Show Us Ya Gundogs

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'm enjoying bringing on this soft arse Cocker I've relied on this little bitch for everything from beating, rough shooting and vermin for many years and she's turned plenty of heads too.

A couple photos of her in her youth.

post-3173-0-99802300-1499459242_thumb.jpg

post-3173-0-18337300-1499459254_thumb.jpg

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 12

We've got a new cocker she is a lovely dog and I am going to look forward to training her, she is highly responsive and very focused on me and just loves to hunt and looks to me for her fun but we're taking it easy this time....lots of bonding and fun and the serious stuff will be left till she is older. The squeaky ball I keep in my pocket is gold dust, she is hardly allowed it :D The only pic I have of her at the mo is with my daughter but she is a little cracker...I will be happy when the teething stops though because it's getting a but tiring!

phoebe%20%26%20Lady.JPG

• Like 4

Run out of likes mate. I got this lad at ten month. I'm not keen on puppies if I can avoid it. Ha

I'm sure you'll do fine.

Believe me I tried to get a part trained bitch but they are like hens teeth and if you could get one you would pay crazy money.

We fell on our feet with this little bitch, she is a fun dog and a pleasure to spend time with already I think she is probably bomb proof, I wanted to see how she reacted to loud noises and had the compressor running for a while and she didn't blink an eye. We'll just be happy with a rough shooting dog, nothing fancy and I am not interested in big shoots...ideally we'll get a few hundred acres to shoot over and just have a bit of fun with her. I would also like to breed with her so we have a second generation and pass on the lines.

p.s the wife things she is training her but that isn't true lol

BH Can I ask how much does you lad weight roughly now? this one is 5 months old and 7-8Kg already which is quite a shock for such a little dog....wondering how much growing she has in her, I guess at 9 months you will see the rough size?

Most small breeds will be about full grown by 9 month yeah. My lad is 13kg last I weighed him. Slim build but hard muscled. Seen some cockers that were right lumps and equally some that were terrier sized. My lad has turned out very nice.

He was given to me by a mate having come into his kennels because the original owner reckoned the pup needed shooting at nine month. Lol, f***ing idiot!

• Like 2

Most small breeds will be about full grown by 9 month yeah. My lad is 13kg last I weighed him. Slim build but hard muscled. Seen some cockers that were right lumps and equally some that were terrier sized. My lad has turned out very nice.

He was given to me by a mate having come into his kennels because the original owner reckoned the pup needed shooting at nine month. Lol, f***ing idiot!

My mate has 2 dogs from Openshaw lines which were supposed to be useless and turned out to brilliant dogs, he has now bred a litter and has a third. Seems people don't like to admit the human part of the equation.

That's a hell of a weight though bud, My Lab is a 33 KG big long legged Drakeshead, this cocker looks so tiny until you pick her up and realise she weighs a fair old bit lol I guess she still has a little way to go :)

Think we'll take her to a place which is rammed with phessies to see how interested she is in the scent, I have watched her go from sight to nose recently so has changed her hunting patterns

All of my mates had springers, it was only when I started shooting over here that I saw what cockers were like, after getting one I have to admit they are amazing dogs with a very special temperament especially after watching Edward Martin's videos. He calls them little people, still not sure about that but this one is very biddable but at the same time crazy...it's not the dog I imagined having but I love taking her out :)

I'm sold on cockers, I hope we have a few more in our lives :)

• Like 1

Nice spaniels gents! More welcome...

I know spaniels knock spots off of those useless labs, LOL LOL, but let's see some other breeds too.

Here's a lab with the spots already knocked of ..no need to tie it down on the peg , comes back when you want it to ,STOPS when told ...etc etc ...??post-81636-0-32311500-1497076006_thumb.jpg
  • Like 5