• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Let's  look at this rationally without the obvious bullshit. There's hell of a lot of hours put in in the countryside between us on here and we all have camera phones now so where are the pics of a big cat roamig our lands .Sorry but it aint happening. And as for cubs i wish ,be something else to enter the dogs on .Yes I'll say I'm wrong if a pic turns up but don't expect to eat humble pie any time soon .

I sit on the fence but I can see why people think their might be something 

Looking at it rationally your right about so many people out how come they haven't been seen . But on the flip side they are incredibly elusive animals and they might smell/hear you way before you come. Im not sure what their capabilities are for detecting potential threats but it must be far better than any native wild animal.  Flip side of that is if they are that elusive how come people have taken pictures (crap ones) . The middle ground is in their native lands they are elusive enough for Americans on here that live in puma country and know their their but still haven't seen one themselves 

This topic is really interesting and im sure greyman realises he doesn't have all the answers but hats off to him for going for it and looking deeper into it. 

I reckon good ground can be covered on here with proper conversation and debate / discussion but I think that ship might have sailed . Hammering him with questions by people on here does no good tho . Gets his back up and he responds the same way others respond to him . Away from the internet he's a guy who goes out in the countryside investigating something that him in his mind thinks is a quest worth pursuing. It doesn't really matter if usernames agree or disagree , that's the joy of life the differences we have . But if the people he's battling with on here constsntly think asking him questions repeatedly when they know their going to get his back up are going to get some sort or definite answers from him then it ain't going to happen . If he himself has 100% proof of big cats in the UK it would be on the news straight away . He doesn't , what him and others like him have it lots of little bits of information that their trying to piece together around their free time to make a decent case to say . " Hears what we got , we got this,this,this,this and this" . It's not a smoking gun but explain to me how they fit in with the UK countryside . And if their are decent genuine explanations to what they have to show then that will decide it for me.  

Theirs lots of people who are hunters , few on seperate threads to this one that have said they have seen big cats , now knowing the piss taking etc they would get for saying they seen one they said they had . That is a question I really want answered but unfortunately greyman don't have the answer . Why would a guy who spends his life in the countryside and has given a good account of himself during his life go and record and say he's seen one and forever be thought of as a bullshitter. I have no idea , I'll never find out either probably 

Most of that wasn't aimed at fix dropper . Just got caught up in typing 

Edited by Welsh_red
  • Like 5

Nice one red, well balanced answer, but I think once the baiters get a head of steam up the conversation is over as can be seen over the last few pages, it's a real shame as discussion and debate is the way forward even if we disagree but some people are,nt interested in wether they excist or not just how many likes they can get for being a knob, one question I will answer for Mackem before I go and enjoy the rest of my Father's Day you asked about the labradoodle that Jonathan lied about, i believe it was shown in a slide show at symond,s yacht along with several young horses that have been attacked in the area, a member of this forum was present and has seen them so if he feels like coming forward I,m sure he can confirm we have a labradoodle that has been skinned and eaten by a large preditor examined and confirmed by a vet ? Have a nice day all the dads 

• Like 1

I was the forum member at the symonds yat talk, 

me until I see one personally I’m skeptical but interested as want to know how they have lived this long here.

my wife says she seen one in the forest years ago but I was driving a modified Landy 90 so had eyes glued to the road , 

i vaguely remember the labradoodle as like everyone that’s been on here knows I got one I tried to get working as a busher ?

it certainly didn’t look like anything I could explain that had happened to it , there was local sheep kills where you could see the drag marks in the dew. 

What I will say is there’s load of weird shit goes on round here in the woods , 

And for all those that take the piss out of Greyman he’s as sane as what I am and certainly no fool,

He’s also willing to invest his own time and cash burning diesel and investing in trail cams to try and get reliable proof. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

It's possibe don't get me wrong but the reports tell me otherwise, rubbish like there's a breeding population and many more. How the hell can anyone come to that conclusion?

2 sets of Juvenile prints next to adults around the storey Arms below pen yr van in the snow...... What animal in these Isles.... Skins a badger from its arsehole, then pulls all the pelt inside out over the head and doesn't eat its shit sack? Nothing I've ever hunted that's for sure. Nothing eats old brock... they let him rot.... Side of the road or in a field..... 

Greyman,my ex brother in law is a normal man.he's started shagging a farming woman i know who is also normal.yesterday they said they saw a puma on there farm.

Shall i ask them if you can have there number or something.i'm being serious,so serious they were i felt rude laughing in his face.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, John d said:

Invest or waste?? A fool and his money are easily parted ;)

I wouldn’t call the man a fool, seems to me the ones taking the piss or ridiculing him on this thread are wasting the most precious thing you can’t get back Your time!

where as he’s out doing something he enjoys .

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

2 sets of Juvenile prints next to adults around the storey Arms below pen yr van in the snow...... What animal in these Isles.... Skins a badger from its arsehole, then pulls all the pelt inside out over the head and doesn't eat its shit sack? Nothing I've ever hunted that's for sure. Nothing eats old brock... they let him rot.... Side of the road or in a field..... 

I've seen rats eat badger but that's it, seen them come out of their gut

12 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Greyman,my ex brother in law is a normal man.he's started shagging a farming woman i know who is also normal.yesterday they said they saw a puma on there farm.

Shall i ask them if you can have there number or something.i'm being serious,so serious they were i felt rude laughing in his face.

If it,s real mate and in a reasonable distance I,d love to speak to them and maybe even get some cameras on the land if they would like?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I've seen rats eat badger but that's it, seen them come out of their gut

But does a rat peel the pelt from the carcass? Genuine question south? 

3 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Has anybody thought it might have been another Badger? 

Out in the open when it's surrounded by its natural food sources ? Have to be pretty hard up to eat its own kind kerny. 

Just now, Daniel cain said:

Out in the open when it's surrounded by its natural food sources ? Have to be pretty hard up to eat its own kind kerny. 

I'm sure it happens though, who knows hey? I'm sure a cat would find easier food sources if it actually did kill the Badger. Even Cougars don't prey on them all too often.

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic