Human Aggressive Russell

A man biter is a child biter. Accident waiting to happen unless it's a guard dog in a compound or a one man dog protecting a house if it's biting family then it should be put down.

Not at all even some good yard dogs won't even look at a child I've had dogs for all kinds of jobs obviously common sense is used but if one even looked at a child funny my own or not I'd take pleasure in putting it in a hole.

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all Who ever chucks a dog out a window for what ever reason wants a f***ing bullet in their head, 99.9% of the time how the dogs turn out is down to the f***ing retards that are so called dog

My Ma's got Staff with a drop of Russell, evil doesn't cover it! Know a lot of Russells over the years who would happily bite strangers and a few who would happily bite anyone. I think it adds charac

Cant for the life of me understand why anyone would tolerate a man biter,no matter how good a working dog......its a cull.

I'd hardley think the dog needs to be pts.he's a very friendly dog to my family.just hates strangers.I live on acreage and work him by myself and you know no ones going to pinch the other dogs out of the ute.It's become a sad world when we destroy anything dangerous to people(tigers,crocs etc) just don't go near them.I've got two pit cross bulldogs which i bred to guard that would deff have you should you threaten my family,and rightly so.I don't condone having insane vicious dogs.but surely our dogs are right in protecting their owners or property.

I don't have a problem with a dog protecting owners/property,I just couldn't live with the "what if,s" ie a gate/door accidently left open and kids got friends round etc.A pal of mine had a ridgeback years ago didn't like strangers and managed a "nip" here or there,one day it turned on his wife,she ended up needing her hand sewn back together....jmo, its your dog ....

Never had a problem with my dogs biting legitimate visitors, they don't.They know the difference between people there on a friendly basis and thieving tresspassers.If you get bitten on my property bad luck, you shouldn't be there.If,say a kid sticks its head over your fence and your cattle dog etc bites it, there's nothing the law can do here,the dogs on its own property.

Edited by Aussie Whip

Never had a problem with my dogs biting legitimate visitors, they don't.They know the difference between people there on a friendly basis and thieving tresspassers.If you get bitten on my property bad luck, you shouldn't be there.If,say a kid sticks its head over your fence and your cattle dog etc bites it, there's nothing the law can do here,the dogs on its own property.

Theres nothing the law can do.... yet....they couldn't here till not so long ago.I don't think knowing it was within the law would ease my conscience if my dog mullered some kid who was unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

• Like 1

Its your dog,nowt to do with me.I just couldn't put my faith in a dogs judgement between "legitimate visitors" everyone else.

If you don't put your faith in your dogs they will play up, in the field or at home.Its" nothing to do with you" but you reckon I should cull a top little terrier for being loyal.

My uncle has a fully trained malinois and his gun was stolen out of his bedroom while the dog was locked out. He was bragging about nobody ever coming on his property with the dog around. As far as I can see the dogs only use is to massage his ego crowing about what it can do and the rest of his time is spent opening and locking gates and moving the dog from A to B to keep his grandkids or occasional visitors away from it . He forgot it was out one day when the postman came and luckily he made back into the van in time. The dog just about trusts immediate family but won't take commands off them and if it attacked a stranger if uncle wasn't home then the dog wouldn't release victim for anyone but him. They are an admirable beast and have their uses but in a busy home a complete nuisance. No matter how careful the owner is some other idiot will leave the wrong door or gate open and god forbid if there was a child or any person the dogs not comfortable with behind it. Most jack Russell's wouldn't be capable of doing serious harm to a person. They are generally a fear biter cowardly dog that won't bite when your facing them but will happily grab you by the heel or calf muscle when your back is turned. They are only dangerous to a small child.

• Like 2

Its your dog,nowt to do with me.I just couldn't put my faith in a dogs judgement between "legitimate visitors" everyone else.

If you don't put your faith in your dogs they will play up, in the field or at home.Its" nothing to do with you" but you reckon I should cull a top little terrier for being loyal.

Yes.And by the way,your dog IS playing up lol.You obviously have some concerns about the dog or you wouldn't have started a topic asking opinions about it titled Human Aggressive Russel..Last I,ll say on the matter.

• Like 1

Yes.And by the way,your dog IS playing up lol.You obviously have some concerns about the dog or you wouldn't have started a topic asking opinions about it titled Human Aggressive Russel..Last I,ll say on the matter.

There's been some sensible advice and opinions on this thread,untortunately yours isn't one of them.lol.

• Like 1

My uncle has a fully trained malinois and his gun was stolen out of his bedroom while the dog was locked out. He was bragging about nobody ever coming on his property with the dog around. As far as I can see the dogs only use is to massage his ego crowing about what it can do and the rest of his time is spent opening and locking gates and moving the dog from A to B to keep his grandkids or occasional visitors away from it . He forgot it was out one day when the postman came and luckily he made back into the van in time. The dog just about trusts immediate family but won't take commands off them and if it attacked a stranger if uncle wasn't home then the dog wouldn't release victim for anyone but him. They are an admirable beast and have their uses but in a busy home a complete nuisance. No matter how careful the owner is some other idiot will leave the wrong door or gate open and god forbid if there was a child or any person the dogs not comfortable with behind it. Most jack Russell's wouldn't be capable of doing serious harm to a person. They are generally a fear biter cowardly dog that won't bite when your facing them but will happily grab you by the heel or calf muscle when your back is turned. They are only dangerous to a small child.

fair point that, if they want to get in your property , they will, they do the above , or shoot / poison the dog.I was watching a vid on here the other night, about guard/watch dogs, and they (trainers ) done few tests on dogs that supposed to guard the property , ok these weren't out and out guard dogs just pets , when the blokes went in the property the dogs barked couple of times and that was it , lol, a gsd was prob the best , but they soon won i over. i think its was because the blokes show no fear, and they were wearing dog protection suits, so that gave them no fear as well lol but scum who break in to nick stuff will nick a dog as well, i remember reading about one place , where they took a rottie , and a car, they know how to handle dogs as got no natural fear of dogs . :yes: But out on my walk with my 2 dogs sat, i bumped into some young lads, with a big Akita male dog, it was massive dog with big bone , but it was the look of it , it would i reckon just bite no prob, it had that look in its eyes , not to feck about with it. i dont know alot about the breed , but the ones ive seen all were quite didn't bark , not like some gsds or rotties might , no there one breed i think you have to shoot it to get past it well deff him :yes: , my 2 dog kept away from it, Buck big soft thing, nothing like that dog , and being honest i wouldn't feel comfortable with that akita . those lads had him on a harness , and i was bloody glad , wouldn't like to meet it loose !!

• Like 1

I just read today's Irish daily star a 64 year old woman has been mauled to death by a pair of cane torsos (Italian mastiffs). There is conflicting stories in the media. Newspaper said the dogs escaped from a garden shed on her own property and RTE news say that she was visiting relatives that weren't home at the time and when they arrived back it was too late to save her. Either way RIP to the woman it's a terrible tragedy.

• Like 1

Your Uncle hasn't got a "fully trained Malinois" he has just got a dog that bites I'm afraid.

Your Uncle hasn't got a "fully trained Malinois" he has just got a dog that bites I'm afraid.

yes it's fully professionally trained to attack strangers in his home that's it's job. It won't except food off of strangers but will except food from family members but not commands as they weren't trained to handle the dog. The dog will do without question everything it was taught to do including herding cattle. How do you make the assumption it's just a dog that bites when it will only attack people it doesn't recognise when the owner isn't there. If it didn't do what was required it wouldn't of made it through training program.

yes it's fully professionally trained to attack strangers in his home that's it's job. It won't except food off of strangers but will except food from family members but not commands as they weren't trained to handle the dog. The dog will do without question everything it was taught to do including herding cattle. How do you make the assumption it's just a dog that bites when it will only attack people it doesn't recognise when the owner isn't there. If it didn't do what was required it wouldn't of made it through training program.

I wasn't saying it's not trained, it's just not fully trained.

Most guard breeds will bite strangers if trained to. It's the fact that your Uncle has a dog that he has to keep away from people to protect them, an almost pointless family guardian. What is the point of having a guard dog that you have to keep out the way?

A well trained dog should be able to walk free amongst strangers, up to the point where you need their help.

Both my misses and my son are able to command my Malinois to bite and more importantly let go.

Not saying your Uncles dog isn't a good one, but having to do the things you said regarding keeping it away from people, Grandkids included!

It's his dog and if he likes it like that then it's down to him.

Just tell him to put his guns away in future :laugh: .