Wasps.. Preferred Weapon Of Choice ?

Guest vin

Hello all.

I've been using a Dustick with the 4 extension poles etc etc for the last 2 seasons..Also had a DR5 and one of those little hand-held green bulbs with a longer tube on etc etc.

I'm just gearing up with new equipment and wondering what you chaps use ? I'm considering a DR5 or one of those B+G mini dusters (hand held) Or something along those lines for the up close and personal stuff...lol.

I've already got the Dustik as my main go to piece of equipment.

atb

Vin

Ive a dr5 which is my go-to, and like you, a dustick and green bulb as well. I really like my dustick as a back up, its a bit of a fanny on but it comes in handy for high spots. As everyone who has used knows though, its a bugger for the nozzle getting caught in cracks.

My dr5 has blocked up constantly so far this year. I'm using a long flexi nossel and Vulcan dust. I've had blockages in the nossel and in the poles. The dust seems dry not a clue what's going wrong

Dr5 with a 5 foot extension so I don't have to get to close. Dido, I found Vulcan dust a bit cloggy, don't overfill the duster and put a golf ball in the tank.

Mine at work had a golf ball and one of those steel rods out of a rat bait box to help keep it mixed up..heheheee. . . . I kid you not..Its how it was given to me and it worked perfectly.

My dr5 has blocked up constantly so far this year. I'm using a long flexi nossel and Vulcan dust. I've had blockages in the nossel and in the poles. The dust seems dry not a clue what's going wrong

Could be condensation- hot dust and cold nozzle or cold dust and hot nozzle ??

I use DR5, have a XL8 and a bulb duster. Xl8 is great, bit of faffing to set up and put away, going into 3rd season and has just started to puff powder out into the poles from the union between main delivery tube and the pipe that attaches to the nozzle which is probably just a bit of wear and needs a few inches cutting back to get a good fit. The xl8 provides a bit of a show for the client and give impression of being professional and not something any Tom Dick or Harry would have or could do.

DR5 is all you need, all I've used for 10 yrs. only needs a golf ball or stones in the tank and a quick shake upside down to keep the powder agitated. Never really had a problem with ficam in it, the permethrin powders seemed to clog up more when I used them.

Done nests in dormer windows 2 floors up from ground level with no problem with clogging.

Edited by ratattack
  • Like 1