• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously, IF you can do less work, for more money,...that makes good business sense........

I've heard about this group. I'm refusing to look, it'll wind me up. 100+ eh, someone can't tell the difference between a wasps and a bee me thinks.

I got a queen in my pint last Friday tea time sat in the garden.

Posted Images

People see wasps, they panic, they call the well-known R company, happy at the time to pay due to fear.

Bet loads of people pay it without question, and even if they do then check with a local pestie who charges £50. Some will think the local chap must be a cowboy only changing a quarter of the price, IMO

Spoke with one of the Technicians at the big R company today. He told me that they are charging £200 for a wasp nest this year :icon_eek:

:hmm:Obviously, IF you can do less work, for more money,...that makes good business sense........

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

Spoke with one of the Technicians at the big R company today. He told me that they are charging £200 for a wasp nest this year :icon_eek:

:hmm:Obviously, IF you can do less work, for more money,...that makes good business sense,...but,.....by treating, hundreds and hundreds of wasp nests, per season,..as opposed to constantly bragging about the mere handful, done for a handsome profit,...you do encounter,.. a hell of a lot of different people... :yes:

Many of these folk, will have relatives,.friends and neighbours,..and as such, .they might also have other 'pest problems' that require fixing...

I found that, back in the day,....when I was controlling, all kinds of insects and bugs, plus numerous wild critters,...it always paid to treat potential customers, as fairly as possible...These folk always remember the guy, who went that extra mile,...and it is their loyalty that keeps, the wolf from the door and insures your survival, in an overcrowded profession...I'm happy with the nominal fee that I charge,. I would like some more vonga, of course,.but,.better to get some money,.than no fecking money :thumbs:

"Please take a seat...." :laugh:

Picture%20012_1.jpg

​Phil if I lend you my new bee suit can you sit in that chair to see if its fit for purpose :thumbs:

• Like 1

Of the 100 crop species that provide 90 percent of the world’s food, more than 70 percent are pollinated by bees, the U.N. report said.

It takes 500 trips to a flower to create 1 teaspoon of honey if bees can steal it they will. The problem is that if a colony is treated with insecticide all the bees will die and the honeycomb then gets contaminated. This then becomes a seriously damaging situation, other bees steel the honey and fly it back to their colony which will kill the bees when they eat it.

If the bees robbing the honey are from beekeepers hives, the insecticide can be transferred into honey intended for human consumption which is not a safe situation and one we all need to be worried about. The legislation states that this must not be done and can result in fines of £25,000.

Edited by Dirksdonuts

Of the 100 crop species that provide 90 percent of the world’s food, more than 70 percent are pollinated by bees, the U.N. report said.

It takes 500 trips to a flower to create 1 teaspoon of honey if bees can steal it they will. The problem is that if a colony is treated with insecticide all the bees will die and the honeycomb then gets contaminated. This then becomes a seriously damaging situation, other bees steel the honey and fly it back to their colony which will kill the bees when they eat it.

If the bees robbing the honey are from beekeepers hives, the insecticide can be transferred into honey intended for human consumption which is not a safe situation and one we all need to be worried about. The legislation states that this must not be done and can result in fines of £25,000.

And they will leave no stone unturned ;) .... unless able to remove the colony (at great expense to the property owner if its high up on a stack) best left well alone is the conclusion.

• Like 1

The discount pest control facebook group wasp nest count now has some people on 100+ !!!!

Hi Dido that figure is the running total for everyone on the forum who decides to keep it up to date. Todays figure is around 304 but remember thats for everyone not individuals

Most people are saying its a slow start.

got them in me garden shed , carnt really see the nest as such, but they showing alot of interest in the top of the shed, not a swam as such , but deff a dozen or so , been feckin stung twice going in/out of shed .They deff hanging about in there , doors been open alot while ive been garden , got a bloke coming round tomorrow to have a look.

got them in me garden shed , carnt really see the nest as such, but they showing alot of interest in the top of the shed, not a swam as such , but deff a dozen or so , been feckin stung twice going in/out of shed .They deff hanging about in there , doors been open alot while ive been garden , got a bloke coming round tomorrow to have a look.

Wasps don't swarm like bees, there will be a nest somewhere if your seeing that many

• Like 1