Nebraska Coyote Hound

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's one from the other Dan.   Here's my biggest male. Duce is 28" (71.12 cm) @ 100# (45.35 kg.). He moves and bounces around like a dang terrier. He's got a good turn on him for a big brute.

Not many people take video of encounters with bears. We still have to be somewhat careful of public opinion. The lessons learned from watching the UK loose so much in the way of dogging critters was

This was the Stitch dog that Andy Rocks gave me. I could never thank him enough for that. What a dog! Taught me what to look for in a good one.

Posted Images

these are all you need dan lol

it dont look right , the yote either been injured before , or it one dropped out of a bag , either way the abd killed it to easy, as to what Dan said regards yote fighting, hard to kill animal , well something dont sit right with the vid , same as the dropped wolves with eagles , the fight seem to be taken out of them :yes: well thats how it looks to me . !

• Like 1

it dont look right , the yote either been injured before , or it one dropped out of a bag , either way the abd killed it to easy, as to what Dan said regards yote fighting, hard to kill animal , well something dont sit right with the vid , same as the dropped wolves with eagles , the fight seem to be taken out of them :yes: well thats how it looks to me . !

a bulldog would get the job done faster then a sighthound imo. Few shakes of a dog with the jaw power of abd would be enough to kill a coyote in seconds imo.

But what do me an you know bird about coyotes lol

a bulldog would get the job done faster then a sighthound imo. Few shakes of a dog with the jaw power of abd would be enough to kill a coyote in seconds imo.

plus it looks like a lab x bulldog to me

I couldn't work out what it was ,cropped ears make it look different,I thought it was overweight ebt x pit at first lol.

I couldn't work out what it was ,cropped ears make it look different,I thought it was overweight ebt x pit at first lol.

shall we just say a mongrel then lol

Bull would kill it quicker than a sighthound, but the bull dog wouldnt have a chance of catching one on the run on open land like Dan and was it stuntman?? Hunt them.

Would love to have ago at hunting some on the big open land of the states

I am nowhere near qualified to speak but that last video was a bit sickening

As for the drone one, I think that in this country the idea of a nice tight bull grey killing foxes with a few chops is clearly not a comparative, after all , would you expect three Track greyhounds to kill a collie with two bites after a run ??

I was a bit disheartened admittedly with the lax heart of the pack running but if that's the standard , it is what it is , I'm sure a more forthcoming pack could be resulted from springing three half x bull greys from the back of ute twenty yards away

Interesting thread though, is the way of life dying out?

Do you get many youngsters coming through wanting to keep stags and yote hounds?

• Like 1

This was the Stitch dog that Andy Rocks gave me. I could never thank him enough for that. What a dog! Taught me what to look for in a good one.

Still got the hounds pal? Get some pics up if ye have please, none a you in ye dungarees tho haha

Any hounds about now Dan?

Yes I'm back into the hounds. I got out for a couple years but my dad kept the blood going so now I'm back at it pretty much right where I left off.

Interesting thread though, is the way of life dying out?

Do you get many youngsters coming through wanting to keep stags and yote hounds?

Id say it is dying out sorta but its a very slow death. There are plenty of youngsters runnin dogs. My 3 are out every weekend with me and I can name prolly at least a few dozen other families like that as well.

I kinda screwed up your quote cuz I deleted too much of it and then forgot to respond to part of it. The drone video is not the standard at all. Take care

Edited by Dan Edwards

This is the grandson of the Stitch dog over his daughter. Gonna be big b*****ds but its all we got so we make do.

well you keeping the line tight Dan, and both good proven dogs, prob the best way to go .Do you ever out x to a pure greyhound , or a deerhound , more so the greyhound to had bit more speed , or do the stag line you keep hold enough speed with every generation . Just curious thats all Dan , as over its either lurcher x lurcher , or pure running dogs used greyhound, whippet, saluki, deerhound , back working breeds collies, terriers , etc

Your dogs all still down off stitch dan?

Whats left of em yes. He made it look easy. His daughter use to til the last 2 years. She just turned 7 and the miles have caught up to her. She still looks ok on the outside for the most part but she is not ok. I only ran her a couple times this last winter just to show her to a few guys but other than that she is pretty much retired. We just bred her to a grandson of Stitch. We shall see.

I had a dog the spit of that in his prime , lovely stamp the smooths

Great thread! That first video with the three stags running the coyote I personally don't have any problem with, while I agree that video should not be used as an 'advertisement' sometimes quarry can be stubborn and that looked like extremely tough terrain. If I was on that hunt I would have been well and truly engaged! While the dogs don't look like ace dogs by any stretch, but not too many running dogs perform like a game dog on the dispatch, but I wish all mine would! The second video was basically an execution and a bit of a bore to me...

This is the grandson of the Stitch dog over his daughter. Gonna be big b*****ds but its all we got so we make do.

well you keeping the line tight Dan, and both good proven dogs, prob the best way to go .Do you ever out x to a pure greyhound , or a deerhound , more so the greyhound to had bit more speed , or do the stag line you keep hold enough speed with every generation . Just curious thats all Dan , as over its either lurcher x lurcher , or pure running dogs used greyhound, whippet, saluki, deerhound , back working breeds collies, terriers , etc

I don't breed that often to be honest. I haven't really used any pure greyhounds that I can think of. My dad bred a field trial greyhound to a coyote bred bitch awhile back. I'm no historian but Id say these dogs carry a lot of greyhound blood. Id never breed to a deerhound nor would I hunt one. The "good ones" Ive "heard" of fought real hard but they didn't run tough. They pulled up when they was sore or whatever. Cant have that when ya runnin coyotes. This ground is rough as hell and they gotta run tough not just fast.