K5 Virus Finally Struck?

Just been to a property I keep for winter hunting where usually easily pull 20 rabbits for the afternoon.Dog frantically going from warren to warren with no mark, all lifeless.Dog caught one rabbit on edge of property.I come here every few weeks during the cooler months,not this year.Been hunting here for 7 years and never seen it like this,so puting it down to K5.Other spots also have low numbers.In central tablelands nsw,once a mecca for rabbit hunters,now a nightmare area for farmers with loads of hungry foxes decimating livestock and native wildlife,You wonder what the people who released this virus were thinking.

• Like 1

Just been to a property I keep for winter hunting where usually easily pull 20 rabbits for the afternoon.Dog frantically going from warren to warren with no mark, all lifeless.Dog caught one rabbit on edge of property.I come here every few weeks during the cooler months,not this year.Been hunting here for 7 years and never seen it like this,so puting it down to K5.Other spots also have low numbers.In central tablelands nsw,once a mecca for rabbit hunters,now a nightmare area for farmers with loads of hungry foxes decimating livestock and native wildlife,You wonder what the people who released this virus were thinking.

If you were only going out and getting twenty rabbits . Makes you wonder how much of a problem they really were , ??? Certainly not in my book , if there's easy prey for foxes , they will catch it , and some of your native wildlife could go the same way as there cousins ,

• Like 1

Funny the sheep farmers spread myxi here to stop certain people lamping and coursing. They hunt hares mainly, when the myxi hit this last year the foxes were coming from everywhere when I was calling them. Had 15 sets of eyes staring back at one night with a couple of squeals. Coincided right with the lambing. Foxes were starving and sprinting to you when they were called. These diseases totally mess up the balance.

• Like 1

Money !!!! alway comes down to money. Their playing with fire.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2