What 4X4 Is Everyone Using For Shooting Or With Dogs Or Just Genrule Hunting / Off Roading

14 minutes ago, Francie said:

Haha greyman, how the feck did you end up in there?

I  Was discreetly sneaking out of a large private estate I,ve been snooping round for the last 8months when the bank gave way, the guy that owns all the land was very decent about the whole thing and I am now allowed to park on his driveway and have a 1000 acres of pristine  English woodland for my cameras to go up in, he even towed my truck into his farmyard when I got it out and let me keep it there for a couple of weeks until I sold it, every cloud and all that, 

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had this over 20 years. Best £450 ever spent     

I decided to go for an Isuzu.....picked it up yesterday

Heres a good un for stubbles lol

Posted Images

• 8 months later...
On 13/04/2020 at 12:11, twelsh said:

Got 1998 Forester been through some stuff now going to try  2005 Forester 

1043459E-A6B7-4C98-92E2-2709B1E4F7CC.jpeg

B5A11BBA-E8A4-4797-96AB-8C4B0CA30707.jpeg

Both brilliant motors are 2003 has been through the wars and is still going strong although a few knocks ?

180000 plus on clock 

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I killed the ranger? few months an a few thousand hard mile an it’s went kapoot, left it with a mechanic mate whilst I’m away for a week to see if he can revive her ?if he can then ranger wins for me so far out all the ones iv tried the mk2 ranger willl take some beating ?

The f**k do you do to a truck if it only has to survive two months to be a winner!? :laugh:

18 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Well if it’s dead it’s dead ?but if it lives on I’ll be impressed mate, only bad’ish thing about it is the fuel an I can live with that if it keeps going, seems to be easy to fix an get parts for tho compared to a lot of others iv tried, deffo lot more practical than a lot iv tried, the 4x4 system works great, never been stuck even tho me an my lad have tried, a few times? been dead easy to teach the kids how to drive it, took a newer limited one for a spin an tbh I didn’t like it, I’ll prob have more of these mk2 ones if the prices don’t go any higher Cos it looks like few folk are catching onto them an paying good money for em☹️

Remind me to never let you behind the wheel of anything I own! :laugh:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Never had one them for a real good testing, let me know if you ever up here ? know few folk with them for general all round motors an they seem happy with them, mate got newish disco tho an it’s poop, looks great and drives well he reckons but problem after problem with it 

Mines all battered and bruised from my wreckless behaviour. Not all body-parts are original :laugh:

I've done nearly 100k in it since I bought it at 39k and I think it's a great motor tbh. I want to buy something new and shiny but I can't fault this and I 'know' the motor now so when suspension parts go it's straightforward to fit replacements.

If it had another two inch ground clearance it'd make a hell of a difference in the ruts though but the traction control is pretty good.

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Guy on fb sells the risers/lift kits for them all, I wanted some on mine but turns out it already got em ?? shows how much I know ? 

my advice is stick with what you know or get a second motor too keep shiny iv bought a few an got rid of ole reliable ones Cos I thought it time to upgrade an never once been happy ☹️

It'll need a new set of ATs this winter and I was think of going up a size to give an extra inch on the tyres radius and then fitting a spacer lift to the struts to give a bit more. Then yeah, maybe do as you say keep it for what it's for and get a clean hatchback for nice.

Edited by Born Hunter
On 19/08/2020 at 13:20, W. Katchum said:

Well if it’s dead it’s dead ?but if it lives on I’ll be impressed mate, only bad’ish thing about it is the fuel an I can live with that if it keeps going, seems to be easy to fix an get parts for tho compared to a lot of others iv tried, deffo lot more practical than a lot iv tried, the 4x4 system works great, never been stuck even tho me an my lad have tried, a few times? been dead easy to teach the kids how to drive it, took a newer limited one for a spin an tbh I didn’t like it, I’ll prob have more of these mk2 ones if the prices don’t go any higher Cos it looks like few folk are catching onto them an paying good money for em☹️

Those wheels and tyres your running on will be the killer on mpg with your truck Don,but if it is dead then break it on the FB groups and you should make even on it for what you paid for it.Engine and box is worth £300+ export alone,£150 back axle,window winder motors will sell easy if they all work(common fault,plastic cogs that wear out),those wheels and tyres will fit most jap 4x4's and the lift kit for the back axle will sell to (the front is just lifted by turning the torsion bar),wings,doors and tail gate if all good will be wanted by someone to...

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, lllluke1 said:

Jeep Cherokee. Can't fault it off road, gone places I shouldn't of and got out.  Only downside is price of parts, £75 for rear wheel bearing, that hurt lol

Them cherokees and grand cherokees get everywhere, the one I had 2.5td was a brilliant off roader but its was just fault after fault so sold it  

Not had an off roader as good yet though. My pal had the 4.0l GC which was also good and more reliable just drank like an alcoholic