• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

Nice them DC ?

did you breed em ?

ATB … T

No mate,black headed bitch  from an old   Hunt  terrierman couple of valleys over from us and the Plummer bitch ,is 9 wks old today,and a gift,on the understanding she goes back if she fails at what I want her for...she's out  of stuff bred for earth work ...so as good a chance as any T ?

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

No mate,black headed bitch  from an old   Hunt  terrierman couple of valleys over from us and the Plummer bitch ,is 9 wks old today,and a gift,on the understanding she goes back if she fails at what I want her for...she's out  of stuff bred for earth work ...so as good a chance as any T ?

Hope pup works out for you. You not got any pats now? 

5 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Hope pup works out for you. You not got any pats now? 

Gave what I had around me to a young lad who I was taking digging ....got my old NS bitch here,she's blind as a bat,she runs into the kennel mesh  when you go out to clean/ feed her?so she's in the house with the old beddy bull grey bitch who won't make Xmas ...trip to the vets very soon I think ?just got the big lurcher bitch now,the young Plummer bitch,a Russell dog and Russell bitch...they don't draw as much unwanted attention as the black dogs?old bitch is still keen and will do s shift but every time she does abit,her f***ing face falls off ?

32 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Gave what I had around me to a young lad who I was taking digging ....got my old NS bitch here,she's blind as a bat,she runs into the kennel mesh  when you go out to clean/ feed her?so she's in the house with the old beddy bull grey bitch who won't make Xmas ...trip to the vets very soon I think ?just got the big lurcher bitch now,the young Plummer bitch,a Russell dog and Russell bitch...they don't draw as much unwanted attention as the black dogs?old bitch is still keen and will do s shift but every time she does abit,her f***ing face falls off ?

Always shite when they get old…….. I dunno if I will keep another black dog as such every time mine does a shift more hair goes missing. Wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t live in a cul de sac ??‍♂️ Few more years hopefully move on to somewere out the way. 

14 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Always shite when they get old…….. I dunno if I will keep another black dog as such every time mine does a shift more hair goes missing. Wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t live in a cul de sac ??‍♂️ Few more years hopefully move on to somewere out the way. 

Only ever  had to worry about wrong UN's seeing them and knowing where you lived in the past. ..to many fur mommy's roaming around theses days ...if you live out in the sticks,then it's generally accepted more when your providing a service...they do love a good working dog??

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Only ever  had to worry about wrong UN's seeing them and knowing where you lived in the past. ..to many fur mommy's roaming around theses days ...if you live out in the sticks,then it's generally accepted more when your providing a service...they do love a good working dog??

Don’t think I have met any farmer who don’t appreciate a decent terrier ?? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Sounds like you’re in same boat as me .. lurcher wise.

i take the spaniels as well when local … you look nice and respectable ?…. Worlds gone mad and it won’t improve anytime soon 

ATVB … T

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TonyT said:

i take the spaniels as well when local … you look nice and respectable ?…. Worlds gone mad and it won’t improve anytime soon 

ATVB … T

Just to add….. that’s why I cringe at some posts ,

especially from Ireland….. although I envy the freedom 

they have and the quality animals they obviously have.

ATB ….. T

3 minutes ago, TonyT said:

ATVB … T

Everywhere I go,I get clowns stopping and talking to me about my Wheaton Lurcher bitch...they all tell me how she's bred? deffo wolfhound in that ??  or tits that think everything is for sale...

3 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Just to add….. that’s why I cringe at some posts ,

especially from Ireland….. although I envy the freedom 

they have and the quality animals they obviously have.

ATB ….. T

No one can take away our memories ?. ..I sincerely hope our cousin's across the water never lose that freedom T ?

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Everywhere I go,I get clowns stopping and talking to me about my Wheaton Lurcher bitch...they all tell me how she's bred? deffo wolfhound in that ??  or tits that think everything is for sale...

No one can take away our memories ?. ..I sincerely hope our cousin's across the water never lose that freedom T ?

Couldn’t agree more DC

1 minute ago, Wideboy said:

And you had to name the place? Plenty with Ireland down on address. 

Accepted …… 

not a slur on anyone or any country.

No offence meant…… I don’t think anything I’ve written is a secret.

ATB  T

Going back to the bad mouth thing, although cosmetics don't come into a working dog, a terrier's teeth are like a running dog's feet. I wouldn't get rid of a good worker for the fault but I don't think you should stray away when breeding from each type of dog's most important assets.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...