Folding Bikes

I want to buy a folding bike but i have no idea what sort to have , i am six feet tall and weigh 14 stone nearly 70 and quite fit , i need one so i can park my vehicle and cycle to places that intrest me.

i bought a brill bike , last year its a (Giant ) 20 gears cost £ 300 quid , not fold up just norm bike .But its just great to ride straight handle bars , and light bike to handle about. i am bit like you and bit lighter 65 this year , and 13 st i do 8 mile every day, if its not pissing own , i am still fit and strong for my age , biking great to keep fit. get a Giant norm Bike , you will really enjoy it deff :thumbs::yes: any more info pm me .

I think he wants a folder to fit in back of his car.

:thumbs: yeh true, was just trying to get him the deal for his money for a bike .

Ray what kind of giant is it, there real good bikes, hydraulic brakes?

similar to this but £ 300 last year

ESCAPE 3 2016

£299

2016_Giant_Escape_3_Blue.jpg?height=600&

• Like 1

Car bike racks are great but its just the hassle factor. It only takes a minute to pop on but its still a pain by the time you get it out the shed and get the straps all tangled though you do get some that clamp on the tow hitch. Then when you get where your going you have to take it off and stick it in the car and then out and back on unless it locks some how.

Then you have the wheels off option which is still a pain even though it only takes seconds and then you got oily bits to stuff in your car. So that leaves the folder. Never tried one but I do keep my eyes open for one because i think it might be better option and you can just leave in the car most the time maybe.

Like any bike avoid the cheap rubbish and better off getting a good used one. Shame you don't know any one that has one for a look see

Edited by terryd

I wouldn't buy a new bike loads of decent second hand about, I bought a road bike for £30, a Barry Hoban gents tourer from 1980s rides like a dream on a road £35 ,my retro hardtail specialized Mtb was £70 ,

Quite right, the second hand market is better than ever. I got a 2 year old Mercedes Benz bycicle here for a 100 euros, original price was 1300! ;-)

• Like 2

I wouldn't buy a new bike loads of decent second hand about, I bought a road bike for £30, a Barry Hoban gents tourer from 1980s rides like a dream on a road £35 ,my retro hardtail specialized Mtb was £70 ,

Quite right, the second hand market is better than ever. I got a 2 year old Mercedes Benz bycicle here for a 100 euros, original price was 1300! ;-)

Yeah bought a jump bike for £70 and had to resist a Saracen one for just over a hundred , ran out of room lol

I want to buy a folding bike but i have no idea what sort to have , i am six feet tall and weigh 14 stone nearly 70 and quite fit , i need one so i can park my vehicle and cycle to places that intrest me.

i bought a brill bike , last year its a (Giant ) 20 gears cost £ 300 quid , not fold up just norm bike .But its just great to ride straight handle bars , and light bike to handle about. i am bit like you and bit lighter 65 this year , and 13 st i do 8 mile every day, if its not pissing own , i am still fit and strong for my age , biking great to keep fit. get a Giant norm Bike , you will really enjoy it deff :thumbs::yes: any more info pm me .

:thumbs: yeh true, was just trying to get him the deal for his money for a bike .

similar to this but £ 300 last year ESCAPE 3 2016

£299

Tidy bike ray, is that slim wheels or mountain wheels mate, how do you rate it against a suspension bike, is she quick lol

£299

Tidy bike ray, is that slim wheels or mountain wheels mate, how do you rate it against a suspension bike, is she quick lol

its slim wheels, mine is a road bike , so narrow tyres with 18 gears , and like most road bikes being honest , they are not over comfortable . i do 8 miles every day as by me there lot of hills , i can do 12 mile or more if i wanted ,but it fooks my lower back up, so it s either 8 mile on flat road on none at all.. i tell you what though , you get nice bit of speed straight road, bloody hell you can knock some speed up, ive scared me self few times :D . for me its just to keep bit fit in the summer, as i keep fit in the winter with my dog, and for me age 65 this august , i not doing to bad for a old fecker lol :thumbs:

• Like 1

We get a lot of it at work folk come in park there car in the bottom bay furthest from anybody whip out a fold away bike and cycle in to Edinburgh . They must save a lot on parking the run the risk in the traffic

£299

its slim wheels, mine is a road bike , so narrow tyres with 18 gears , and like most road bikes being honest , they are not over comfortable . i do 8 miles every day as by me there lot of hills , i can do 12 mile or more if i wanted ,but it fooks my lower back up, so it s either 8 mile on flat road on none at all.. i tell you what though , you get nice bit of speed straight road, bloody hell you can knock some speed up, ive scared me self few times :D . for me its just to keep bit fit in the summer, as i keep fit in the winter with my dog, and for me age 65 this august , i not doing to bad for a old fecker lol :thumbs:

Fairplay to you ray, an thanks for the info mate.