Show Us Your White Dog's

18 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Photo around 1927. Sure the terrier had a great time when they got to the bottom of the Rick 

213E3C2D-F859-4FA2-9FB8-BC07C97F6EF1.jpeg

It is still law to have a terrier or two to mop up the vermin when threshing,i used to help on a farm a few miles from me at threshing time and take my terriers along and we never had less than 150 rats out of a stack and it was always funny how the terriers would just leave the hundreds of mice and only go for the rats.Brilliant sport but my god i got blisters on blisters and eyes so sore i thought i was going blind from the dust on a few days when we needed it threshed out quick as the rain was coming, the farmer grew the corn for thatching straw so it has to be old school so to keep the stalk long..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, dillydog said:

All being well I'll be having a white one soon, strange times .

It's been almost 30 years since one graced my yard, hopefully she'll see work and be a welcome member of the team 

IMG-20220802-WA0050.jpg

IMG-20220807-WA0007.jpg

You get that pup from Ireland?

55 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Bonney dog DC looks well. Have you still got the plummer ? How you getting on with it 

yes still got it mate, searching out and killing rats no bother?got to be the most vocal terrier I've owned,very clever little dogs,learn quick,very eager to please, but a bit templemental around the others,but manageable ??DSC_2692.JPG.a14c2a0f02590a20c0cffef7ba3ca324.JPGDSC_2687.JPG.4f33eecb906df7abff2dacb94a42cd95.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

yes still got it mate, searching out and killing rats no bother?got to be the most vocal terrier I've owned,very clever little dogs,learn quick,very eager to please, but a bit templemental around the others,but manageable ??DSC_2692.JPG.a14c2a0f02590a20c0cffef7ba3ca324.JPGDSC_2687.JPG.4f33eecb906df7abff2dacb94a42cd95.JPG

Bonney dog. I ain't add digging dogs for 15 years or more. But I always fancied a Plummer as a mini mooching ratching about dog. Cheers DC 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Nice that 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Bonney dog. I ain't add digging dogs for 15 years or more. But I always fancied a Plummer as a mini mooching ratching about dog. Cheers DC 

My old plummer bitch i could take and did take her any where in any stock from pheasants,ducks,chickens up to big stock like cattle and she was 100% around it all,she'd mark and when she did i'd have put my world on her not telling a lie.She'd bush and work with ferrets but wold never go into a rabbit hole unless a fox was present and when she did go to ground she stayed till she was dug to..Some are a bit gassy and i couldn't have kept my one outside in a run but she was a perfect house dog and so it didn't matter to me, under rated little dogs by a lot of folks but those that give them a go are sometimes a bit surprised at just how much they can do GIVEN THE CHANCE...:victory:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, fireman said:

My old plummer bitch i could take and did take her any where in any stock from pheasants,ducks,chickens up to big stock like cattle and she was 100% around it all,she'd mark and when she did i'd have put my world on her not telling a lie.She'd bush and work with ferrets but wold never go into a rabbit hole unless a fox was present and when she did go to ground she stayed till she was dug to..Some are a bit gassy and i couldn't have kept my one outside in a run but she was a perfect house dog and so it didn't matter to me, under rated little dogs by a lot of folks but those that give them a go are sometimes a bit surprised at just how much they can do GIVEN THE CHANCE...:victory:

Brilliant that, I think I remember you talking about her years ago. Sounds ideal 

• Like 1