Winter Coat

Anybody used SITKA or KUIU?

$230 (USD) for a genuine Gore-Tex hunting jacket! That's less than £170. Even $300 (£220) is good compared to similar products in the UK. Next time I'm in the US I'm making an effort to find a decent stockist and bring a load of stuff back. It's probably cheap enough to import even.

I hope the sizing is sensible.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

I’m sorry have I given the impression I’m tough? Should I have made a threat? I’m new to this.

Talking of Altberg, I received these today. Just need to break them in for my little trip in a few months time....  

Posted Images

Giving one of these Kuiu Guide Jackets a spin.

https://www.kuiu.com/global/hunting-jackets-vests/guide-dcs-jacket/50011.html?cgid=jackets-and-vests&dwvar_50011_color=Black%2FPhantom#start=1

Bit of bollock ache having to pay shipping and tax but if I like the stuff I'll be buying more over there and avoid all that. Apparently an 'athletic fit', which is brilliant news to my ears because most UK or even Scandi' stuff is made for giant fat b*****ds.

Their ordering process seems to deal with customs/taxes/currency for you too.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chilli said:

YOU WILL need to keep up with the waterproofing of these jackets with a dwr protector

Aye, but I've not really bought it as a waterproof jacket, just a fair weather outer. Certainly worth maintaining the DWR though. The other actual waterproof jackets have a waterproof membrane so the DWR only acts to enhance breath-ability by stopping 'wetting out'.

I'd always buy a GoreTex or similar lined jacket if I wanted proper waterproofing. :good:

• 6 months later...

Hi there!

Just joined this forum and was reading this thread to find recommendations for a birthday gift for my husband. I want to get him a nice winter coat for hunting, but have no idea about brands and what is crucial in a hunting coat (and want to keep it a surprise - so don't want to ask him or his friends). Last year I got him this coat -> https://equestrianco.com/products/walker-hawkes-mens-derby-shooting-hunting-ac-wool-jacket which he absolutely loves, but I think it is time to move somewhere more high end. Any recommendations? Would like something of a similar style. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2018 at 02:55, Born Hunter said:

Anybody used SITKA or KUIU?

$230 (USD) for a genuine Gore-Tex hunting jacket! That's less than £170. Even $300 (£220) is good compared to similar products in the UK. Next time I'm in the US I'm making an effort to find a decent stockist and bring a load of stuff back. It's probably cheap enough to import even.

I hope the sizing is sensible.

i am looking at sitka

there is a fair few yankee shops selling lines of sitka off 20% or more off

all the big sizes have been snapped up already.

word is sitka are bringing out a complete new line this year

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

i am looking at sitka

there is a fair few yankee shops selling lines of sitka off 20% or more off

all the big sizes have been snapped up already.

word is sitka are bringing out a complete new line this year

I think I'm going to stick with Kuiu myself. I'm due to be in the US in June so going to get a few bits ordered then.

On 17/01/2019 at 10:40, Born Hunter said:

I think I'm going to stick with Kuiu myself. I'm due to be in the US in June so going to get a few bits ordered then.

I've got an NCB donkey jacket I've had for 40 years. Shot hundreds of roe and it doubles as a wading jacket if I tuck it into my waders. Caught hundreds of salmon too.Every weight from 38 pounds down to 8 pounds. Kept me warm and dry. Field sports have become a fashion parade. Daft.

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I've got an NCB donkey jacket I've had for 40 years. Shot hundreds of roe and it doubles as a wading jacket if I tuck it into my waders. Caught hundreds of salmon too.Every weight from 38 pounds down to 8 pounds. Kept me warm and dry. Field sports have become a fashion parade. Daft.

Well done. I’ve shot plenty in a T-shirt. You buy what you want and I’ll buy what I know is best. Difference is I don’t give a f**k what others think is best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Well done. I’ve shot plenty in a T-shirt. You buy what you want and I’ll buy what I know is best. Difference is I don’t give a f**k what others think is best.

Have you been taking tough guy pills?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 2
34 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I didn't buy it I nicked it or rather did not hand it back when I left my employment. I figured nobody would want a second hand donkey jacket. I don't think quarry look at what you are wearing. No need to be shirty, pun intended.

3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I didn't buy it I nicked it or rather did not hand it back when I left my employment. I figured nobody would want a second hand donkey jacket. I don't think quarry look at what you are wearing. No need to be shirty, pun intended.

My clothing ain’t for my quarry, it’s for my own well-being. I don’t care to tell others what I think about their choice of clothing.

• Like 1