Nebraska Coyote Hound

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's one from the other Dan.   Here's my biggest male. Duce is 28" (71.12 cm) @ 100# (45.35 kg.). He moves and bounces around like a dang terrier. He's got a good turn on him for a big brute.

Not many people take video of encounters with bears. We still have to be somewhat careful of public opinion. The lessons learned from watching the UK loose so much in the way of dogging critters was

This was the Stitch dog that Andy Rocks gave me. I could never thank him enough for that. What a dog! Taught me what to look for in a good one.

Posted Images

Don't know much about this subject..but from what I've just seen on that video... I would have to say that those 3 dogs are Fekking useless.

If Coyote was my quarry and those dogs were my team... I would buy a gun. . . I don't see anything I would call sport in that video. All I see is cruelty and suffering in a long drawn out torturous spectacle.

Well, that wasn't the cleanest catch, to say the least. All that being said, some of the older males are not to easy to hold much less kill. From the looks of it, that was one of them. They are very tough and good fighters and it takes a lot of dog to keep getting inch long fangs pressed into it's face and other parts to stay on one like that. Better to have waited until you've run a few of the 45-55 pounders to talk about shooting dogs for that performance...it ain't easy.

Don't know much about this subject..but from what I've just seen on that video... I would have to say that those 3 dogs are Fekking useless.

If Coyote was my quarry and those dogs were my team... I would buy a gun. . . I don't see anything I would call sport in that video. All I see is cruelty and suffering in a long drawn out torturous spectacle.

Well, that wasn't the cleanest catch, to say the least. All that being said, some of the older males are not to easy to hold much less kill. From the looks of it, that was one of them. They are very tough and good fighters and it takes a lot of dog to keep getting inch long fangs pressed into it's face and other parts to stay on one like that. Better to have waited until you've run a few of the 45-55 pounders to talk about shooting dogs for that performance...it ain't easy.

I didn't mean buy a gun to shoot the dogs my good man

I meant to say get a gun and forget the dogs because that's no honorable way to kill another animal in the name of so called sport.

I would want a dog capable of killing the coyote quickly. If that's not possible. Get a gun.

Vin

Edited by vin

A lot of people criticising the dogs there. I wonder how many of those criticising have any experience of running coyote?

Maybe not but ive ran dogs 35 years on everything in the UK and know a jacker when I see one mate, Watch a video of Dan Edwards dogs running Coyote

• Like 1

A lot of people criticising the dogs there. I wonder how many of those criticising have any experience of running coyote?

Maybe not but ive ran dogs 35 years on everything in the UK and know a jacker when I see one mate, Watch a video of Dan Edwards dogs running Coyote

Deerman right what he says , there dogs in the UK that will tackle the quarry over here and alot will do it solo , so people like deerman etc are breeding dogs to do those quarry. So lets say Coyotes were over here as a quarry, you can bet that the blokes over here would try to breed a dog that got the balls to go into Coyote , regardless of it getting hurt , otherwise why hunt a animal if you know your dogs are holding back from it, you may as well just use a gun otherwise like Vin said :yes:

• Like 1

I've never hunted coyote,but if my dogs did a job like that I'd either use them for something else ,or not use them at all .

The fella was using the video like a public relations film. Maybe he should have used someone else's dogs that could do the job quicker ,or at least keep the film for his own private viewing.

As I say I have ,obviously never hunted coyote ,but I would leave it to the lads that have dogs more capable ,as it does your cause no favours.

• Like 1

So have I and I've watched Dan Edwards videos and read his posts. I seem to remember him saying that a dog that can kill singlehanded isn't common or something like that anyway. Sorry if I've put wrong words in your mouth Dan.

Anyways I wouldn't consider myself qualified to judge on the strength of watching vids. That's all I'm saying.

I've never hunted coyote,but if my dogs did a job like that I'd either use them for something else ,or not use them at all .

The fella was using the video like a public relations film. Maybe he should have used someone else's dogs that could do the job quicker ,or at least keep the film for his own private viewing.

As I say I have ,obviously never hunted coyote ,but I would leave it to the lads that have dogs more capable ,as it does your cause no favours.

And just to make it clear, I agree with this.

Just to add I understand that coyote must be a hell of a challenge for dogs,but most dogs will have a go at challenging quarry when 3 handed.

my question would be,would any of those dogs in the video show bravery single handed on ANY biting quarry ,USA, UK or otherwise?

Just to add I understand that coyote must be a hell of a challenge for dogs,but most dogs will have a go at challenging quarry when 3 handed.

my question would be,would any of those dogs in the video show bravery single handed on ANY biting quarry ,USA, UK or otherwise.

No way of knowing without trying. Dan Edwards rejects dogs if they're no good for coyote but I doubt if many dogs bred from working coyote dogs would jack on fox for instance.

my question would be,would any of those dogs in the video show bravery single handed on ANY biting quarry ,USA, UK or otherwise.

No way of knowing without trying. Dan Edwards rejects dogs if they're no good for coyote but I doubt if many dogs bred from working coyote dogs would jack on fox for instance.
like you say no way of knowing,but cowardice is cowardice and without having backup I'm sure it would show sooner . But my judgment is only on dogs in the videos ,and seeing dogs I've seen ,but who knows.

like you say no way of knowing,but cowardice is cowardice and without having backup I'm sure it would show sooner . But my judgment is only on dogs in the videos ,and seeing dogs I've seen ,but who knows.

Them dogs are shit lol

• Like 1

We can all post about what that vid portrays but on these shores we have no idea about what a Coyote offers as a quarry species and how difficult a beast it is to bring to task.Id expect more from lesser dogs though,those dogs made more effort to get in a queue than they took at the coal face,time after time those mutts looked for assistance and id have culled the 3 of them if Coyote was their purpose.A piss poor reflection of the jukels and the way they are entered.