Appleby For The Gorger

Alright gents. Just after a bit of opinions. Appleby in two weeks, ad me my missus and sister wanted to go for years so i decided we should go up together. I'm keen to see the bowtops, horses, and have a mooch about he markets. Just wondering what its like for us gorgers as we are known, is it many non traveller visitors? Don't want to be set upon by twenty blokes just for visiting lol. Cheers gents. Daz

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brilocreme ,vest,shiney shoes and trackie bottoms they be none the wiser pal-flat cap in your back pocket and the biggest gold chain you got you be right at home .atb dc

if I was you i would start steeping my hands in petril just in case it kicks off

Shout "shoite in a bucket" to people instead of good morning and you'll be sweet mate

Alright gents. Just after a bit of opinions. Appleby in two weeks, ad me my missus and sister wanted to go for years so i decided we should go up together. I'm keen to see the bowtops, horses, and have a mooch about he markets. Just wondering what its like for us gorgers as we are known, is it many non traveller visitors? Don't want to be set upon by twenty blokes just for visiting lol. Cheers gents. Daz

if I was you i would start steeping my hands in petril just in case it kicks off

• Like 7

If Appleby fair is the biggest gypsie gathering the surerly all these YouTube threats would be sorted out over that weekend or do all the individual families hide from each other and when they get home go on YouTube and give it ... if I had seen you down at the fair .......

• Like 1

I usually go. The gypsies are vastly outnumbered by visitors. I've never seen any trouble. It would be more likely family feuds between gypsies if trouble did break out. It's a good day out for all the family. No reason not to go mate.

• Like 1

Go along and have a nice time mate - your money's as good as any one else's :thumbs:

We used to go to the fair in the park every summer back home - that was owned and run by gypsies. They policed it themselves and It was always a really good night :thumbs:

Been going every year for the last couple years stay up there from the Thursday to the Monday i really enjoy it up there although I don't stay in Appleby itself I stay in Kirkby Stephen and travel back and forth to the fair every day never had no bother up there although I would say keep an eye on your pockets I've never been done but my mate was sat in pub and had £300 took off him by young lad pickpocketing lucky his mate spotted him he had it back lol but all in all good weekend if you ask me

If Appleby fair is the biggest gypsie gathering the surerly all these YouTube threats would be sorted out over that weekend or do all the individual families hide from each other and when they get home go on YouTube and give it ... if I had seen you down at the fair .......

They make a an anomous phone call to plod,about trouble,sawn off ect before the go.place is crawling with cops.

• Like 1

Brilocreme ,vest,shiney shoes and trackie bottoms they be none the wiser pal-flat cap in your back pocket and the biggest gold chain you got you be right at home ;).atb dc

Not to mention a hip flask of peteril just incase Edited by low plains drifter
  • Like 1