• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

no idea what would peel a badger, but badgers are peelers, anyone who snares rabbits or lives where there's hedgehogs will say the same

I agree but what kills one in the open then sits there and peels it? 

1 hour ago, John d said:

A reasonable distance should be anywhere between lands end to John o'groats to prove it surely? 

Agree with you mate, but I have to be realistic, if I try to spread myself over the whole of the U.K. I could not give it enough attention so I try to stick to my own little patch, also if there is someone in the group closer that could give it more attention I would pass it on to them but as ginger beard is in the sw I,m assuming his family are relatively local, so I,d be happy to meet them hear what they have to say and if feasible get some cameras in 

1 hour ago, John d said:

A reasonable distance should be anywhere between lands end to John o'groats to prove it surely? 

So is there 100% "proof"there? Otherwise it's a long way to travel to just hear someone's account of it . As this thread shows their all looneys and bullshitters 

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

2 sets of Juvenile prints next to adults around the storey Arms below pen yr van in the snow...... What animal in these Isles.... Skins a badger from its arsehole, then pulls all the pelt inside out over the head and doesn't eat its shit sack? Nothing I've ever hunted that's for sure. Nothing eats old brock... they let him rot.... Side of the road or in a field..... 

Sorry mate you are wrong. A fox turns his nose up at NOTHING .Skins inside out are a results of it being dragged whilst feeding,seen it many time and the place stinking of fox  .I've seen big cat kills in Africa and not one was turned inside out. All  the doubters want is good clear evidence  and until that day I'm afraid ridicule us part of your calling .Without evidence ,no amount of feeling sorry for yourselves cuts it .Either put up or shut up lol.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

"no idea what would peel a badger" ?

Here,s one I found in December, it had one tooth mark in the top of its head and one through its ear, no damage round it's mouth or face indicating a single bite through the top of its head without a fight, I have a video showing were its been dragged out of the hedge before being consumed in the open, sadly it won't load onto my iPad as its to big but here are some stills, the clues to it being a cat are the fact it's  rumin bag is still in tact untouched, the way the skin is pulled down the legs and the ribs are cut cleanly along its spine, in America mountain lions also take badgers and if this was found there no one would question what killed and ate it, it's not the only one I,ve seen and they all look the same though they are very rare in comparison to deer 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Sorry mate you are wrong. A fox turns his nose up at NOTHING .Skins inside out are a results of it being dragged whilst feeding,seen it many time and the place stinking of fox  .I've seen big cat kills in Africa and not one was turned inside out. All  the doubters want is good clear evidence  and until that day I'm afraid ridicule us part of your calling .Without evidence ,no amount of feeling sorry for yourselves cuts it .Either put up or shut up lol.

Photo,s or it never happened mate you know the rules 

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Don't the establishment tells us they're rare too? :hmm:

About as rare as a grooming gang at a mosque ! Lol 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

Has anybody thought it might have been another Badger? 

Was thinking the very same. You see, us fieldsports enthusiasts (well some of us lol) would know these things. A huge proportion of those into finding Big Cats, will simply come to the conclusion that it had to be a cat that done it. Someone mentioned "why would it kill one of its own out in the open?" Who said it was killed by the badger that fed off it.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Here,s one I found in December, it had one tooth mark in the top of its head and one through its ear, no damage round it's mouth or face indicating a single bite through the top of its head without a fight, I have a video showing were its been dragged out of the hedge before being consumed in the open, sadly it won't load onto my iPad as its to big but here are some stills, the clues to it being a cat are the fact it's  rumin bag is still in tact untouched, the way the skin is pulled down the legs and the ribs are cut cleanly along its spine, in America mountain lions also take badgers and if this was found there no one would question what killed and ate it, it's not the only one I,ve seen and they all look the same though they are very rare in comparison to deer 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Amazing what a .308 will do ! Lol lol 

1 minute ago, EDDIE B said:

Was thinking the very same. You see, us fieldsports enthusiasts (well some of us lol) would know these things. A huge proportion of those into finding Big Cats, will simply come to the conclusion that it had to be a cat that done it. Someone mentioned "why would it kill one of its own out in the open?" Who said it was killed by the badger that fed off it.

In truth mate I discard far more than I accept as proof, but this particular animal has all the hallmarks of a cat, so I will log it  and looking at the video of the badger eating his roadkill mate it confirms to me even more that another badger never ate or killed this  one but an animal far bigger and stronger than a badger was responsible 

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic