Got stung by one last year, put me in hospital.

Bloody hell you are joking? Are you allergic or are they really that bad?

Absolutely not joking. I'm not allergic but don't do too well with stings after getting 13 wasp stings a few years ago. Never had pain like it and by the time I got to A & E my blood pressure was all over the place and chest tightening up.

many, many moons back. i moved into a farm bungalow, had an old open fire a bit past it's best, so coming up to winter i decided to put it into use, got a new basket for it etc, and thought i better sweep the chimney before i put it into use. got hold of some brushes and gave the old man a bell to borrow his drain rods. he drops em off, tied up in an old fisons compost bag. lean em up in the living room thinking to crack on with it the morning after. me and the missus are sitting there watching the box and i hear this tap tap tapping coming from the fisons bag, open it up to investigate and 5 f***ing great hornets sluggishly fly out and plonk themselves on the curtains! ARSE, i think...what to do??? sucked em up with the hoover i tells ya, then emptied an aerosol of fly killer into it! all you need whilst eating ya supper...

Yokel

• Like 1

Got stung by one last year, put me in hospital.

Bloody hell you are joking? Are you allergic or are they really that bad?

Absolutely not joking. I'm not allergic but don't do too well with stings after getting 13 wasp stings a few years ago. Never had pain like it and by the time I got to A & E my blood pressure was all over the place and chest tightening up.

Christ that is bad, I think that the more stings you get over the years the more likely you can have a bad reaction/anaphylactic shock

My mum is now allergic and only found out on her 50th birthday. I have never seen anything like it, it was like she had aged by 40 years, luckily there was a doctor present who gave her something possibly adrenaline and she now has to carry round an auto-injector