Show Us Your White Dog's

12 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Spring in oz, little Russell bitch decided to take on two Eastern brown snakes(worlds second deadliest land snake) that entered the property.Thought she'd got away with it,6 hours later bleeding from the nose.$2500 vet bill,see if she makes it tonight,fingers crossed.She hunts a lot of game but has a fierce hatred for snakes.I love that dog.

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

Hope she makes it okay mate. Always love JR's brave as hell.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

Thanks Arry I think its the same snake that nearly got me last summer,has a scar on its tail.

Are these snakes protected? What treatment do dogs get for snake bites from the vets? Best of luck with little dog.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Spring in oz, little Russell bitch decided to take on two Eastern brown snakes(worlds second deadliest land snake) that entered the property.Thought she'd got away with it,6 hours later bleeding from the nose.$2500 vet bill,see if she makes it tonight,fingers crossed.She hunts a lot of game but has a fierce hatred for snakes.I love that dog.

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

Yeh fingers crossed for her pal, Atb 

• Like 1

Thanks fellas she's better this morning but still some bleeding because I didn't think she had been bitten till hours later and venom had started to do damage,so be in vets a while.I think you should assume their bitten if they have killed a snake although she has done this many times.Hope I didn't leave it too long.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Str said:

That’s good news,can you not keep anti venom at home for you and dogs?.

The stuff is $1000 plus a hit and has a shelf life.If I get bitten I'll stay still as possible and ring an ambo.Thats why I don't hunt in Summer ,plus the heat.These b*****ds came in the house yard from the creek on the place,not much you can do.Was going to get above ground runs but you still have to let the dogs out often.

• Like 1