I can honestly assure you there are no big cats being released. There are incredibly strict recording procedures for ownership both by zoos and private individuals and these data bases are accessed centrally by any interested officials. There are fines etc for wrong recording or deliberate release and accidental escapes are very rare. Escapees which are not recaptured or shot are almost unheard of and there is a very real possibility of a zoo losing its licence if escapes occur or are not dealt with properly.

Good points, thanks for that! :thumbs:

That scratches part of my equation. Is it possible that there could be illegal collections that circumvent the law? Over here a lot of states have strict rules on what can and can't be kept. A couple of years ago someone caught Pacu in a local pond! Different species, I know, but looking at what collectors will pay versus what inexperienced hobbyists have done to areas of environmental sensitivity, is not likely, possible, probable? :hmm:

Big cats can be kept legally so no need to hide them especially when there are penalties for incorrect keeping. It is possible I suppose that there is some crackpot secretly breeding big cats and releasing them into the counary side but I don't think it's likely

Personally I think more reports can be put down to several factors. Possibly more wild cats breeding. Possibly cats getting more used to humans. Probably more people using the countryside for leisure purposes. More reports leads to more wishful thinking too!

What would you hypothesize for the general lack of mainstream evidence overall? :hmm:

I dont know. I wonder why the increased number of reports isn't accompanied by an increase in decent pictures. There are lots of inconclusive pictures and a few which are almost totally convincing but I would love somebody to produce a picture which was 100% incontrovertible. I guess like greyman says as technology is becoming more widespread then drones trail cams etc are bound to get some proof sooner or later.

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

I dont know. I wonder why the increased number of reports isn't accompanied by an increase in decent pictures. There are lots of inconclusive pictures and a few which are almost totally convincing but I would love somebody to produce a picture which was 100% incontrovertible. I guess like greyman says as technology is becoming more widespread then drones trail cams etc are bound to get some proof sooner or later.

I think that's the biggest hurdle for the sceptic. In the day where pretty much everyone is carrying around an HD recording device, in their pocket. A device that can contact any part of the globe, in real time, in the length it takes to push send. Why isn't there more compelling information on the matter? :hmm:

Now I fully understand that those of you that research this privately don't need any more convincing but at a time when the rest of the population has seen a decrease in UFO sightings, and bigfoot, that cats don't seem to be documented any further.

post-1930-0-30119600-1494068681_thumb.jpg
post-1930-0-74608600-1494068669_thumb.jpg
post-1930-0-82265200-1494068689_thumb.jpg
post-1930-0-42328200-1494066497_thumb.jpg

I put a couple of pics up on here a few weeks ago,guy i know in the states,knew there was a cougar on the property,stuck a single trail cam up,had totally clear very good pics of a cougar over a period of a few weeks,i have had a trail cam in the uk for maybe 8 years? so its not as if they are new technology here,i was in maplins earlier even they are selling them,Aldi sells them now and again,yet theres not one totally clear pic taken across the whole UK as conclusive as the guy I know took within a couple of nights of hanging up his cam on a trail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep I have to agree it is odd but remember absence of proof is not proof of absence?

I don't know why there are no better pictures coming through.

Let me add I don't carry out any research into British cats myself and have never seen one I just find it a fascinating subject and have been lucky enough to speak to some very interesting people about it. I have also heard enough from credible witnesses including close friends who I believe to have 100%seen big cats wild in Britain

• Like 3

I used to subscribe to a magazine called fortean times as I had an interest in ABC's and cryptids in general,i kid you not they once forwarded a theory that the big black cats in the UK appeared from another realm,they were not of this world :blink:

Read some of this link....

http://kentbigcats.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/fortean-times-june-2007-big-cats.html

• Like 1

I put a couple of pics up on here a few weeks ago,guy i know in the states,knew there was a cougar on the property,stuck a single trail cam up,had totally clear very good pics of a cougar over a period of a few weeks,i have had a trail cam in the uk for maybe 8 years? so its not as if they are new technology here,i was in maplins earlier even they are selling them,Aldi sells them now and again,yet theres not one totally clear pic taken across the whole UK as conclusive as the guy I know took within a couple of nights of hanging up his cam on a trail.

that is a very good point and one of the reasons I started doing it, I need a photo like that for myself I pick up pug marks and pics of suspected kills so when the photo does finally come I will have a more complete picture I do also think that even though you have had a trail camera for 8 years they are still relatively new to the wider public and for a lot of people maintaining the cameras over long periods of time becomes to much of a chore and they end up left out with flat battery,s or thrown In a cupboard I,ve said before how many miles I walk changing sd cards and battery,s it,s time consuming and costs money but I think a good picture is not far away and hopefully I get it
  • Like 1

I can honestly assure you there are no big cats being released. There are incredibly strict recording procedures for ownership both by zoos and private individuals and these data bases are accessed centrally by any interested officials. There are fines etc for wrong recording or deliberate release and accidental escapes are very rare. Escapees which are not recaptured or shot are almost unheard of and there is a very real possibility of a zoo losing its licence if escapes occur or are not dealt with properly.

Good points, thanks for that! :thumbs:

That scratches part of my equation. Is it possible that there could be illegal collections that circumvent the law? Over here a lot of states have strict rules on what can and can't be kept. A couple of years ago someone caught Pacu in a local pond! Different species, I know, but looking at what collectors will pay versus what inexperienced hobbyists have done to areas of environmental sensitivity, is not likely, possible, probable? :hmm:

Personally I think more reports can be put down to several factors. Possibly more wild cats breeding. Possibly cats getting more used to humans. Probably more people using the countryside for leisure purposes. More reports leads to more wishful thinking too!

What would you hypothesize for the general lack of mainstream evidence overall? :hmm:
I think rat attack,s account gives you part of the reason they are so aware of us, his sighting was twenty minutes ahead of the hounds and most sightings are fleeting so even if you have a camera by the time your brain digests what your eyes are telling it, it's gone again, trail camera,s are pretty new over here but there are a few reasonable shots appearing and as more people use them I think the evidence will grow same with thermal image,dash cams and drones

When I saw it mobile phones were still bricks and if they had a camera it was woeful!!

We saw it at about 100 yds for a few seconds so you wouldn't be able to get the phone out and camera on, even a new phones camera would struggle to get a decent pic at that range.

I used to subscribe to a magazine called fortean times as I had an interest in ABC's and cryptids in general,i kid you not they once forwarded a theory that the big black cats in the UK appeared from another realm,they were not of this world :blink:

i used to look at fortean times in whsmiths! used to be an interesting bit about wierd animals and the rest of it was crap! teleported by aliens ffs :)

• Like 1

i used to look at fortean times in whsmiths! used to be an interesting bit about wierd animals and the rest of it was crap! teleported by aliens ffs :)

Yeah,the animal articles were the meat of the mag,the rest started going a bit weird :laugh:

It's a very good point mackem & I think if they are out there, then it can only be a matter of time now, surely?? But I can't help thinking if Greyman had put those pictures up, then people would still dismiss it as bullshit, an escapee, a one off etc etc & then forget all about it! Haha....

....Some people just love to be 'right' too much, as you might of guessed on here! Haha....

• Like 2

anything named Fortean is named after a bloke called Henry fort I believe, he claimed that scientists were to quick to dismiss anything that fell outside the box or did,nt fit with there agenda so most things Fortean are about proving things that science refuses to except like big cats running loose in the uk, I believe his son or grandson still travels the world looking for animals that don't excist or are meant to be extinct, just to get the mystery going again what is this, I do know and will tell but interested to hear others points of view

post-102539-0-88178100-1498736131.jpg

anything named Fortean is named after a bloke called Henry fort I believe, he claimed that scientists were to quick to dismiss anything that fell outside the box or did,nt fit with there agenda so most things Fortean are about proving things that science refuses to except like big cats running loose in the uk, I believe his son or grandson still travels the world looking for animals that don't excist or are meant to be extinct, just to get the mystery going again what is this, I do know and will tell but interested to hear others points of view

Snow bengal ?

After chatting to a very well informed and long time stalker from Stroud , an area that has a lot of sightings about this subject, this is what he said . He went to a seminar run be the deer society, a guy presented some quite irrefutable evidence of big cats , and he and everyone else seemed to go away convinced of their existence.He hasn't seen any himself or any sign , but still has an open mind . I said with all the lamping and night vision shooting that goes on surely someone would have seen something, he said who says they haven't, put it this way , if a shepherd or a keeper saw one and he had a gun with him what would he do ? If he shot it , he couldn't tell anyone, because he wouldn't be allowed , so he's going to dig a big hole and keep shtumb .

• Like 1

After chatting to a very well informed and long time stalker from Stroud , an area that has a lot of sightings about this subject, this is what he said . He went to a seminar run be the deer society, a guy presented some quite irrefutable evidence of big cats , and he and everyone else seemed to go away convinced of their existence.He hasn't seen any himself or any sign , but still has an open mind . I said with all the lamping and night vision shooting that goes on surely someone would have seen something, he said who says they haven't, put it this way , if a shepherd or a keeper saw one and he had a gun with him what would he do ? If he shot it , he couldn't tell anyone, because he wouldn't be allowed , so he's going to dig a big hole and keep shtumb .

and that has happened on quite a few occasions, the people that do surveys on deer numbers use thermal imaging to count the head of deer and they also get to see what else is in the woods which is how they know of the cats excistance, I put this picture in the other thread but this Lynx was in a keepers freezer when his house was raided by the police he was accused of shooting birds of prey which is why he was raided, he said it was in his pheasant pens so he shot it this was in England, if you or anyone else you know do ever bag one you can send me a PM and I will have it collected there will be know comebacks or names mentioned and you will be payed, I would rather they were not shot but if they are I would rather it went for research than got burned or buried, it's fur would be examined for pollen samples to accertane were it had been and the stomach contents would be tested to see what it has been living on also be good to get a positive species I'd cheers

post-102539-0-02881100-1498751384_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic