World Strongest Man 2017(Don`t Read If You Want To Watch It On Tv At Christmas)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a result out in Botswana. A new World Strongest Man as of today.   1st Eddie Hall (England)   2nd Thor Bjornsson (Iceland)   3rd Brian Shaw (USA)   He said he`d do it and he did.  

Amen! Not all PED's are illegal. It's down to what works!   If you think that PED's aren't rife in professional sports you're seriously out of the loop! What the British public doesn't know is wh

Bill Werbenick used to take 18 pints and 2 whiskeys to steady his nerves, much more of a feat of endurance in itself than popping a pill or two.

Bill Werbenick used to take 18 pints and 2 whiskeys to steady his nerves, much more of a feat of endurance in itself than popping a pill or two.

Amen! Not all PED's are illegal. It's down to what works!

no gnasher i'm not talking about rackets and stuff i just think if steriods are common place in sports the ACTUAL SKILL of the sport will be lost.take boxing for example, so who's better, the man ducking/diving and dancing around the ring showing all the skill of a proper boxer or the muscle head who just takes your head off with 1 lucky punch.?they'll be no sport if it goes that way.

we won't convince each other otherwise but competitive sports should be clean.

If you think that PED's aren't rife in professional sports you're seriously out of the loop! What the British public doesn't know is what makes them the British public! :thumbs:

Genuine question. How do you feel about soldiers using beta blockers to counter adrenaline, sharpshooters using them to steady their nerves? How about pilots using amphetamines to pull long hours in the cockpit? The fact that both the axis and allies, in WW2, used methamphetamine as a PED to combat fatigue? If you use caffeine and nicotine, for focus. Alcohol or melatonin to help you sleep? Look at the Williams sisters... They both have doctors notes to use banned substances, as they're medication not PED's. That makes it alright then? :laugh:

Performance enhancing drugs. Illegal, or legal, you're using them to give you that extra to perform that little further. It doesn't take away the skill of a gifted athlete but it does level the playing field in an environment where money is the king. ;)

Enhancing performance is enhancing performance mate it's only that drugs are not socially acceptable that we have a problem with it sometimes the finest lines in top level sport performance have absolutely nothing to do with talent and ability peds or no peds.

You have used the worst possible example of which im not going to go into but yes you are right and having competed in sport most of my life i now simply accept,understand and acknowledge how sporting performance and scientific nutrition evolves over time......although i also understand how some people cant accept it.

Can't agree more, Gnash. It surprises me that most are so naive to what performance enhancing actually means. Lance was an incredible athlete despite EPO. The fact that he was ruined over it was myopic to say the least. If anything cycling and WSM are the only level playing fields in professional sports as they're all at it! So f***ing what?!

I honestly don't see what the problem is. As the IOC, and UCI, keep showing us... You're only dirty if you get caught! Anyone remember Linford Christie? :laugh:

Reading a very interesting book at the moment called Blitzed about the influence of methamphetamine on Nazi Germany. Wow!! :-)

• Like 1

Even these guys who claim "natural" are probably still taking protein shakes as they are undetectable in most drugs tests

why would a protein shake show up in a drug test

They are steroid supplements used mainly in the bodybuilding world mate.

They're a natural product from making milk and are just the skim off the milk, contains protein same as chicken, beef or fish!

Not sure if your actually serious or taking the piss :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

Even these guys who claim "natural" are probably still taking protein shakes as they are undetectable in most drugs tests

why would a protein shake show up in a drug test

They are steroid supplements used mainly in the bodybuilding world mate.

They're a natural product from making milk and are just the skim off the milk, contains protein same as chicken, beef or fish!

Not sure if your actually serious or taking the piss :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry I thought protein shakes were banned for natural athletes but I've looked it up there and i think I was getting it confused with another banned strength supplement called creatine.

Stop pulling people legs :thumbs::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

Can't agree more, Gnash. It surprises me that most are so naive to what performance enhancing actually means. Lance was an incredible athlete despite EPO. The fact that he was ruined over it was myopic to say the least. If anything cycling and WSM are the only level playing fields in professional sports as they're all at it! So f***ing what?!

I honestly don't see what the problem is. As the IOC, and UCI, keep showing us... You're only dirty if you get caught! Anyone remember Linford Christie? :laugh:

Guys like Armstrong and even more so Ben Johnson probably would of won their race anyway....people tend to get all hysterical as soon as they hear the word " drug " when the reality is the difference between winning and losing could amount to no more than correct recovery drinks or sleeping in an oxygen tent the margins are so fine....yet nobody kicks off about them enhancing performance.

If we are realistic in todays times your strength and conditioning coach and your dietician are equal cogs in the wheel as your trainer,your equipment or your tactics.......compromise on any one of them at your own risk.

Edited by gnasher16

Dont know much about peds myself, but i agree with ginger, theres no excuses for it, its cheating at the end of the day, even tho as some say most are at it, in the end when you look in the mirror, your only kidding yourself.

Young kids should be encouraged to stay away from peds, but if an adult wants to take them then thats up to them.

I watched a documentary on one of the German women's weightlifting Olympics team I think it was in the 1970s but not sure. They pumped that much testosterone into them that their clitrus grew 3 inches long and they started growing beards. One of the girls was so fcuked up that she ended up getting a sex change after it because she was more man than woman. The problem with allowing peds is will the atheletes wont know when to stop and it would be hard to regulate it. Will they all over do it to the point of death and it will be like the world wrestling federation with atheletes dieing of heart attacks and murdering their families with roid rage. Most steroid users you meet are egotistical aggressive arse holes and while it can't be 100% proven that they weren't like that already there is certainly a trend there. I think a bit of acne on the back is the least of their worries.

I watched a documentary on one of the German women's weightlifting Olympics team I think it was in the 1970s but not sure. They pumped that much testosterone into them that their clitrus grew 3 inches long and they started growing beards. One of the girls was so fcuked up that she ended up getting a sex change after it because she was more man than woman. The problem with allowing peds is will the atheletes wont know when to stop and it would be hard to regulate it. Will they all over do it to the point of death and it will be like the world wrestling federation with atheletes dieing of heart attacks and murdering their families with roid rage. Most steroid users you meet are egotistical aggressive arse holes and while it can't be 100% proven that they weren't like that already there is certainly a trend there. I think a bit of acne on the back is the least of their worries.

they like any other drug mate theres use and abuse

True a couple of those German girls were threw off the team because they refused them. Performance and Management team trying to push them too far. Do you think there is consequences to pay for years of use? Mental problems liver and organ damage etc. Shrinking manhood. ( could do without that ?). Naturally enough people who have dabbled with them will make excuses for it.

Dont know much about peds myself, but i agree with ginger, theres no excuses for it, its cheating at the end of the day, even tho as some say most are at it, in the end when you look in the mirror, your only kidding yourself.

Young kids should be encouraged to stay away from peds, but if an adult wants to take them then thats up to them.

How is it cheating if your governing body doesn't class them as banned substances? :hmm: WSM doesn't have the same testing policy as the IOC.

I also noticed that no one commented on PED's in the military. They're cheating. They're using banned substances. Why the double standard? :hmm:

Young kids should be encouraged to stay away but if there is money on the table it's the difference between a payday and a wannabe. That's where professional sports are in 2017. Like it or not it's never going away and no crack down or wagging of the finger is going to change that.

Edited by ChrisJones

i'm not shocked or angry or sad.i live in the real world but i'm dissapointed with peoples attitudes on here.almost encouraging there use. :nono::no::wallbash:

No one is encouraging anything. This drugs in sport thing has been around a very long time. It's not going away they're just going to develop better substances.

Which countries military are you talking about Chris ??? .....

The military and amphetamines have a long history. The Yanks have been using them for years. Fighter pilots using amphetamines is the most common but a recent study by the Mountain Tactical Institute reported that half of respondents admitted to using them. A recent freedom of information request, regarding the British military suggests that there has been a five fold increase in the number of failed tests for PED's, specifically steroids. A certain officer seems to condone it. I'm sure there is plenty of anecdotal stuff too. I know quite a few. personally! :laugh:

I have no interest in the main subject but Chris is correct in that amphetamines were used heavily by all militaries. For sure the British military gave them to aircrews in WW2 and probably later.

My father in Law was a doctor in the RAF, I'll ask him about this if I can remember to.