Saudi Football Team

They are the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the world but all the big boys turn a blind eye because they have oil and money an things will never change

I have some good news, not the best but better than a kick in the teeth.

The Saudi's are entirely reliant on oil to pay huge social benefits and subsidies to their population, they might be able to extract oil cheap but they need a lot more than $50 dollars a barrel to survive for more than a few years. The US fracking industry makes the USA the new swing producer. Saudi can't manipulate the oil prices in the way it could in the 70s, if they cut the US will crank up drilling faster than you can blink, if Saudi increases production the Shale producers can go bankrupt and wait in the wings for the next cut (that already happened). No matter what the Saudi's do oil prices wont increase much above $50 for a long time and that means Saudi is burning through it's foreign currency reserves, they will have to privatize ARAMCO to survive in the long term but they're still in the sh*t. The west might have turned a blind eye while they can take the money from Saudi but Saudi doesn't hold all the cards anymore and they might be in trouble soon plus they have to deal with a resurgent Iran. Other countries is the sh*t are Russian and much of the other OPEC countries baring Iran which has just been released from sanctions. I think they are going to get their just deserts ;)

20170529_saudi.jpg

• Like 2

And FIFA / UEFA banned our national teams from wearing poppies , which was / is a respect to every soldier who paid the ultimate sacrifice in war , let's see how they respond too this . . Nothing will be said / done I'd bet !!

• Like 1

They are the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the world but all the big boys turn a blind eye because they have oil and money an things will never change

I have some good news, not the best but better than a kick in the teeth.

The Saudi's are entirely reliant on oil to pay huge social benefits and subsidies to their population, they might be able to extract oil cheap but they need a lot more than $50 dollars a barrel to survive for more than a few years. The US fracking industry makes the USA the new swing producer. Saudi can't manipulate the oil prices in the way it could in the 70s, if they cut the US will crank up drilling faster than you can blink, if Saudi increases production the Shale producers can go bankrupt and wait in the wings for the next cut (that already happened). No matter what the Saudi's do oil prices wont increase much above $50 for a long time and that means Saudi is burning through it's foreign currency reserves, they will have to privatize ARAMCO to survive in the long term but they're still in the sh*t. The west might have turned a blind eye while they can take the money from Saudi but Saudi doesn't hold all the cards anymore and they might be in trouble soon plus they have to deal with a resurgent Iran. Other countries is the sh*t are Russian and much of the other OPEC countries baring Iran which has just been released from sanctions. I think they are going to get their just deserts ;)

20170529_saudi.jpg

didn't attenborougher say they running a bit slim on water also ?

Yes mate, I was told that they were pumping water from wells to irrigate some crop that uses a lot of water and that has caused them a lot of problems, they have desalination plants along the coast and they can use their oil to run them but that's no good for the interior of the country unless they pipe it miles across the desert. I don't know much about that side of things. They are also in some massive spat with Qatar Iran & Turkey which isn't going to help matters.

It's one country I would love to see get a bit of 'arab spring' treatment lol