Show Us Your White Dog's

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, DogMagic2 said:

weeeee.jpg.268eca92734ec3b70374328d28c784a5.jpgweee.jpg.e21c60678672000a5fb80e55eac4acdb.jpgOreowee.jpg.117f41751871977b11d9e174c88c670c.jpg

A nice old fashioned "ankle biter" type Russell that was probably the most popular of pet breeds at one time in the UK. The enemy of postmen, binmen, paper boys and milkmen. Had great fun hunting all sorts with them growing up. Mostly borrowed from neighbours. People didn't mind back then as long as you washed them before bringing them back and  hadn't hit on anything too smelly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

A nice old fashioned "ankle biter" type Russell that was probably the most popular of pet breeds at one time in the UK. The enemy of postmen, binmen, paper boys and milkmen. Had great fun hunting all sorts with them growing up. Mostly borrowed from neighbours. People didn't mind back then as long as you washed them before bringing them back and  hadn't hit on anything too smelly.

Thanks. Shes a jack russel x cocker spaniel. Sweet little thing. Driven as hell. Mainly a pet tbh but she loves pushing rabbits out of the bushes too

• Like 1
On 16/01/2024 at 19:08, DogMagic2 said:

Thanks. Shes a jack russel x cocker spaniel. Sweet little thing. Driven as hell. Mainly a pet tbh but she loves pushing rabbits out of the bushes too

Russell x cocker? Just shows what I know, bugger all 🙂 . Back in the day those Jack Russells on estates were probably a bit of this and a bit of that, especially considering that parents went to work, kids went to school and people's dogs were just let out to form packs and roam the streets until someone returned. Madness to think about now, but happy days at the time. Unless you were a postman.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Russell x cocker? Just shows what I know, bugger all 🙂 . Back in the day those Jack Russells on estates were probably a bit of this and a bit of that, especially considering that parents went to work, kids went to school and people's dogs were just let out to form packs and roam the streets until someone returned. Madness to think about now, but happy days at the time. Unless you were a postman.

Yeah i got her in ireland from someone who did exactly that.... let their in season cocker wander all over the place all day. It was the second time she'd gotton pregnant from their neighbours jrt as well so they should have learned lol 

29 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Them few pics took me back 50 odd years

• Like 2
13 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Back in the day those Jack Russells on estates were probably a bit of this and a bit of that,

Probably a good thing, only the toughest and smartest survived, with a big gene pool they were healthy as. I'd bet these mongrel terriers were a lot more useful than todays show bred Russells.