Winter Coat

I'm in the market for a new winter coat for the up coming cold seasons.

I'll be mostly in a hide on the pigeons, walking the dog or rough shooting.

I've been looking at the deer hunter Muflon coats, can anyone give me a review on these or any other coats you recommend ?

Cheers,

Worz

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

I’m sorry have I given the impression I’m tough? Should I have made a threat? I’m new to this.

Talking of Altberg, I received these today. Just need to break them in for my little trip in a few months time....  

Posted Images

Got a harkila pro recently for next season. Lovely coat, quality. Previously I had an Aigle jacket for about 10 years. I had to bin it last year, it was failing on the shoulders.

Im looking at getting one of these for next season ...are they bulky mate as like a walk

Got a harkila pro recently for next season. Lovely coat, quality. Previously I had an Aigle jacket for about 10 years. I had to bin it last year, it was failing on the shoulders.

Im looking at getting one of these for next season ...are they bulky mate as like a walk
A little I'd say but not worn it in anger yet. I was with a guy on the fells last season and he had one on. The weather was atrocious. I asked him later back at the farm how it performed and he told me it was really good. Warm and waterproof. I'll let you and others know when I've worn it a few times ?

Thermal baselayer...lansdown medium weight fleece/jumper and a keeps munro jacket

Youl still have change from the price of harkila.

Harkila waterproof just doesn't last....having said that if bought 2 pairs of pro hunter trousers and just about to buy a 3rd,first pair was bought 6 years ago. They will let water in slightly so I either use duck dri leggings or keela rainlife leggings over the top...both cheap yet quality in wet weather.

• Like 1

Thermal baselayer...lansdown medium weight fleece/jumper and a keeps munro jacket

Youl still have change from the price of harkila.

Harkila waterproof just doesn't last....having said that if bought 2 pairs of pro hunter trousers and just about to buy a 3rd,first pair was bought 6 years ago. They will let water in slightly so I either use duck dri leggings or keela rainlife leggings over the top...both cheap yet quality in wet weather.

so you dont recommend the jacket ? i got 2 pairs of the trousers had them few years now ,but dont do nothing heavy in them just use them when lamping from motor

Definetly not and don't know anyone who does after a few months...the trousers are good because they're comfy and warm but for 200 you'd expect them to be fully waterproof...and they're not

Definetly not and don't know anyone who does after a few months...the trousers are good because they're comfy and warm but for 200 you'd expect them to be fully waterproof...and they're not

To be honest I've tested the best in the worst conditions all over the world and not many are fully waterproof

• Like 1

To be honest I've tested the best in the worst conditions all over the world and not many are fully waterproof

That's true. Go down treforest chainsaw shop and have a look at the keela range....youl pick the jackets up for 135 if you shop about and they're as waterproof as iv used whilst being breathable

That's true. Go down treforest chainsaw shop and have a look at the keela range....youl pick the jackets up for 135 if you shop about and they're as waterproof as iv used whilst being breathable

what they like for walking in you wont look like robbocop will you ?lol

what they like for walking in you wont look like robbocop will you ?lol

Google them...they're quite light weight. The munro isn't the most expensive of the keela range either, never used any other keela coat and I wouldn't thought I'd get much better than the munro so I stick to that