Winter Coat

Definetly not and don't know anyone who does after a few months...the trousers are good because they're comfy and warm but for 200 you'd expect them to be fully waterproof...and they're not

Definetly not and don't know anyone who does after a few months...the trousers are good because they're comfy and warm but for 200 you'd expect them to be fully waterproof...and they're not

To be honest I've tested the best in the worst conditions all over the world and not many are fully waterproof
That's true. Go down treforest chainsaw shop and have a look at the keela range....youl pick the jackets up for 135 if you shop about and they're as waterproof as iv used whilst being breathable

what they like for walking in you wont look like robbocop will you ?lol

Google them...they're quite light weight. The munro isn't the most expensive of the keela range either, never used any other keela coat and I wouldn't thought I'd get much better than the munro so I stick to that

looks ideal for lamping

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

I’m sorry have I given the impression I’m tough? Should I have made a threat? I’m new to this.

Talking of Altberg, I received these today. Just need to break them in for my little trip in a few months time....  

Posted Images

Iv a Munro here not my cup of tea ,black in large not wanted but don't think it be big enough for you deerman.

I'd look at the musto stuff if I was you . By far better than harkila

how do you know its not big enough for me mate ? :hmm: you got me thinking now lol

Whats musto stuff ?

Have a google .... pisses all over harkila ..saying that I use paramo and layers

tracked Astro today in the states......

Have a google .... pisses all over harkila ..saying that I use paramo and layers

tracked Astro today in the states......

good man you blown your cover now lol

f**k buying a massive jacket again, I'll never do it

Under armour or helly Hanson base layer under a t shirt

Mid layer soft shell type,

Thin Gortex on top

If your walking on fells you should be carrying a day sack anyway so strip , add accordingly

But for a jacket in "non tactical" environs etc , this takes some beating....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mountain+equipment+fitzroy&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

An unbelievable bit of kit

• Like 2

f**k buying a massive jacket again, I'll never do it

Under armour or helly Hanson base layer under a t shirt

Mid layer soft shell type,

Thin Gortex on top

If your walking on fells you should be carrying a day sack anyway so strip , add accordingly

But for a jacket in "non tactical" environs etc , this takes some beating....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mountain+equipment+fitzroy&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

An unbelievable bit of kit

:good:

Absolutely. I know a few folks are slagging Harkila and I don't rate their Pro Hunter jacket for the same reason. But their lighter single skin jackets seem very good. I'll never buy a jacket I expect to perform now unless it's Gore-Tex and of a tough single skin type design, probably front zip rather than smock too for better temp control. I've experienced what shit gear does in hill country in sideways snow and a couple hundred quid is f**k all when ya going through that shit!

Look for end of line deals, often save 100-150.

• 4 months later...

Had the much slagged off harkila pro hunter on today hound trailing on the fells. I wouldn’t have had anything else on. Protection was excellent in the worst weather, sleet, hail and a very cold wind, nowt got through and I walked about 10 miles. Superb on top of a layered system. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, cragman said:

Had the much slagged off harkila pro hunter on today hound trailing on the fells. I wouldn’t have had anything else on. Protection was excellent in the worst weather, sleet, hail and a very cold wind, nowt got through and I walked about 10 miles. Superb on top of a layered system. 

I think this is the trouble with most reviews people put on stuff for a day and rate it highly but it should come off the shelf doing what it says on the tin surely ? Its whether its still doing the job after abit of use is what interests me

The thin gortex top layer I suppose is great if your walking around doing fcuk all, but what about going through a bramble hedge backwards?? Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks fcuking useless for getting down & dirty amongst things?

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 11/25/2017 at 18:59, Accip74 said:

The thin gortex top layer I suppose is great if your walking around doing fcuk all, but what about going through a bramble hedge backwards?? Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks fcuking useless for getting down & dirty amongst things?

Layers are great and work..but so far I've found nothing that can handle the Brambles and gorse,  Im about to buy something new for my trips up north on the moors ferreting etc..And Wish I could choose. 

any clues ?

Sealand Eton Smock,...It's nice and lightweight,..feels good to wear (you will look like a Berber Nomad)...

.:hmm: Admittedly,..mine has never seen rain, as of yet,..but I'm out beating in the morning,..brambles and brash, heavy woodland,..plenty of rain forecast... 

Hopefully,  I'll be reet...:victory:

On 1/5/2018 at 19:13, Phil Lloyd said:

Sealand Eton Smock,...It's nice and lightweight,..feels good to wear (you will look like a Berber Nomad)...

.:hmm: Admittedly,..mine has never seen rain, as of yet,..but I'm out beating in the morning,..brambles and brash, heavy woodland,..plenty of rain forecast... 

Hopefully,  I'll be reet...:victory:

has the Sealand gear provided Dales weather protection?    so far I'm leaning towards Paramo Halcon. . . but I'm still open to suggestions.