if you think about all the hounds that run the uk i'm sure they would of stumbled on one by now.

I thought i saw one once on christmas day back in 1995ish walking the dog with my parents it was a large black animal didnt move like a dog but was the size of a lab (estimate) but who knows.

Most packs are Brocken to cats , they even keep them in the kennels by me (bad for PR) if they keep killing them . But you would have thought one might have broken cover and been spotted, maybe they are all up in the trees? But there are so many out at night with NV or lamping , I can't believe we haven't got one down yet . I makes me think they aren't out there.

On the nv etc debate . I've read about that, drones,lampers etc but how many people actually own NV,thermal , drones in comparison to the size of the UK . If all these gadgets had been around for 50 years widespread and we were like now( no confirmed sighting) then I'd agree but these things are relitevly new in the scene of things and with the whole woodland in the UK their area is probably a dot in comparison

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

if you think about all the hounds that run the uk i'm sure they would of stumbled on one by now.

I thought i saw one once on christmas day back in 1995ish walking the dog with my parents it was a large black animal didnt move like a dog but was the size of a lab (estimate) but who knows.

Most packs are Brocken to cats , they even keep them in the kennels by me (bad for PR) if they keep killing them . But you would have thought one might have broken cover and been spotted, maybe they are all up in the trees? But there are so many out at night with NV or lamping , I can't believe we haven't got one down yet . I makes me think they aren't out there.

On the nv etc debate . I've read about that, drones,lampers etc but how many people actually own NV,thermal , drones in comparison to the size of the UK . If all these gadgets had been around for 50 years widespread and we were like now( no confirmed sighting) then I'd agree but these things are relitevly new in the scene of things and with the whole woodland in the UK their area is probably a dot in comparison

The way I would answer about the NV question is like this , around my area nearly every field or wood is part of a shoot or has livestock that needs protection. A lot is keepered ground , if only half the shooters looking after the ground have NV that is still large swathes of the countryside being observed at night . Most keepers I know now have or have access to NV . Chances are if you are driving along and see the countryside those fields have someone shooting over them , or if not the boys with running dogs will be shining a beam over it now and then .

I know keepers that have seen big cats

Farmers that have seen big cats

Horsey people that have seen them

I did a mole job recently for a semi famous person near where i saw a big cat ten feet away

I asked her if she's seen them and she said she saw them exactly where I did

She said she didn't bother reporting it as no one would believe her

• Like 1

The way I would answer about the NV question is like this , around my area nearly every field or wood is part of a shoot or has livestock that needs protection. A lot is keepered ground , if only half the shooters looking after the ground have NV that is still large swathes of the countryside being observed at night . Most keepers I know now have or have access to NV . Chances are if you are driving along and see the countryside those fields have someone shooting over them , or if not the boys with running dogs will be shining a beam over it now and then .

Fair point well made. My thinking just comes from my area and obviously my area differs from yours. Not a vast amount of shoots round here at all. Mainly forestry and sheep/cow fields. Their has been a few sightings 5 miles from me over the years(my dad included) and I could well believe something could hide out there undetected . As for packs of hounds, I'm not sure how it works but possibly as soon as they smelt , heard or seen the hunt they may just bolt up a tree and people looking for foxes arnt really looking upwards most of the time of imagine .

I've never been out with the hunt and never seen how dogs would deal with a fox but what do you lot think would happen if they caught a big cat unawares . Would the pack destroy it or would a bigger aggressive cat put them on the backfoot

Fair point well made. My thinking just comes from my area and obviously my area differs from yours. Not a vast amount of shoots round here at all. Mainly forestry and sheep/cow fields. Their has been a few sightings 5 miles from me over the years(my dad included) and I could well believe something could hide out there undetected . As for packs of hounds, I'm not sure how it works but possibly as soon as they smelt , heard or seen the hunt they may just bolt up a tree and people looking for foxes arnt really looking upwards most of the time of imagine .

I've never been out with the hunt and never seen how dogs would deal with a fox but what do you lot think would happen if they caught a big cat unawares . Would the pack destroy it or would a bigger aggressive cat put them on the backfoot

i'd imagine they would just bay a big cat like the hounds do in africa

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic