Show Us Your White Dog's

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

Looks to have a bit of Sealyham to me

Something that someone once said that shocked me at the time "there's all sorts in them son". This is not meant as a slur or a derogatory comment of any terriers on this post, far from it. And many lines/strains/families of white terriers are the result of many generations of known breeding. But at times people added this and that and the blood is still in there.

They closed the gene pool on the Fox Terrier late 19th century, look at them now. Sealyham a bit later. Parson Russell late 20th century. All for "breed purity" and conforming to a breed standard, choosing to ignore the evidence in front of their eyes that the "standard" was/is deteriorating with every passing decade. 

• Like 2
On 10/09/2022 at 04:47, eastcoast said:

Parson Russell late 20th century. All for "breed purity" and conforming to a breed standard,

I love the rough working type Russells but the Parsons over here are fairly rare and still largely used for work. I think they are popular as most over here want to bolt fox for guns or lurchers mostly.

dan their is no way you have enough time to do that russell pup justice what with all the work your doing and extra burden of keeping all the corkers on here in line, so i'll take it off your hand just pm me the post code and i'll have a mate collect it.

7 minutes ago, big sid said:

dan their is no way you have enough time to do that russell pup justice what with all the work your doing and extra burden of keeping all the corkers on here in line, so i'll take it off your hand just pm me the post code and i'll have a mate collect it.

you would need ear defenders...it's a noisy cnut,the noise it makes along with that f***ing Plummer?goes through me at times?DSC_2936.JPG.7e2fe1e6f6c0b208843c046e89cba4b5.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 3