• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, big sid said:

another

051.JPG

055.JPG

049.JPG

From a silly aesthetic point of view, but also practicality for a working dog, from the pictures that looks like the ideal Russell jacket. Difficult to fix as a type but noticed often comes when a smooth is mated to a heavy coated animal, the heavy coat being a pain to maintain.

Hello all, i have recently took on a Rushill Jack, he was being advertised as needing a more suitable home they wanted 200 for him i offered 100 as it was all i had, they let me have him as a Jack russell two years old didn't know anymore than that, he came with his papers from JRCGB showing his line his father won the 2021 JRCGB national, Rushill Crankie.

I got him as a walking companion/ carp dog my previous dog was a pattie of unknown origin as i got him from the Dogs Trust, so far he is doing well very friendly with people a bit reactive to other dogs don't think he got out much till i got him two weeks back. i live near Hampton Hill hounds so i may book him in for a few visits to help with his hellos.

all in all a nice dog who would work anything you put in front of him, a very keen dog that don't bark at what it's planning on going after, haven't had him off lea yet he does recall when told and a few other things but don't think he is ready for off lead in a public area. 

20220411_112512.jpg

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Wow, some dog you have there

not saying he will stay like that be he is unbelievably keen for what someone had planned to have as a family dog i doubt he would be as fast to get into something if he had been bite a few times. at the moment he thinks he could get stuck into anything. he will challenge other dogs but squirrels and stuff he stays quiet for, likes to watch horses as well? seems to like watching them not a sound. 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Cairn-keeper said:

not saying he will stay like that be he is unbelievably keen for what someone had planned to have as a family dog i doubt he would be as fast to get into something if he had been bite a few times. at the moment he thinks he could get stuck into anything. he will challenge other dogs but squirrels and stuff he stays quiet for, likes to watch horses as well? seems to like watching them not a sound. 

Don’t mistake being silent as the dog liking to watch stuff, a terrier is a predator, with the silence there is an underlying intent to something a bit more sinister as in wanting to make a kill, atb

Edited by Countryman62
  • Like 1

My Russel I re homed. Good bolting dog but wouldn’t stay. Would bush well but was a bugger for fighting with my black bitch. They can’t be in same company to this day which was a shame as I liked her around the place. But she’s living on a farm now doing general pest control 

CD8AE27A-93F1-4E16-8570-8E0D22D636AE.jpeg

• Like 11