Show Us Your White Dog's

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, stop.end said:

Yes.. my own black dog... mistake mating...

She is only a young bitch only had 2 digs, 19 months now... she was 20 days into heat no blood no swelling and was caught by my black dog, I was in donegal and my brother was feeding them and he seen the tie..

The father was a good honest wee dog, 4 and a half with plenty of work, unfortunately lost him about 3 weeks ago, 2.6m broke through to him dead with quarry  straight in front of him I was gutted...

she had 7, 6 whites and 1 black dog pup.. 4 pups gifted to working homes and I kept 3... 2 white bitches and the black dog...I also bred the mother so I know them inside out...

IMG_20181010_215847.jpg

any spare?

12 hours ago, Mixedgrill said:

You were lucky enough to only get one pure black pup  ?  mistake me arse lol why not use a white dog ?

Lol.. I wasn't looking to use any dog at all.. the bitch is to young and only started in no way at all tested..it was a mistake mating...the dog had been though and they have not been lied to about anything to anyone, they were gifted to men I know who will rare and work them  right and I kept the rest..and if they don't work out its no harm to anyone.. except our time... 

Thanks rabbit hunter, the wee black dog was a decent dog well bred and tried I dug over his litter brother last week.have dug over his mother father uncles grannies and grandas over the last 10 years...the mother has had 2 outings, her mother I owned from a pup also 13 weeks.. I know enough good men to be gifted these terriers in the first instance so I think I would know enough to go back to the man himself which I have done before IF I had actually wanted pups before splashing it over the THL ffs.

Lol dillydog on hear has said a few times an empty can makes the most noise.. 

I know now what he means...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, jiggy said:

Have you still got mother of the bitch with 2 digs? She was working well by all means.

Jiggy yes I still have the mother of the pups mother,  still ticking away with her, she's rock solid and so will the mother of the pups be, she's dried up now and will be tried every opportunity... she showed good signs already, and the sire of her was a great dog also......lol you think I was trying to sell them ffs..hope alls good with you...

Cheers apache.. long story but the mother of these pups has more honest breeding than most....now I remember why I don't post anymore...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, stop.end said:

Jiggy yes I still have the mother of the pups mother,  still ticking away with her, she's rock solid and so will the mother of the pups be, she's dried up now and will be tried every opportunity... she showed good signs already, and the sire of her was a great dog also......lol you think I was trying to sell them ffs..hope alls good with you...

Cheers apache.. long story but the mother of these pups has more honest breeding than most....now I remember why I don't post anymore...

Fair play I'm sure if it was a deliberate mating you would of went to the original bitch first. Accidents happen and there is no reason why they won't work if blood is right both sides so best of luck with them.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:35, Aussie Whip said:

Whatever reason they were bred,its good to put a bit of colour in a white line to reduce deafness and blindness that crops up in some white dogs.

I've never thought that deafness or blindness was a problem in white working terriers. A neighbour once got a young adult white dog as a pet that was deaf. He was told that it was a white Lakeland but knew nothing of its breeding. I don't know if it came from one of he white Lakeland lines or was a "sport" from normal coloured parents. Not seen Russells with these problems though. Maybe it happens and people don't broadcast it. Not came across it myself though. Would of thought those kind of defects were bred out many years ago.

Spring in oz, little Russell bitch decided to take on two Eastern brown snakes(worlds second deadliest land snake) that entered the property.Thought she'd got away with it,6 hours later bleeding from the nose.$2500 vet bill,see if she makes it tonight,fingers crossed.She hunts a lot of game but has a fierce hatred for snakes.I love that dog.

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

• Like 3