodes lol. When do yiu call it quits haha 100 episodes travelled all over the world not a single shred of evidence 

forced my lad to watch an episode of that on blaze one night... even a highly imaginative kid thought it was a pile of shite:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic