Winter Coat

9 minutes ago, socks said:

I’ve got a pair now and find mine pretty good in the wet ?

Fair enough mate. Do you wash them in TX Direct or something similar? Were they the ones with the hytena reinforcing? Mine wee just the regular ones and I wash them normally and they were shite for water proofing within a season.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

I’m sorry have I given the impression I’m tough? Should I have made a threat? I’m new to this.

Talking of Altberg, I received these today. Just need to break them in for my little trip in a few months time....  

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Fair enough mate. Do you wash them in TX Direct or something similar? Were they the ones with the hytena reinforcing? Mine wee just the regular ones and I wash them normally and they were shite for water proofing within a season.

They have got the hytena on them and they just get a normal wash mate .......

31 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I had them ram trousers for 3 seasons an done me proud am kept wet out till I ripped em ☹️ One of the few things I’ve bought an beem more than happy with

merino beem our years I can remember coming in here for first time an reading about it, then seeing the socks in altberg the very next day an trying them since them Iv loved it an nowt compares to a merino base layer?

Talking of Altberg, I received these today. Just need to break them in for my little trip in a few months time....

2A44AD38-23ED-4AD8-9EC5-252E054BB7DF.jpeg

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What model they mate? I have to admit to wearing the defenders this past season an I honestly can’t fault them. When against the high motor boots Iv got here ? me lad had even bought himself a pair a defenders an said they as good as his lowa’s????????

£55 quid brand new, are they days off 250/300 quid boots gone? I don’t know but even the guy in altberg smirked when I mentioned it, he said loads a folk have changed to defenders ?

They are the Nordkapp. As you can maybe remember I have the Gamekeepers already, had Sneekers before and got a pair of their desert boots (mil surp) for summer kicking around too. I wanted these specifically for their A-form heel which is just a more snug fitting heel and as a lighter alpine style boot compared to the very bulky Gamekeeper. The Gamekeepers are fine and great for a hard day's work hunting but not sure I'd want to be wearing them day in day out.

A mate who I do the terriers with wears the Defenders and so does another mate I used to go beating with. Both rate them.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

I read about that a form heel, sounds good, I’ll have a look when I’m up there next an ye can let me know what ye think of them after a good using ? 

If I don't kill a tahr in May then they're shit and I want my money back. If I kill a big bull then best boots in the world! :laugh:

• Haha 2

aint any off you suffering from splits on each side of the front of the defenders above your toes in the crease.and at the back of the heel half way up in the crease.ive used loads of renapur but they still split.

6 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i am tempted to try and buy that new deerhunter jacket and pants.

been emailing deerhunter and they are quick to respond with answers.

get em bought ted.they are better on your body than on a coat hanger.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, king said:

get em bought ted.they are better on your body than on a coat hanger.

1/3 rd of the price sitka

i will get those VAT free but the postage could be the deal killer unless

i fly back this year..........fck knows

fill the pockets full of quavers lol

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

1/3 rd of the price sitka

i will get those VAT free but the postage could be the deal killer unless

i fly back this year..........fck knows

fill the pockets full of quavers lol

I don't have much experience with either of those brands but I still think I'd be investing in Sitka personally. The fact they are licensed to use genuine Gore Tex is a big deal in my mind.

PS Just seen Kuiu are gonna be at Jagd und Hund in Dortmund this week. Really looking forward to getting there this weekend to see their range in the flesh!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't have much experience with either of those brands but I still think I'd be investing in Sitka personally. The fact they are licensed to use genuine Gore Tex is a big deal in my mind.

PS Just seen Kuiu are gonna be at Jagd und Hund in Dortmund this week. Really looking forward to getting there this weekend to see their range in the flesh!

i have no chance of seeing any jackets of sitka,deerhunter or kuiu in the flesh.

whats the chances of you reporting back here if you get to see all 3 at the Jagd?

i am interested in sitka's wildfowling jackets boreal or the blizzard.these are a longer length jacket as the 'norm' over here

is for shorter lengths hunting jackets and i detest them

35 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i have no chance of seeing any jackets of sitka,deerhunter or kuiu in the flesh.

whats the chances of you reporting back here if you get to see all 3 at the Jagd?

i am interested in sitka's wildfowling jackets boreal or the blizzard.these are a longer length jacket as the 'norm' over here

is for shorter lengths hunting jackets and i detest them

I'll see what I can find mate. Difficult to give good advice without putting the stuff through the rigours for a season but I'll give my first impressions to you at least.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

I'll see what I can find mate. Difficult to give good advice without putting the stuff through the rigours for a season but I'll give my first impressions to you at least.

i would really appreciate your initial thoughts if you get to see any of the kit