• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shut ya mouth gobshite..plenty of lads on here dug with me over the last 20 years and a lot of you know me well not one for bullshitters.for those who want to know I' still have the dogs.just been bu

well as you know from previous posts goat ive dug with many a good terrierman and never had a bad word said about me until you start opening ya fat gob I offer you an honest days out on permission whi

I totally agree, the hard part will always be finding lads willing to give the pup a correct education and chance to develop

If they were that good chaffinch all the local lads would be snapping his hand off for them and they wouldn't need to be advertised on here...

Doubt it

The breeder of my pup had an interesting theory about this - don't let your pups go local otherwise your stock could end up killing your permo and/or sport

What a selling spiel that is!! FFS that has made my day, what a load of shite.

We didn't breed a lot years ago, but my old man had the same rule, he would never let anything go local........but not for the same reason, he just thought all the local lads we're pure shite!! Haha....

I didn't get it at the time, but it makes more sense now....;-)

• Like 5

We didn't breed a lot years ago, but my old man had the same rule, he would never let anything go local........but not for the same reason, he just thought all the local lads we're pure shite!! Haha....

They will learn....one day

Nah....they didn't.

To be fair there wasn't that many around us, none that it took it that seriously. We travelled a lot of miles up north from the south east to get what we considered great blood?? This was the late 80s, early 90s. He just didn't want to give that up to some local lads that were fcuking about. Yes pups went further afield, maybe to other idiots??, but his logic was he didn't want their fcuk ups local & talking shite about it.........He was too proud haha....

& Looking back, he was right......;-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 3

Nah....they didn't.

To be fair there wasn't that many around us, none that it took it that seriously. We travelled a lot of miles up north from the south east to get what we considered great blood?? This was the late 80s, early 90s. He just didn't want to give that up to some local lads that were fcuking about. Yes pups went further afield, maybe to other idiots??, but his logic was he didn't want their fcuk ups local & talking shite about it.........He was too proud haha....

I agree, pups shouldn't go to lads just because they're local. They should go to people that will do them justice regardless of the distance between you
  • Like 5

If they were that good chaffinch all the local lads would be snapping his hand off for them and they wouldn't need to be advertised on here...

Doubt it

The breeder of my pup had an interesting theory about this - don't let your pups go local otherwise your stock could end up killing your permo and/or sport

I can see his point dead eyes. I got two Hounds starting off gifted from a lad fairly local. He wasn't sure at first. I told him I wouldn't run covers around where he lives. And to this day although less than 12miles away I still don't hunt there. So I see the point
  • Like 1

I understand lads that breed a litter for themselves. For example if I bred litter there'd be what I wanted. One or two would go to local mates and the rest would go to lads from different parts of the country. (FOC)

However when someone breeds a litter, with no plans of keeping a pup and is willing to sell to whoever turns up with the money, then give excuses of 'I dont want anyone local having them' is a bit dubious isn't it?

• Like 1

Nah....they didn't.

I agree, pups shouldn't go to lads just because they're local. They should go to people that will do them justice regardless of the distance between you
I totally agree, the hard part will always be finding lads willing to give the pup a correct education and chance to develop
  • Like 6

Same breeder that told you it's related to toffee????

The breeder didn't tell me that - the owner of some from the litter did

I've also had it confirmed by someone outside who'd know

Either way, it might not matter a dot as she's 6kg