• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Near certainty’ lynx will be released into wild in Britain as landowners agree to plan

Wild lynx could return to Britain for the first time in 1,300 years after landowners agreed to let them roam on 270 square miles of forest in Northumberland.

The Lynx UK Trust has applied to Natural England for permission to release six Eurasian lynx into Kielder Forest and a licensing decision is expected shortly.

But the rewilding group said that consent for the project was now a ‘near certainty’ after the owners of 20 adjoining plots in the forest agreed the animals could be let loose on their land.

If the release is successful it could lead to the widespread reintroduction of the cats into the Scottish Highlands and other parts of Britain.

Dr Paul Donoghue, Chief scientific advisor for the Lynx UK Trust, said: “Literally every landowner we have approached has given permission. It is a massive tick in the box for our application and makes approval a near certainty.

“I think this speaks volumes for the confidence in the trial reintroduction plan we’ve laid out.

“Everything is in place to deliver a world class project that will breathe life into Britain’s dying forest ecosystems.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/‘near-certainty’-lynx-will-be-released-into-wild-in-britain-as-landowners-agree-to-plan/ar-BBLGeAW?ocid=spartanntp

19 minutes ago, mackem said:

Near certainty’ lynx will be released into wild in Britain as landowners agree to plan

Wild lynx could return to Britain for the first time in 1,300 years after landowners agreed to let them roam on 270 square miles of forest in Northumberland.

The Lynx UK Trust has applied to Natural England for permission to release six Eurasian lynx into Kielder Forest and a licensing decision is expected shortly.

But the rewilding group said that consent for the project was now a ‘near certainty’ after the owners of 20 adjoining plots in the forest agreed the animals could be let loose on their land.

If the release is successful it could lead to the widespread reintroduction of the cats into the Scottish Highlands and other parts of Britain.

Dr Paul Donoghue, Chief scientific advisor for the Lynx UK Trust, said: “Literally every landowner we have approached has given permission. It is a massive tick in the box for our application and makes approval a near certainty.

“I think this speaks volumes for the confidence in the trial reintroduction plan we’ve laid out.

“Everything is in place to deliver a world class project that will breathe life into Britain’s dying forest ecosystems.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/‘near-certainty’-lynx-will-be-released-into-wild-in-britain-as-landowners-agree-to-plan/ar-BBLGeAW?ocid=spartanntp

Few things that bug me about that 

Can't stand the word "rewilding" . Don't know why , just seems a new made up word to make idea's sound "magical"

I wonder what's on offer for all these landowners to immediately agree to having lynx on their land 

"Britain's dying forest ecosystems" . Are they that bad that they need a new Apex predator ? And if their dying surely having a predator dependant on a food source would be a bad idea. 

Anyway , im not sold on the idea of lynx introduction.  Seems a nice grand idea but think theirs things more usefell the could put energy into 

• Like 1
On 08/08/2018 at 15:10, .357shooter said:

that little gator is going to eat her for sure.would you let your daughter do that ?

Yes if she doesn't go to bed next time she is told, then I'll personally throw her in with one:???

• Haha 1
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:44, waltjnr said:

See some air head yank student standing in the water with a 14 foot alligator, saying its her mate??how long has she got? 

I think you can build up a rapport with mammals, reptiles no matter how long you spend with them, when they get to a certain size we become food!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Few things that bug me about that 

Can't stand the word "rewilding" . Don't know why , just seems a new made up word to make idea's sound "magical"

I wonder what's on offer for all these landowners to immediately agree to having lynx on their land 

"Britain's dying forest ecosystems" . Are they that bad that they need a new Apex predator ? And if their dying surely having a predator dependant on a food source would be a bad idea. 

Anyway , im not sold on the idea of lynx introduction.  Seems a nice grand idea but think theirs things more usefell the could put energy into 

The rewilding program of the eu has been steaming along unnoticed for years, the Lynx,s needed a lot of insurance cover before they could be released and now they have a company willing to pay for any damage for 5 years, it's the last hurdle, they have been waiting in captivity for 5/6 years, with the deer population explosion we do need an apex predator, that's why the ones already here are doing so well in recent years especially with the snack size muntjac spreading quicker than Islam, otters were first, polecats are the current animal being reared in captivity and released everywhere  and the next one is the pine Martin,  I never saw a wild polecat in my life until just over a year ago now they are popping up everywhere dead on the roads and alive in the woods, sadly the one thing all these predators will eat is rabbits which are at there lowest levels ever, I believe on the Iberian peninsula they are introducing healthy rabbits into the wild to help the Iberian Lynx , but over here it's just predator overload, but I,m sure Mother Nature will sort it out ?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

How will lynx actually benefit tourism ? Surely if their so secretive it's not as if your regular walker will catch a glimpse of them 

You have to promote anything you want to roll out to the public,it's just good advertising mate,  and I guess there will be a few people willing to go looking, is there a industry around the puma in the states other than hunting??? I no people that have traveled to India and failed to see a leopard so maybe there is, more questions than answers really I guess we will have to wait and see ?

I work with a crackpot colleague who fancies himself as a bit of a Steve Irwin. He brags about the time he picked up a rattlesnake and showed it to everyone and I'm debating whether to buy a vial of anti-venom and see if I can triple my investment by following him around for a weekend?

What do you think THL? :hmm: #Capitalism

• Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic