A 30 Year Wait !!!

Morning all, first post and it's a bit of along one so here goes, I have been lurking around the site for a while now as I am shortly due to retire and looking for a bit of help and advice and a few pointers from you lads on acquiring my first Lurcher after owning a beddy/whippet x collie/whippet over 30 years ago.

I must confess to initially being interested in the Hancock Lurchers but after digging a bit deeper and reading through several threads quickly decided against it as it seems the parents are not true working dogs so possibly lacking in a strong prey drive !( no offence intended to anybody who owns one but it's just not for me).

I also looked at Burrels website and though it appears that the pups are from a working background I was surprised at the difference in the appearance of the litters considering they have supposedly been line bred for centuries and breed true to type??? So again that's a no no, so it seems the best way to go is for a pup from good working parents so thought I would ask on here.

I must admit to having a soft spot for a beddy/collie type dog and I would be very interested to know if any of you lads know of any litters coming up in the near future ,ideally I would be looking for a beddy/greyhound x collie/greyhound or something very similar.

Due to my work commitments I felt it unfair to keep a working dog in the past as both my wife and I have always worked so I am looking forward to retiring and owning another Lurcher .

Many thanks in advance and all the best.

Steve

• Like 5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pup 12 months old today 

Sussed it I think!

Pup now six months old

Posted Images

I would nt get caught up to much in lines and breeding to be honest. If the sire and dam graft and its only for a bit of mooching then just rear it well and put loads of time into the first 12 months and no doubt the hard work will pay off

• Like 2

Beddy grey x Wheaton greys on for sale sight mate both parents grafting. Should make handy dogs. If I hadn't just got another I'd have had one of them myself. Got 2 saluki bull greys now. A handy lurcher x

My bitch as just had a litter

The dams a collie/greyhound x whippet/greyhound with a small bit of deerhound in there way back in her breeding

The sire is a bedlington x greyhound

There should be a few dog pups available

• Like 2

Beddy grey x Wheaton greys on for sale sight mate both parents grafting. Should make handy dogs. If I hadn't just got another I'd have had one of them myself. Got 2 saluki bull greys now. A handy lurcher x

seen them he was selling them for 300 now he's wanting 100 for them cause thete no selling lol
  • Like 2

All the best with your search mate I used to have dogs with similar breeding did well for me very loyal dog wasn't a world beater but he gave me many days and night of good hunting I took take him out on the lamp have a nice bag he would pull me the odd deer pull the odd fox and work with terriers and also ferreting ?

• Like 2

My bitch as just had a litter

The dams a collie/greyhound x whippet/greyhound with a small bit of deerhound in there way back in her breeding

The sire is a bedlington x greyhound

There should be a few dog pups available

Thanks for the reply, can I ask when they're due and where you're based? Thanks
  • Like 1

My bitch is due in 2 weeks first x beddy grey and the sire is a first x collie gray both good working dogs can keep you in mind if you want if all goes to plan.

Many thanks for the kind offer,can I ask where about you are? Cheers

seen them he was selling them for 300 now he's wanting 100 for them cause thete no selling lol
he also has a litter of 3/4 saluki 1/4 greyhound on pets4homes, am sure its the same guy