Whippets Preban

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whippets are for real hunters that want to catch small prey rabbits ect, not for the big ruffty tuffty hunter thats trying to get bigger game like an internet ego.

Lol I've had a few whippets over the years, all pure whippet, but only two not being kc registered. And when out in the field, all of them being afraid of nothing, and keen as f**k to get at and get

1/2whippet in this we bitch and she is deadly on the rabbits don't think I would be without a dog with whippet in it for the rabbits

Posted Images

I no it's been done to death but did many people run whippets on ,fox,hare,what ever I no there a little small but having had two bull whippets myself I just wanted to see other people's outings or views and I no horses for courses just curious to hear thanks .

A little look at the ped whippet at 13.48, after the first run they give more law to the hare, no kick ups for these little dogs :thumbs: .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1RB7df9b88&t=885s

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's not the size of the dog in the right it's the size of the fight in the dog and I know for a fact there's whippets out there capable of a lot more than what most people they are, hardy little dogs that can be psychopathic if bred right

• Like 1

I no it's been done to death but did many people run whippets on ,fox,hare,what ever I no there a little small but having had two bull whippets myself I just wanted to see other people's outings or views and I no horses for courses just curious to hear thanks .

A little look at the ped whippet at 13.48, after the first run they give more law to the hare, no kick ups for these little dogs :thumbs: .

All that clip proves is that they can catch a hare if they are up and on it quick ... as the course went on the dogs faded ......

A little look at the ped whippet at 13.48, after the first run they give more law to the hare, no kick ups for these little dogs :thumbs: .
o

All that clip proves is that they can catch a hare if they are up and on it quick ... as the course went on the dogs faded ......

I think it all depends what sort of ground your working doesn't it, everyone knows the saluki grey is favourited by the majority for hares however if all you do is mooch around plantations you'll have much more success with a whippet, is say there's better crosses for everything than the whippet but abit of whippet blood in a lurcher can go a long way

• Like 1

It's not the size of the dog in the right it's the size of the fight in the dog and I know for a fact there's whippets out there capable of a lot more than what most people they are, hardy little dogs that can be psychopathic if bred right

i had a bitch tiny little thing thing around 20" tts she was just a rabbiting dog when I had her fast little dog I wouldn't of putter down as a prolific bunny catcher but she picked a few up i doubled her up on few Charlie and she would get stuck in like a goodun only down fall she was too timid for me car door would bang and she wud be off

You have be realistic where whippets are concerned,...they are, what they are, and they do, what they do... :yes:

For close quarter,..bust to bush, .rabbiting tasks,..they really do take some beating....

Their basic strike is quicksilver and their physical reactions, towards a fleeing target, are truly phenomenal...

I've kept a few whippets,..both the Pure -bred, Pedigree stock and the fabulous, Hard Blood, non-peds....

Great wee jukels,...they take some beating, quietly waiting on,.up behind a bury,....but,...ya gotta be realistic..... :thumbs:

• Like 4

I've been meaning to put that clip up for a while. I was there on the Tuesday at Hilborough. The finals of those pures were run on the Thursday at Six mile bottom. I cant help feel a tad embarrassed for those Deerhounds though..

• Like 3