Firkin Scum....this Is Why Hunting Folk Aare Not Wellcome In Farmland Anymore Without Permissio

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/gardai-arrest-three-over-horror-burglary-at-home-of-elderly-couple

poor couple frightened to near death...b*****ds to do that to an elderly couple....

Gardai arrest three over horror burglary at home of elderly couple
Jimmy and Maura Campion
Gardaí have arrested three men over a horror burglary at the home of an elderly couple in North Tipperary earlier this month.

Raiders broke into the home of Jimmy Campion in Roscrea, Co Tipperary late on May 7 and beat him with his own walking stick.

Mr Campion and his wife Maura (87) were left traumatised after the two men broke in through a side window of their home at 11.45pm on the Sunday night.

A quantity of cash was taken in the aggravated burglary.

Independent.ie has learned that gardaí arrested a 28-year-old man in South Dublin on Monday and he is currently being held at a station in North Tipperary under Section 30 of the Offences against the state act.

Earlier today, gardaí carried out two further arrests.

A 34-year-old man and a 17-year-old male were arrested in South Dublin and they are also detained at Garda stations in North Tipperary. They are being questioned under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.

The attack on the Campions home caused outrage when news emerged earlier this month.

Taoiseach Enda Kenny described the attack as “unforgiveable in so many ways”.

He described the robbery as an “act of cowardice” and “wanton brutality” carried out by “thugs”.

The Taoiseach was responding to comments from Kerry TD Michael Healy Rae who told the Dáil those responsible should be “tagged for life”.

“These people are scumbags. They are the worse type of cowardly blaggards that God ever put on this world,” he said.

“Two men attacked him. They broke his walking stick over his head. They ransacked his house, they stole his money. This type of behaviour from any human being should not be tolerated.”

Edited by jigsaw

so what has this to do with hunting folk? disgusting act of cowardice but hunting folk shouldn't even be mentioned "if" it wasn't hunting lads that committed the crime

• Like 1

I think he means it's not gona help any off us hunting folk. Anybody driving around at night lamping is gona be stopped n searched night after night. If u were this couple or lived in the local area would u give permission to people to hunt/lamp? Nope. It has a knock on effect. Scumbags

so what has this to do with hunting folk? disgusting act of cowardice but hunting folk shouldn't even be mentioned "if" it wasn't hunting lads that committed the crime

exactly as shovel shy said,a few years back we used to walk up to farms by day,introduce ourselves,saying we wanted to cartch a few rabbits etc,,,the reply was ''WORK AWAY''.... now with a lot of this shit going on everyone is looked upon with suspicion,they see the only way to keep scum away is by keeping everyone away,,,hence the knock on affect it has on hunting folk,,genuine respectful honest hunting lads...that was my point..

• Like 2

Them fellas don't live to far from me anf As far as I know there up to that sort of crap all the time some of them keep Lurcher's as an excuse for when there pulled over I've had a run in with one of them a few years ago I was told he was asking about a dog I had so I approached him and had a word with him.pure scum only pick on the old and weak.

One thing I always said to landowners was "I'll watch your shit for you, to the best of my ability" ... an extra pair of eyes is always good for them but the request and offer goes down a lot better with references ;)

• Like 1

it boils my blood that this has happened too people at their stage in life, the kind of old irish people that i can only describe as the vanishing ireland these lovely old people are a joy too talk too when one spends the time to do so.hearing stories from a time in ireland that im afraid is gone forever.

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 3

Some folk just use lamping as a excuse to see whats about a place and work out when they can steal it no wonder some land owners give genuine folk a hard time

this reminds me when padraig nally a small farming man in his 60s kept getting robbed up in mayo or was it galway,a local traveller family the wards had been at him for a good while.mr nally eventually had enough and waited up one night and caught the travelling man red handed and he gave him both barrels and shot him stone dead.the traveller jonh ward had something like 20 convictions for robbery it was later found out,mr nalley went too jail but the irish public protested for mr nallys release,his time in jail was cut short,i was never so happy when i herd this.it was a big case in ireland about 13yrs ago.

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 1

i remember it well,disgraceful carry on by our government,,,the laws were changed shortly afterwards i believe..I went for a dig with a bloke i knew not too well..We had walked through an abandoned old farm full of outhouses and barns..after a while this lad I was with went off on his own,when I followed he was in and out of the sheds checking what was in there...it was the last time he came out with me again I can tell you...no room for folk with a thieving streak in them in the hunting game...

• Like 1